I found this place through a whale watching groupon I purchased. The pictures and ads showed a spectacular property, with all the amenities. Nothing could have been further from the truth.
It began with being in the center of what looked like a boatyard. Then we try to check-in to the "penthouse" we reserved for three days--only to find that we have to WALK UP to the fourth floor with our luggage. Oh, and the last flight up is a spiral staircase which must have been all of 2 feet wide.
As the clerk tried to argue that she told me when I made the reservation that it was a walk up, we were already asking for another room. By the way, there is no way she could have told me that and it be acceptable to me as both my friend (partially), and I are disabled.
By this time, we could use a cocktail, having just driven 4 hours from NY. There turned out to be no restaurant on the premises. I was told "there's one across the street". There was a shack across the street, with a liquor store and a "restaurant" that had as many people outside waiting to get in as inside. Inside, the people were dining nearly "cheek-to-cheek". There wasn't even enough parking available. (Oh, I found out the next day the "restaurant" mentioned on line and in the brochures is closed for the year.) Unbelieveable!
I finally asked someone waiting to get in if this was the only game in town or what, and they directed me to the decent dining in the area. It was about 10 min. away. Had we not been so tired, and so looking forward to the whale watching, we would have left that night. To add insult to injury, at about 9:45 that night, at the climax of a program, the TV went out. That was definitely the last straw. First thing in the morning I couldn't get downstairs, pack up the car, and check out fast enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our year-round hotel features on-the-water rooms with balconies overlooking beautiful salt water marshes. Walk from your room through our indoor skywalks to our lobby, Spa, pool, jacuzzi, and function room. Spend time relaxing at our indoor, glass enclosed year-round chlorine-free pool and jacuzzi or catch some rays on the sun deck overlooking the Annisquam River and marina. Enjoy a relaxing treatment from our Spa menu or participate in one of our Wellness Classes including Yoga, and Pilates - be sure to treat yourself, while you are here! Dine and unwind after a day of whale watching, fishing or shopping at our NEW waterside tent bar & cafe (seasonal), Mile Marker One. Enjoy your favorite drink, and watch the boats go by. All located on premise. A great place for couples, families, corporate business travel, reunions, clambakes, weddings, groups and tours, and get togethers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Ann's Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Ann`s Marina Hotel Gloucester
- Cape Ann Marinas Hotel
- Cape Ann Marinas Gloucester
- Cape Ann's Marina Resort Gloucester, MA