The Lantern House Motel Manager Haus is very hospitable.
The Motel grounds are well kept.
Our room #15 was clean, however this was June and one would think you would have Air Conditioning if needed. I don't believe the owner realizes what can happen to a person if they have respiratory problems or allergies to a dirty Air Conditioner.
The front panel was broke and taped shut, and you could see the dirt and dust in the grids. There was no way we were going to use it. So we had a uncomfortable nights sleep. Come to find out that it was like that last summer.
When we got up the next morning to look at the pool it was Green. I mentioned it to the owner and he went over to the pool right away. A salt pool should not be Green in color. It was not vacuumed either then or later in the day. The life saver disc were hanging on the fence and black ( Mold ? ) in color. It was a disappointment coming back from a day of Kayaking and needless to say, no swimming for us.
This is the beginning of the season the establishment should have Air Conditioners clean and the pool and pool area appealing to the guest. Its not only that rooms need to be clean daily, but your amenities too.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern House Motel Great Barrington Hotel Great Barrington
- Lantern House Motel Great Barrington Hotel
- Lantern Hotel Great Barrington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We're just minutes away from Tanglewood and summer playhouses. There are historical sites, museums, beautiful scenery, and the Berkshires' own special blend of antiques and country shops. If it's the outdoors you like, there is canoeing, biking or hiking trails. The winter season provides you an abundance of cross-country and downhill skiing nearby. ... more less