“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 140
Transit: Forge Park commuter rail stop is less than a 1/4 mile away.
Uxbridge, Massachusetts
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was made to wait 30 minutes after my reservation time. When you have a reservation for a certain time I almost expect to be seated at that time or within 15 minutes of it… I do understand that “occasionally” they may get backed out but after speaking to friends in the area this seems to be the norm for them, not what I would expect for this type of place.

The couple of times I have eaten there we were given the “open” tables so for me the atmosphere was not that great but I will say that some of the corner/side tables “looked nice” but they seem to be reserved for tables of 4 or more? Not well thought out for those looking for a “romantic night”. The food was good BUT not worth the price in my opinion. As another review said, I can get this same quality at the outback or longhorn…. Not a place I would rush back to…

Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Had a very pleasant experience here. Our waiter, Jason, was great and very personable, it's too bad he's leaving and I wish him luck with wherever he goes. My girlfriend enjoyed the mahi mahi (recommended by Jason) and I had the pepperoni pizza which was delicious. The building looks very nice both inside and out. Will definitely consider eating here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

First the mandatory valet on Friday and Saturday nights is ridiculous, in Franklin, come on! So okay you think that if they are going to present this sort of up scale atmosphere we are going to hold them to high standards. We waited about 30 min, they called us an then our table wasn't ready so we had to wait holding our drinks in the lobby (not normally a big deal but they present themselves as so upscale). No one came over to our table for awhile and when someone did they blamed the fact that no came over because the server in this section went home. I had the steak special and my husband had the pizza. It was good not spectacular though for the prices (we had a gift certificate that we paid $25 for and got $50 so for that price it was worth it) They undercooked my steak and without apology just threw it back on the grill. I might give this one another shot but in my opinion Longhorn or Outback is just as good for steak (minus the nice atmosphere here at Incontro). Overall their appearance is upscale but the service and food do not live up to it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
franklin, massachusetts
“Pricey, but high quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

We went on a Saturday night with a reservation at 6:30 p.m. We got seated right away and the rest of the evening went very smoothly. Food is a bit overpriced, but the sea bass and the salmon were excellent. Started out with the lobster fritters, very good and the tiramisu for dessert, again excellent. Nice atmosphere .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wrentham, MA
“Perfect evening, fabulous meal!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2009

We went to Incontro in Franklin for a romantic post-Valentine's dinner. We had heard about it from a few friends but really didn't have any expectations in particular. We immediately noticed how impressive the space is - the restaurant it housed in a renovated mill and the high ceilings, stone walls and exposed beams make for a lovely interior and very atmospheric place to dine. We had called about a reservation earlier in the evening but were told it wasn't necessary for a weeknight. Indeed, we walked in and were seated immediately in a huge plush booth in the corner. Even though we were only a party of two, they didn't stick us at a small table, but graciously picked a table for us with plenty of space and an excellent view of the dining room. I thought my husband must have slipped someone a twenty! But it was just excellent service. Our waitress was lovely and struck the perfect balance between friendly and extremely informed about the menu. Overall, the atmosphere was casual but elegant and managed to feel luxurious without the stuffy, overly formal service you often find in expensive restaurants outside the city.

I had a grilled tuna steak and my husband had a wood-fired pizza. My tuna was done so perfectly that my husband, not normally a seafood fan, was soon sneaking bites off my plate and is now a swordfish convert. There was a good selection of sides which were all nicely done, seasoned and cooked perfectly. Paired with a good glass of pino grigio and excellent fresh Italian bread, it was a meal I was happy to pay $25.00 for. My husband also reported that his pizza was far above average and if we hadn't been so full from dinner, we would have explored the dessert menu which appeared to include some delicious options!

After dinner we went upstairs to peek at the bar and lounge area. It is spacious and looks like a great adults-only place to hang out with a martini and play a game of pool. Aside from the huge bar and plenty of pool tables, we were particularly tempted by the rows of leather sofas and cozy fireplaces. Overall, it was a perfect evening, a great place for a special night out if you don't want to make the drive to Boston or Providence. We are already looking forward to our next trip back and will be recommending Incontro to everyone we know.