Being from Gloucester, I occasionally travel back with my husband. He booked this weekend as a Valentine's Day gift. We had been to the Marina before and enjoyed the pool, hated the lack of parking. But it was decent enough and my husband informed me that they had boasted that the rooms had all been renovated. Parking wasn't an issue as it was off-season so there was no need to fight the recreation boaters for a parking spot. The room looked exactly the same as the first time we went...minus one thing; new linens. Unfortunately, this time we got a room with a sub-standard bathroom. It was clearly in disrepair, the toilet barely flushed, the shower looked (and worked ) like it was from the 60's, the bathroom door didn't close, the main door was a pain to close...and they called this a suite? No mini fridge, no micro, but yes, an ironing board. We dealt with the room since we visit Gloucester for the location. We were woken at five a.m. by very loud shouting that continued for about an hour. Apparently an entire drill team was there for some competition. I called the front desk to complain and was told that the drill team was leaving "for good" in ten minutes. I clarified again and was assured they were leaving the hotel. We head out to the parking lot two hours later and there's their bus. I went to the front desk and asked a different worker if the drill team was leaving...nope. I was told (by a very condescending individual), that they would talk to the drill sargeant. Right, like I was going to trust the front desk again. We checked out and find a wonderful place with a view of Good Harbor Beach, was less money, and was an efficiency unit! Not to mention that everything was in perfect working order and we had a delicious continental breakfast. So really I should thank this dump...I found my new Gloucester go-to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our year-round hotel features on-the-water rooms with balconies overlooking beautiful salt water marshes. Walk from your room through our indoor skywalks to our lobby, Spa, pool, jacuzzi, and function room. Spend time relaxing at our indoor, glass enclosed year-round chlorine-free pool and jacuzzi or catch some rays on the sun deck overlooking the Annisquam River and marina. Enjoy a relaxing treatment from our Spa menu or participate in one of our Wellness Classes including Yoga, and Pilates - be sure to treat yourself, while you are here! Dine and unwind after a day of whale watching, fishing or shopping at our NEW waterside tent bar & cafe (seasonal), Mile Marker One. Enjoy your favorite drink, and watch the boats go by. All located on premise. A great place for couples, families, corporate business travel, reunions, clambakes, weddings, groups and tours, and get togethers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cape Ann's Marina Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cape Ann`s Marina Hotel Gloucester
- Cape Ann Marinas Hotel
- Cape Ann Marinas Gloucester
- Cape Ann's Marina Resort Gloucester, MA