“Good Variety of Beer, Decent Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since 1995 the Barrington Brewery has been serving our own Barn Brewed Beer and food made from scratch. We were the first brewery on the east coast to install a solar panel system that supplies solar-heated hot water for brewing and restaurant use.
Acme, Pennsylvania
“Good Variety of Beer, Decent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Enjoyed their pale ale on a warm summer evening. Wide-ranging menu of the basics: burgers, salads, assorted sandwiches, etc. Nothing very distinctive, but the four of us each had something different and there were no complaints. Absolutely the biggest chocolate cake I've ever seen (baked with stout, I believe) - the four of us shared a single slice and we weren't left wanting more.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Tasty Food, Not So Friendly Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dinner here on a Friday night with a friend and her daughter. The menu is huge, the prices are somewhat high, the food was good, but not phenomenal. The service was not very friendly and not very efficient. To tell you the truth, our server acted as if we were a bother. No smile, very little interaction, and just not attentive to us. Never stopped by to ask how we were doing and never asked if we wanted more to drink.

I ordered free range chicken, veggies, and sweet potato fries. My entree came with a salad. Bread and butter were also part of the meal. The salad was fresh, the dressing a bit bland...some type of italiam herb vinagrette. The bread and butter looked good, but I didn't taste it. My friend and her daughter ate it up and said it was terrfic. The chicken was well-cooked, the veggies were frozen (booo!), the sweet potato fries were tasty, but I did not eat too many of the because the chicken portion was huge. It came with a cup of gravy to dip the chicken in and that was yummy. I did manage to eat a slice of coconut custard pie and ordered a cup of coffee. The pie was indeed delicious, but the coffee arrived as I was eating the last bite and that was disappointing. This is an okay place to eat, but I could do without the grumpy and slow service.

I might find myself here again for another meal, but I am in no hurray to return or spread the word about it. The experience was rather generic for me. With three entrees, three desserts, three drinks, and one coffee our bill came to about $80. Once we paid the tip we were close to $100 for the three of us...too much perhaps to pay for average food and poor service.

Visited June 2013
Henrietta, New York
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband likes craft beers so this was a 'must stop' place. The first time we just stopped for a drink (beer and wine only served). Then looking for a place to eat we headed back here. He and my mother had the prime rib dinner and I had cod & spinach. He also enjoyed the cheddar and ale soup and the loaf of ale bread they brought to the table was warm and delicious. The people are friendly and it's an interesting place to look around. Enjoy!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dobbs Ferry, New York
“Typical and a little touristy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The brewery was great. Th food was average. The staff was very friendly. It has a nice inside set up for families or adults with kids. Fair pricing but the specials were a good bargain

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carmel, NY
“Good selection of food, average quality, prices and service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had lunch with friends and tried a variety of food. There is an ample menu with something for everyone - typical pub food. Service was okay - nothing special. My taco salad was LOADED with onions, but they could be picked out pretty easily. Others had salads and sandwiches. Everyone liked their meals, but no one raved. I would go back if I was in the area again.

• Visited May 2013