“Decent food, great bar staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Decent food, great bar staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Come here every time when I am travelling through franklin on business. The bar food is always good, and the service is excellent. The check always seems a bit pricy, but I think that must be down to the beer I consume while watching the sport on there two bar tvs. Never been disappointed yet since I have been there.

Visited October 2013

clinton ct
“Very disappointing, but expensive!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were staying at the Hampton Inn right around the corner and Joe's looked like a nice bar / restaurant so we tried it. The turkey burgers were very average and not very big for $12.00 with fries. The buns were stale. The side of corn on the cob ($3.00) was very small, not very tasty and had a brown rotten spot on it. Very small glass of commercial sugary lemonade, $3.00. Coffee was good ($3.00). My wife had a salad which wasn't too bad. The whole thing was over $40.00 with tip. The waitress was very nice, very friendly. The place was very clean which is important. Maybe we would have liked something else on the menu more, but bar/restaurants usually have good burgers. The bottom line is it was way over priced and corn on the cob at any price shouldn't make it to the table with a rotten spot on it. We won't be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kendra F, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi Albert, I would like to take the time to apologize for your recent visit with us in Franklin. I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with your meal. I would like to invite you back to see us next time you are in the area to give you the great dining experience you deserve. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kendra Forbes
Manager
Montreal, Canada
“good but portions too big = waste”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was good and our server friendly. Like all the typical american restaurants, the portions are too big. We ate half our plate. It's always sad to waste food. We couldn't ask for a doggie bag 'cause the hotel room wasn't equiped with a fridge or microwave.

Visited August 2013
Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Just About Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stopped here with another couple for lunch and it was an ordinary experience at an ordinary chain restaurant. I had a cup of chile followed by a fish sandwich. The chile was just OK and I left half of it when the sandwich arrived. The fish sandwich was large and the fries were overflowing. It was plentiful, but it was more than I wanted. I removed the fish from the bun and ate the fish and half the french fries. The portion size was large but not much difference between Joe's and other similar chains like 99, Chile's, Ruby Tuesday or TGI Friday.
The one complaint and the one difference that I do have was about the service. While the order was taken quickly and the food was delivered without much waiting, that's where the service ended. We were with friends that we hadn't seen in a long time and we were slow in eating because we were talking a lot. As we continued with the lunch, no plates were cleared and no water glasses were refilled. When I stopped eating the fish sandwich the plate wasn't cleared and the chile cup was still on the table. They were still there when we paid the check
We sat and talked for about a half hour after lunch and still nothing was cleared..

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Will definitely be returning...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great meal here after a day of outlet shopping and before a concert with my family. It has an upscale feel to it with a nice affordable menu - something for everybody. The service was friendly and the food was very good. It is an easy stop off the highway and only one exit away from the outlets in Wrentham. We will definitiely be back and be recommending it to friends and family. I like that they have other locations as well - may give me a chance to go more often.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere