“Restful and Comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lantern House Motel Great Barrington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
You added Lantern House Motel Great Barrington to your Saves list
256 Stockbridge Road, Rt 7, Great Barrington, MA 01230   |
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Restful and Comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After hiking in the mountains, my wife, nephew, and I rested and recovered in clean, comfortable rooms at the classic Lantern House Motel. Here we found quiet economical accommodations with modern comforts in the pricey Berkshires of western Massachusetts and a friendly owner attentive to our needs, especially in locating good local restaurants. If you're coming to the area and don't want to shell out $200-plus to stay in an inn and wish to avoid chain hotels, Lantern House is an excellent lodging choice. One caution: beware that to reduce costs/energy use during the slow offseason, the owner shaves a few services, such as shutting down the ice machine and unplugging room refrigerators.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Large clean room, clean bathroom, good quality sheets (not thin and pilled like in some places) and towels. Rooms have microwave and fridge. Very friendly and helpful owner.

My only recommendation for improvement is the breakfast arrangements. The minimum of motel breakfasts (which incidently is perfectly adequate) is laid out in a small room with one table and 2 chairs, so the obvious thing is to take your breakfast back to your room (which has table and chairs) but there are no trays so you need a couple of journeys (one with coffee in one hand, plus the other hand to open your door, and then another journey, after you've found something to prop your room door open, with your bagel/muffin/cereal and milk/orange juice or maybe a third journey if you want to sample everything). Why not provide trays?

But generally great. I would stay there again and recommend.

Room Tip: Close to the breakfast area so that your trips backwards and forwards are shorter.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bath, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

It was nice to have the owner of the business care about the experience of the guests. Hasu is very polite and concerned that our stay would be pleasant. We appreciated the cleanliness of the room and it's location to center city.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Hewitt, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

My husband and and I were driving through Great Barrington, which is a very cute town, and decided we wanted to stay the night. I was nervous because we had stayed at a different hotel in a different town the night before that was not very clean...the owner of the Lantern House personally showed me our room to reassure me, and I was delighted to see it was spotless. It was obvious he took great pride in the quality of his motel. The carpets were new, the bed was very comfortable, and there was even a jacuzzi tub. It actually may have been the cleanest motel I've been to. I would definitely recommend it, and I'll come back when we're in town next!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Needham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

For nearly a decade my group of five high school friends holds a little reunion in the fall and make a point of staying at this gem in the Berkshires. Every year recently I promise to write a review to thank the proprietor, Hasu, for helping to make the event special. Every year, I forget, but not today. We can always count on Hasu's warm hospitality and efficient management. The LHM is not fancy, but at a very reasonable price, it meets all our needs. Also, every year, some little improvement is evident, and Hasu's justified pride in the quality of the product is evident. He leaves no stone (or bed) unturned. Looking forward to our next year at our home base, the Lantern House in the beautiful Berkshires,

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Peoria, Arizona, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

This is the real thing...you pull right up to your door. And the room is well appointed, comfortable and clean. Hasu, the owner, will probably greet you and he is most willing to provide restaurant recommendations, directions and whatever else you need.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Flushing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

The thermostat for the electric baseboard heating had no face; therefore, it was impossible to select the desired temperature. The TV remote did not change the channels, so I had to stand on a chair to reach the manual controls on the wall mounted set. The volume was too quiet at a #1 and uncomfortably loud at a #2. My husband was unable to access the internet. The deadbolt lock did not work. I have never submitted a negative evaluation, but I feel it is misleading to rate this motel at a 4plus.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!