“Gives you leftover food for days!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Gives you leftover food for days!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Although a bit pricey for a student like me, Giuseppe's does not disappoint. Their portions are HUGE - the lasagna lasted me three more days at home. A very family-friendly restaurant, Giuseppe's has live music some nights with extremely varying quality: sometimes quite impressive and other times embarrassingly bad. But then again, the staff is super friendly and eager to help. For italian dinner with the family, I recommend this place warmly!

Visited December 2012

Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Amazing dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited the restaurant with my girlfriend and we had an amazing dinner. The waitress was very knowledgable about the menu and gave us good suggestions. The restaurant is dimly lit which makes for a perfect romantic dinner. To begin with, they served bread rolls with butter and an olive oil dip flavored with garlic and other herbs, which was delicious. I ordered the lobster ravioli and it was amazing. Six ravioli pieces filled with tender lobster meat in a tomato cream sauce with asparagus. Just out of the world! My girlfriend ordered a pizza with breaded eggplant, pesto etc. I have never eaten a pizza as good as this in a long time! It made our vacation very memorable. They really know what they are doing! We look forward to visiting the restaurant again!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“A FAVORITE IRISH PUB REINVENTED AS AN UPSCALE TRATTORIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

In the deep New England Winter of 2002 I began to make annual trips from Martha's Vineyard to Gloucester for reasons having nothing to do with tourism or fine dining. However, I invariably found myself wanting to sample the local fare. At the head of Main Street in downtown Gloucester stands the historic Blackburn building. In 2003 and later it was home to Blackburn's Pub, a Boston-style Irish pub with a great atmosphere in a beautiful ground floor space. In later years the space went vacant. Today, I am happy to say, it is the home to Giuseppe's, a fine Italian restaurant.

On this particular evening I was in the mood to linger and enjoy my meal while watching both the locals who frequent the restaurant and a Patriots' playoff game (the locals won!). The meal started, as do many, with wonderful Italian rolls and a dipping sauce (which I replaced with butter). I opted for a bottle of Chardonnay and was pleased to find an excellent choice from a vineyard with which I was not familiar. The rolls were followed by a shrimp salad. All I can say is the shrimp were of a size I have only experienced at a wedding reception where the groom had them flown in from the Southeast for the occasion. They were crisp and delicious. That was followed by a House salad. I usually forego the salad,, but decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed as the cranberries gave it a crunch and zest which most salads lack.

For my entree I chose a seafood dish. This is, after all, Gloucester, home of the iconic Gloucester fisherman statue just a stone's throw down the street. My choice for the night was Seafood Fra Diavolo. However, I wanted to pass on the usual "hot and spicy" sauce and go with a more familiar scampi sauce. The waitstaff, and the kitchen, were more than accommodating. When my entree arrived it consisted of a bowl-like plate, encircled in fresh mussels, with sizeable portions of lobster, scallops and shrimp on a bed of linguini cooked to perfection. I had clearly made an excellent choice in a town noted for its nautical fare.

After dinner I chose a shot of Jameson's Irish whiskey and finished the evening off with a Bailey's coffee.

In closing, allow me to say that the menu is varied and includes a full line of pasta dishes, specialty pizzas, and build-it-yourself pizzas. The desserts sounded delectable, but would have broken whatever diet I may have been trying to maintain! Finally, do not be put off by the stately appearance of the building. Inside is a restaurant with warmth and personality where one can find fine dining on a working man's budget on a cold New England Winter's night!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“A Friday Night Regular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Friends and I have been meeting here for pizza and drinks for months. The entertainment, service and atmosphere are great. We HIGHLY recommend the delicious lasagne--and the portion is HUGE, good for at least 3 people.

Visited January 2013
Rockport, Massachusetts
“Homey and friendly ambience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was our second time at Giseppe's. Very friendly staff, warm lighting and great
music both cd and live. This time we just had ceasar salad and pizza. Romaine was crisp
and served on a chilled plate, pizza was very good and we even ate the crust! Drinks are
only o.k., but they have a great selecton of wines by the glass. A great weekend place with
the family or friends.