“WainRight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wainwright Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Great Barrington
Wainwright Inn
518 South Main Street, Great Barrington, MA 01230   |
New York City, New York
“WainRight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was by far the loveliest stay I've ever had in a Bn'B! The room was beautiful and just what I needed and asked to have. I actually toured the house and took notes on all the rooms for my future stays..-yes, indeed! In fact, I have shared some of my favorite's with friends already.
I want to mention especially how welcome I felt. As a solo traveler, this is a very special thing.
I also need mention that due to a failing GPS system, I got rather turned around on my way there.
This eventually led me to need help finding my way, and Marja went above and beyond the call of duty to help. She was beyond kind and patient!! The place is simply wonderful and the innkeepers great fun and fantastic hosts!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
innkeeper50, Owner at Wainwright Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Cellis,
Thank you so much for your wonderfull review,and so happy you had a great time.
We enjoyed your company also very much and are looking forward meeting you again, can't wait to find out witch room you are going to pick.
In case your GPS strikes out again, no worrys call and we will get you here.
Regards,
Marja

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I loved the say at the Wainwright Inn. Decorated with flair. Fabulous breakfast made with love from the hostess. I did appreciated the tips of directing me to some great restaurants. I'm looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Port Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I recently visited the Berkshires on a quick babymoon. We chose to make reservations at the Wainwright Inn because of the many positive reviews we had read...and I am so glad that we did! Being 34 weeks pregnant, relaxation was my goal for the visit and the Wainwright Inn was a perfect spot to unwind. Marja is a wonderful innkeeper. Very friendly and accommodating. The house has been meticulously restored (originally from 1766) and the rooms are spacious. We stayed in the Federal Room which had a lovely fireplace (it was a bit early in the season for us to use, but I can imagine it would be wonderful in the winter). The bed was comfortable and extra pillows and blankets were available. The bathroom was clean and spacious and everything was in good working condition. We enjoyed breakfast both mornings, which consisted of 3 delicious, creative, and well-balanced plates and Marja checked with us upon arrival if we had any dietary restrictions. On our return home one evening, Robert offered my husband a nightcap and told us about the history of the house. I have not had the opportunity to stay at too many B&Bs, but the Wainwright Inn was everything I feel that a B&B should be. A relaxing, charming, friendly and unique experience. I hope to return again!

Room Tip: Stayed in the Federal Room on 2nd floor. Comfortable bed. Spacious bathroom. Walk-In closet with ext...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sansol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay. The inn is beautiful, uniquely decorated , with a welcoming hostess and beautiful breakfast. The building is a typical old,building, creaking floor boards , wonderful history and full of character. The wifi was really appreciated, as we're the other small touches such as the port/sherry available for guests. The Facilites were immaculate .
I guess the only thing missing for us long distance travellers,was an ironing board and iron ....and tv in our room. Sometimes when you have been travelling for a while, you just want to retire for the night with a little privacy.

Stayed September 2013
innkeeper50, Owner at Wainwright Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words .
We are so sorry that you were not informed about our ironing room on the third floor with a TV in it and our TV room on the second floor.
We hope to see you another time.
Regards,
Marja Tepper
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We love the Wainwright Inn B&B. The inn is beautiful, the innkeepers are delightful, and the rooms are charming. Enjoy a different and delicious breakfast every morning, explore Great Barrington and the Berkshires and return to the Wainwright for tea and sherry in the afternoon.

Post dinner/theatre/Tanglewood retreat to the Wainwright and enjoy a late night port.

The Wainwright is a truly wonderful and warm experience. We are looking forward to our next visit and enjoying another delightful stay.

• Stayed August 2013
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Can't get enough of this inn. We spent a week here last year came back for another week now. I even sent my daughter and her fiance here last summer. Delightful and luxurious rooms in a beautiful cosy, yet spacious, antique house. The wrap around terrace is a nice place to read and chat. The owner Marja is a great innkeeper, very friendly, full of local information and makes wonderfully creative breakfasts. The sherry and port laid out in the livingroom make it a wonderful spot to end the day. Don't miss this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We spent a week in this historic inviting B&B. Marja and Bob were excellent hosts and so knowledgable about the area. Breakfast was always a treat with healthy and homemade specials. Our room was large and well appointed. My husband especially enjoyed his port treat every evening! We hope to come back one day.

Room Tip: oops no pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wainwright Inn? Share your experiences!