“Great Restaurant With a Harbor View” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 127 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Great Restaurant With a Harbor View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

My mother was visiting so I took her to the Seaport as she loves fresh haddock and they always have tasty haddock dishes. I got the salmon and it was delicious. You get plenty of food. We actually couldn't finish and took it home. I love watching the ships in the harbor as I eat. Not too busy in the fall. Prices are on par with other seafood restaurants in the city. A great place to bring out of town visitors who want fresh fish.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rockport, Massachusetts
“Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are bed and breakfast owners who have recommended the seaport grill all summer for their lobster fest, a great value, and the best key lime pie ever! We also love their appetizers which are more like small entrees. Our guests would always return raving, especially about the key lime pie. We dined there last Sunday and were so disappointed. The key lime pie was terrible! It was a small square that looked and tasted "old". Please bring back the fresh recipe from the summer, creamy filling,crusty with fresh whipped cream! Please!?

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rigby
“Great stuffed lobster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We had baked stuffed lobster that was wonderful. The food was great and our waitress was wonderful and very helpful with tips for eating lobster. Would definately eat there again.

Visited October 2012
Central, Vermont
“Restaurant week and they didn't have the special they were running...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were in Gloucester during restaurant week, 10/22 to be exact at the Seaport Grille and they offered a twin lobster dinner. It was our 35 wedding anniversary and we decided to have dinner there. When we were sitted the server told us about the specials but no mention of the restaurant week offer. When I asked she said they didn't have any lobsters, they didn't order enough. I can't believe we're in Gloucester, MA and can't have a lobster dinner tonight. Our server (can't remember her name) was really good and it wasn't her fault. Our dinner was okay I started with the Pear salad and it was good and then the Scallop and corn salad which was okay. My husband had the lobster mac n cheese, he thought it was okay but it was a little bit dry. So then we went to the bar and the bartender kept checking her cell phone and had NO interest in waiting on her customers, it was slow and I'm sure she wanted to get out of there. I'm sorry we chose the Seaport Grille tonight, not the place to celebrate our 35th anniversary! They said come back tomorrow and they would have lobsters, no thanks.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Geneva, Switzerland
“disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Rainy summer saturday, the place was packed, but nevertheless that is no excuse for the poor quality. The clams were full of sand, I never experienced that in my entire life. The lobster was ok, but the sides were very plain and greasy; it seems butter and cream are overused to give flavor instead of being more creative. Even the wine was clearly overpriced, worst Zinfandel ever.
The location is great, what a pity!

Visited August 2012