“Best Italian food on the North Shore!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rowley
“Best Italian food on the North Shore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I first discovered Giuseppe's back when they opened about three years ago. Before then, we ate at Olive Garden for Italian food and thought they were the best. But Giuseppe's is the real deal!! The pizza is unique, unlike any other pizza we've had. The Alfredo dish is THE best ever, and the Arancini is simply incredible! Also, I might add, the atmosphere is family friendly, the owner Joe, performs piano and sings beginning around 8:30pm, and is very entertaining, he knows every song! You always come out of Giuseppe's making a new friend. I highly suggest visiting this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013

Lee-on-the-Solent, United Kingdom
“Great food and entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our meals here, warm, friendly service and wonderful seafood and pasta. We visited on a Saturday evening and really enjoyed the piano bar atmosphere. The owner/pianist was great and his ( soon to be) wife was a charming host and wonderful chef. The atmosphere in the restaurant was very friendly and watching and listening to the local folks as they joined in with the singing was truly great entertainment. A great fun evening was had by all.

• Visited October 2013
Alton, New Hampshire
“Wonderful italian restaurant that's truly gluten free!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Wonderful italian restaurant that's truly gluten free!!! Waitress and chef all know about it -- ordered the Pollo Alfredo pizza with chicken and it was FAB!! Husband ordered the chicken parmesan over GF spaghetti and it was delicious - came with ceasar salad. Everyone very nice and friendly, good service, piano playing was very very nice, usual red checkered table cloths, lots of varied seating and bar seating as well. Good experience, would DEF go back for the pizza!

• Visited September 2013
CT
“order the lobster ravioli!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great meal for a fair price, my husband and I happened upon this place while wondering Gloucester. We ordered the calamari (lightly battered and not overcooked) and salads (nice light dressing), then the shrimp scampi and lobster ravioli for our mains. While my shrimp scampi was quite good with a nice light fresh sauce, my husband's ravioli was amazing. Six huge ravioli filled with lobster and additional lobster claws on top with a vodka sauce for $19. Fantastic value and taste. We'll return if we are back in the area

Visited September 2013
Baldwin Place, New York
“One of the Worst Meals Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Based on the strong reviews, my family and I went to Giuseppe's Ristorante anticipating a great meal.

The waitress was very nice and the salads she brought out were delicious. I ordered the special; Pasta Primavera. When I took my first bite, I wanted to spit the food out. The marinara sauce was burnt, and was so acidic I actually requested packets of sugar to neutralize the acidity. The only vegetables on the overcooked pasta was broccoli. The problem was: the broccoli was literally raw without any other vegetables included. I tried to cut the broccoli but because it was raw and just thrown on and not sautéed it was impossible to cut.

The pasta was overcooked, very soggy, with water on the bottom of the plate. I have never tasted such horrible sauce; burnt or not, if you have trouble with acidic foods, this marinara will burn a hole in the stomach. Or just keep your gastroenterologist on speed dial if you decide to eat here!

I rarely complain about a meal but this was over the top and NOT in a good way. The manager came over and apologized along with the waitress. They took the meal off the bill. They should actually take the meal off the menu! They were very nice about it but we will never step foot in this restaurant again.

I would have shared a photo, but I doubt you would want to see me chug a lugging Pepto!

• Visited August 2013