“Hiker's Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Hiker's Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had been hiking on the Appalachian Trail, which runs a few miles south of this hotel, when I needed a good nights sleep and chance to clean up. This hotel was excellent, they even offered a hiker's discount. The office manager, Brian, was very helpful in providing directions to the local laundry and recommended walking distance restaurants. He also assisted in getting bus information to NY City. The room was extremely clean and the bed and pillows were heaven. This is a great hotel within walking distance of a neat town. I would recommend to anyone traveling through this area. I'll start my next section hike from this location and I'll look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Shoesbythedoor,

Thank You for your very kids words. I often think that for hikers on the AP we must seem like the fourseasons. Last year was my first year here and I did not know anything about the Appalachian Trail, now I have a whole list of new words in my vocabulary. I also get to meet some amazing people who walk the trail then end up at Days Inn Great Barrington. Tell all your trail friends that a we have a Hot Shower and Very Comfortable Bed waiting for them. Great Barrington also has amazing restaurants and shops, we even have a real cobbler if they needs their boots or shoes repaired.

Happy Trails

Brian Console

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Great Barringto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My stay at the Days Inn in Great Barrington, MA met my expectations and made my trip enjoyable. The rooms were comfortable and clean. There was a mini fridge and coffee pot in the room. The continental breakfast was pleasant. I recommend staying here if you are in the area. The office staff was exceptional!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Pimsri A,

Thanks for the 5 star rating. Although we are not a 5 star hotel we try to give the added value of doing the best we can for you in customer service and having a clean and nice room for you. Thank you for your business and kind words. We recently upgraded all the room furniture and our breakfast area, so to see you comments means we are doing the right thing. See you next time and again THANKS.

Cordially,

Port Chester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I was this past weekend in Great Barrington and made a reservation at this location with great hesitancy. I was highly and pleasantly surprised as to the improvements that this property has achieved in the past three years. The rooms have been totally renovated and a pleasure to stay. Days Inn enjoys a privileged location, only one block away from downtown shops, and restaurants. This motel provides great value to visitors. In general, the maintenance staff does an excellent work of cleaning and keeping facilities in great shape.The desk staff is extremely pleasant and attentive to guests' needs. Keep the good work, continue with planned improvements as well as a motivated staff! AdC, New York

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Flavia,

Thank you for your great comments. I also enjoy the improvements the owners have invested in, it makes our job and your stay so much easier. When every you leave the city and visit Great Barrington I hope you'll stay at the Days Inn Great Barrington. Thanks again for telling everyone about all the hotel upgrades, and how special Great Barrington is.

Thanks Again
Great Barringto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

A nice place to stay for just a couple lot nights...no real amenities to speak of, but clean and updated from a year ago.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

gbdaysinn, General Manager at Days Inn Great Barrington, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear David,

Thank for returning this year while you visited Great Barrington and the Berkshires. Thanks for noticing and giving a great review on our room upgrades. Very soon we will also be adding flat screen TV's so you can watch in HD. It is rewarding to know that guests choose the Days Inn each time they return to Great Barrington Ma. Take care and see you next time.

Cordially,

Brian Console

Been to Days Inn Great Barrington? Share your experiences!