“Happy place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Melbourne, Australia
“Happy place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

RIght on the harbour, this venue is well constructed. The woodwork is gorgeous. The picnic tables make for a great community feel. The service is friendly. The snacks are simple, but delish. There are games and tvs in abundance.

But most of all, the beer is a huge win. Every taste of every genre won us over. Well done, Cape Ann Brewers.

Visited September 2012

Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Excellent food, service not so great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice and have had similar experiences both times. We were seated right away and given menus by the hostess which was wonderful. What was not so wonderful is how long we had to wait until the waitress came to our table to put in our drink orders. It took even longer to get our drinks and finally our food. Once the food arrived, it was hot and delicious. I would stick with more of the pub fare, and not be as adventurous as my husband who ordered the gumbo (he said it was watery). If you stick with the basics, you will like your food. The atmosphere is perfect for a pub. We will most likely come back when we return to Gloucester.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We; my husband, daughter, her spouse and I had finished a full morning and early afternoon visiting Hammond Castle, And Bearskin Neck - had already eaten lunch (plus snacks :)) and I suggested going to the brewery for a little beverage tasting "refreshment". The disappointment started when upon entry the Hostesses were "less than" pleasant, and advised us that unless we were ordering food we could not sit at one of the picnic style tables - "and the bar was full, so if you want drinks you HAVE to order food" .... My reaction to that was a "hmpff"' so we - the thirsty, beer wanting crew, said "OK, we will order an appetizer" ... We found a spot in the brewery (un escorted to a table) and after a bit too long of a wait, another slightly less than happy waitress approached us to take our order. My husband ordered a Fisherman's Brew, our daughter in law ordered an iced tea and our daughter and I each ordered a Flight of 6 samples. The drinks came, my flight was splashed all over my husband, our calamari came and well to say we were under enthused is an under statement. The calamari was very greasy ( however in the breweries defense, we were not hungry so I don't think anything would have really tasted good) and the beer was just OK - the big noticeable thing was, it was not COLD!!! It wasn't warm, but it was not a nice cold draft!

Visited June 2013
Bemidji
“Tasty Pints and Yummy Squid!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A really cool brew pub! The service was prompt, friendly, and Jenny knew her beers and menu. Our server led us to a couple of flavorful pints of IPA and a big plate of very tender and delectable calamari! We enjoyed our short stop on their deck under the sun.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Essex, Massachusetts
“Great place to meet friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Whether stopping in for a beer or staying for dinner, a good time is ALWAYS had by all. Servers are all great, very attentive. Did I mention GREAT beer?

Visited May 2013