Check in was pleasant 3 staff members falling all over each other to help. As priority members we usually receive a couple of bottles of water (one for me and one for my wife). Here they give you one (I guess they assume we'll share). The hotel is not clean. The stainless steel on the elevator has smudges all over the wall. A maintenance man joined us on the elevator and was not dressed very well - he should have been provided a uniform or at least a company shirt. The room was not well cared for either and the sheet on one bed was dirty - a stain that probably couldn't come out in washing - but to make the bed with the dirt showing was ridiculous. Throw it away!! The breakfast girl did not clean the tables. She stood by and watched me clean my table with a napkin. As guests left their tables she just sat and watched - did nothing. The OJ was mostly water. I told here it might be running low and she went over, tasted it, rolled her eyes and went back and sat down. Did nothing. On checkout the gal was personable but she looked very unprofessional. Like the maintenance man she needed a uniform or blazer and could have taken time to comb her hair. I'm used to seeing professional people hosting at Holiday Inns - here they are not. For 125.00 a night it should show better. In 2 weeks of travels this was the most expensive and the least value. I would understand if this were a Mom and Pop operation trying to make ends meet. Holiday Inn should be ashamed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Great Barrington is situated in the heart of the beautiful Southern Berkshire Mountains. We are in close proximity to many boutique shops, several ski areas, a host of cultural activities, including Tanglewood, Shakespeare and Company, Barrington Stage Company, and The Berkshire Opera Company to name a few. Every room in the hotel includes a microwave oven and a refrigerator, high speed internet access, iron, ironing board, and coffeemaker. Our King Studio Suites offer the guest a significantly larger room complete with sofa-bed, sitting area, wet bar, and activity table. For a unique experience ask for one of our playful Jacuzzi suites. These red heart-shaped tubs are perfect for a couple looking to get away from it all and relax, or to just soak in after a long hard day of work. The property features an indoor swimming pool, hot tub, fitness room, and meeting room. The business center computer is free to use, with totally free internet access, so you can stay in touch without having to lug your own computer with you. The Express Start breakfast if free to all, and is always a big hit with our many repeat guests. Come on out to The Berkshires and see how the other half lives. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Great Barrington Hotel Great Barrington
- Holiday Inn Great Barrington
- Great Barrington Holiday Inn