“Gloucester's Fisherman's Memorial” 5 of 5 stars

Dothan, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
“Gloucester's Fisherman's Memorial”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2009

In 2003 my daughter and I were traveling along the eastern sea coast from Savannah, Ga to Portsmouth, NH. The day we visited Gloucester they were having the memorial service at the Fisherman's Mounment and we just happened to be there that day. We were so pleased to be able to just be there. This summer my husband, brother-in-law, sister-in-law and I plan to make the trip again and we would really like to be at the memorial again this year. Can anyone tell me when it is scheduled this year? I really do want my family to be able to attend this moving memorial. A. Currier

binghamton,ny
“Breath taking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

The statute has been made famous by the the movie "The Perfect Storm". It truely is one of a kind. I have been to "the statue" as my family calls it probably 50 times. Each time is as good as the last. Now not only can I look at the statue, but now there is the fishermen's monument around the statue with the names of all the gloucestermen lost at sea. Also just a minutes walk down the road is the fishermens wives monument which is new within the past 3 or 4 years. Overall a nice site to see.