My wife and I just spent the weekend at Blue Shutters -- it was such a positive experience, it's hard to explain. The best I can explain is that it was like being at home with your favorite friends.
Ed and Tony were friendly, informative and made you feel like you were home from the start. Ed greeted us with 'welcome home'.
It is clean and well maintained and the views were incredible.
We'll be back ... more than once .. haven't been so relaxed in years ...
Bob and Cathy
- Also Known As:
- Blue Shutters Beachside Hotel Gloucester
- Blue Shutters Beachside Hotel
- Blue Shutters Beachside Inn Gloucester, MA - Cape Ann
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steps from Good Harbor Beach (#1 Beach in New England 2012). Minutes to downtown Gloucester (America's Oldest Fishing Port) and Rockport. Close to Cape Ann's 20+ restaurants and dozens of shops and galleries, as well as the Rocky Neck Art Colony (America's oldest and continuous operating art colony). Just 55 minutes by car or commuter rail to Boston and less than 2 hours drive from other New England destinations. We're one of the most popular spots on "the island you can drive to" (our section of Gloucester is separated from the Massachusetts mainland by the Annisquam River). ... more less