“Blizzard of 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Boxford, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“Blizzard of 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Small area with nice trails, Great for families or those wanting an easy day of skiing. We were in Great Barrington the weekend of the Blizzard of 2013. Great Timing.

Visited February 2013

Milford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
“Packages are the way to go?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As a not so experienced skier , and I don't own skis or boots etc I feel the packages butternut offers are very interesting. I got the 100 bucks ski lesson (1.5h), ski lift pass all mountain, and boots and skis, I included a helmet for 12 dollars as well. Unfortunately I arrived a little too late for the morning lesson which seemingly starts at 10.45 and went to the 2 o clock one.
, with Damian.
In the morning I got into the skis ( first time in two years) and on the bunny slope to get back into it. The queue was long and for a run you complete in 30 sec after three times, I was looking for something more challenging and longer so I went to the cruiser. Green circle, easy and it has some challenging bits but it was longer and I enjoyed it even though I hadn' t had my lesson yet. The sun at that point was still shining and there was a few icky patches. But around lunchtime they started making snow on all the slopes, the class started and what I liked is that you can have different ability do I learnt how to parallel more and gain more confidence. Damian was a great instructor and my only wish at this point is to go back and get a lesson in the morning next time so I can try more of the terrain. I had a brilliant day there and would go back especially after a big snowfall. You get a great view of the valley too!

Visited February 2013
Westchester, NY
5 attraction reviews
“Great snow, reasonable crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived at 8:45 on a cold Saturday morning. Parked very close to the lodge so we were able to hit the slopes quickly. This isn't Vermont or Colorado, but it is a great family ski center less than 2 hours from the NYC area. The snow was tremendous but we had been there after a really long stretch of cold temps and it had snowed an inch or two the night before. I hope the snow is always as good as it was this morning because it was about as good as it gets in the East.

The trails are fairly easy, but this place is hard to beat for a good family mountain. I booked a day in advance so I was able to get an adult lift ticket for $43 which felt like a great deal. We will be back.

New York City, New York
12 attraction reviews
“great ski mountain for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

it 'sa nice place to visit and only 2 and half hours from new york city
but be ware it does not have long runs and most of the runs are green or blue

Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
“Surprisingly good with crowds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'll echo other reviewers: this is a terrific family hill, great as a confidence-booster for kids and adult novices. We were here over MLK weekend, probably one of the busiest times of the year. Though it was clear that much of their snow was manmade, it was amazingly good, nicely groomed, not terribly icy. Yes, things get skied off by the end of the day, but this is true all over New England. You don't ski in New England for the snow. On this busy weekend, the lift lines were daunting, but I was surprised at how quickly they moved. Also It seemed that many of the crowds at the bottom were first-timers who didn't venture far up the hill. Combine this with more room than you would guess to ski, and the crowds thinned a lot up top. We did feel the crowds in the cafeteria. The food service was speedy, but competition for tables was fierce. Others have commented on lifts that stop and start. Yes, this was a problem, but only because so many kids were having loading issues. I can't imagine it would be as much an issue on quieter days. Overall, a friendly, well groomed hill for families. Those who want a challenge should, however, go elsewhere. My husband commented that all the adults on the hill were either beginners or parents.