“Great value at a clean and convenient motel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lantern House Motel Great Barrington

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Great Barrington
Lantern House Motel Great Barrington
You added Lantern House Motel Great Barrington to your Saves list
256 Stockbridge Road, Rt 7, Great Barrington, MA 01230   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Long Island
“Great value at a clean and convenient motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This was our third time staying at the Lantern House Motel and we had another wonderful experience. Butternut Ski Resort is a great family mountain and is located less than five minutes from the motel. I do not think there is a better value for a short family ski vacation in the northeast than the combination of the Lantern House Motel and Ski Butternut. The rooms are very clean and the furnishings modern and comfortable. There is a modest continental breakfast served in the morning but the best doughnut shop in the world, Home Sweet Home, is located right next store. If you want a nice, inexpensive place to stay in Great Barrington I highly recommend the Lantern House Motel. Jeff R

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Having just moved back to the US from Argentina, my husband and I were happy to find that the Lantern House Motel was so well rated by Tripadvisor.
We needed a place to stay for a week or so and this seems to be the perfect spot to stay . Hasu, the owner is charming and helpful , our room ( suite) is clean and comfortable and best of all, quiet. I think we are going to be very happy to have discovered the Lantern House Motel ..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at last minute to take advantage of impending snowfall for an extra day of skiing beginning of March, picked for price and complimentary breakfast, owner friendly, clean and comfortable, no fee refrigerator in room, WiFi, breakfast nothing fancy, just bagels and cereal and beverages, but hit the spot for getting out to the slopes early
close to market, shopping center, and some good restaurants

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wonderful facilities and Helpful staff. Whenever we are in Great Barrington, Lantern House is where we stay. It's location is handy. Stores and restaurants are within walking distance. The staff is exceptional and gladly offer advice regarding local attractions and places to go.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I called Lantern House after seeing it across the street from where I stayed the week before, and was en route to. I had thought the prices were very high 'across the street' and wasn't happy about this repeat stay. We had liked the look of the Lantern House when we spotted it last week, and so I called them from the car taking a shot in the dark. I live locally, but was recently displaced, so living w friends, when my son visits 1-2 x a month as a treat to escape we rent a room to hang out in and catch up. When Hasu asked what I had paid at the other place on the phone I was afraid to say, worried he'd raise his rate, but he said "that's too much! I charge $! And I said I'll be there in 20 min. Hasu is very welcoming, and caring of his establishment, and seeing to the most comfortable stay for his patrons. Upon walking into the room I was so happily surprised. Charming, clean, and what I noticed first was the pleasant smell to the room & bathroom, and the table & chairs in the room. I really loved this spacious, well designed, room. Much thought went into the details. I loved that the cords for lamps were attached along the baseboard with no loose cording to trip on or look unsightly, yet one could unplug them for access to the outlet. The water for shower or bath is HOT, I love that! And the microwave works (which it did not across the street at the new larger hotel - it couldn't pop popcorn) What I am grateful for is the personal touch that Hasu provides. I woke with a crashing headache and as it is the slow time I called to request if I could stay an extra hour which Hasu said would be no problem. It made all the difference to my day! I walked over to the quaint & friendly coffee shop then had an extra hour to drink my coffee and let my head settle down. It was a day changer. I will most definitely be back! His rates make this a place I can go to for a local escape w time to myself. Hasu had told me one of his patrons suggested he could and should raise his rates. Yes he could. But I think although well meaning, to raise them makes him no different than everyone else, and I think it's evident people aren't happy paying what everyone else is offering. Two of his recent patrons are former patrons of everyone else. Greed is everyone's downfall. Hasu is wonderful, his place is wonderful, a gem, a treasure find, in an area of inflated prices. His business will flourish and he will reap the benefits and the customers from those other places inflated prices and inability to provide a personal touch. Thank you Hasu, I will be back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a last min. Ski trip. Just as other reviewers have said, very clean, friendly owner, good value and a pleasant stay. An old fashioned New England "mom and pop" motel. The bathrooms have been updated and the room was spacious and well kept. The complimentary breakfast a nice plus. We would stay here again. Also close to Butternut Skiing and tubing.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sidney, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We returned for the second year to this motel because of a good experience the first year. Again we were pleased by the service, the cleanliness, the very comfy beds, and the friendliness of the owner. And the location is good - not far from the slopes, and right next door to a wonderful donut and breakfast place; and just a short hop to an excellent Mexican restaurant, Xico's. This year I walked across the street to a fine wine-and-cheese health food establishment. In short, another enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lantern House Motel Great Barrington? Share your experiences!