“Scrumptious!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dover, New Hampshire
“Scrumptious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Wow! I've never dined at an inn, but this was an excellent experience. The food was unbelievable, the chef is a genius. The meal was mouth watering. The presentation of the food is a delight to the eye. The service was wonderful. I can't wait to return.

New York City, New York
“All around fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We found this restaurant by accident; just driving around and came upon a beautiful house that luckily for us had a restaurant inside. The food was delicious, the service outstanding and the ambiance unparalleled. Much like our entire experience in Gloucester the staff was wonderful and very attentive to our needs. We neither felt rushed nor abandoned and it seemed as though their only concern was our satisfaction. We will without a doubt return to this restaurant during our next stay in Gloucester.

Lynn, Massachusetts
“Will definitely go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This place was certainly worth the ride up to Gloucester. Very clean, service was top shelf and the food was not only very yummy but the presentation was divine as well! Our table of 5 had the filet, haddock, champagne chicken and pasta primavera. The calamari and salmon apps were outstanding and beautifully presented. The California Pinot Grigio was great! I would recommend the butterscotch brownie sundae- to die for! We are looking forward to going back to the Sea Glass restaurant. We hope Tom is our waiter again, he was very good to us. Overall, the intimate atmosphere and the fireplace made us feel like we were at our friends house for dinner. 5 stars!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“The food was really good! The new chef is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The food at this place is amazing! I had the grilles sea scallops and my date had the fillet! The food was so flavorful and cooked just right! I couldn't stop eating! The new chef is great and the food is to die for! We had the butterscotch brownie sundae for dessert. I must say it was one of the best desserts I have ever eaten in my life! We stopped in on a busy Friday night. The atmosphere is very romantic and comfortable. The service was excellent. Our server Tom made us feel right at home, and was pleasant through-out the whole entire evening. The bartender was really nice too! This was a really enjoyable evening! And I must say for the great experience we had, the restaurant was a good value for the money! This is now fast becoming one of my favorite restaurants in Gloucester! I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Visited April 2013
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Best Restauraunt in Gloucester - Food was Outstanding!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Seaglass Restaurant at the Castle Manor Inn is a wonderul restauraunt! It is one of Gloucester's hidden gems! The food there was amazing! Five star quality at a reasonable price! The dining room is classic and elegant. The whole atmosphere of the place leads to a very enjoyable evening. Perfect if you want to soak in the atmosphere of relaxed living or to impress a date! The food was unbelievably awesome too. One of the best meals I have eaten in a long time. I had the slow roasted Duck Confit with sage brown butter and the White Bean Truffle Ravioli! So flavorful! I have rarely had a meal anywhere else that was this good! The chef got everything right! It was awesome! My date had the Grilled Swordfish special with the beurre blance garlic creme reduction, Italian Farro Rice Pilaf and Rainbow Carrots in a maple balsamic vinaigrette. Again this meal was very delicious and couldn't have been better! The portions were really big too! I couldn't beleive it! I can't say enough about this restaurant! The atmosphere was cozy and quaint. The service was excellent! Our server Tom never missed a beat. He even told us what to see in Gloucester. And the owners of Inn, Laura and Don even came over and talked to us! They are really nice people and gracious hosts! The drinks were awesome too! Again, if you want a great dinning experience, go visit this restaurant! The atmosphere was great! The food was amazing! And the service was wonderful!!! This place can't be beat! It is awesome!!!

• Visited April 2013