“This place used to be awesome” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milford, Massachusetts
“This place used to be awesome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The food, while in years past, has been awesome, is now pretty average, or in some cases disappointing. At times within the last few years, I've been served left overs, and it was absolutely bland. It's obvious that after the original owner died, that his sons changed the recipe (if it's not out of a can) for the marinara sauce for the side of pasta that comes with most meals. It's bland. I gave it three stars because the last time I ate there, the food was good. I hope the new owners are listening because several people I know say the same thing. It just is not the same...and they go up in price just about every few months. Not like it used to be. Disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brooksville, FL
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

An old, established Italian restaurant that has been there forever. Having left Massachusetts 20 years ago, I was pleased to see the place was still there. The place has Been updated and well maintained. And, the food is still as wonderful as it was years ago.

I had the veal and eggplant parmesan which was outstanding. Both my wife and son had terrific dishes as well.

Would highly recommend

Visited June 2014
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“If you like Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Rome is in downtown Franklin near the train crossing. The atmosphere is unmistakably right out of central Italy. The food leaves nothing to be desired. If, like me, you are from Italian heritage, you will appreciate the aroma, the service and most of all, the food. Abundanza!

Visited March 2014
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Best Italian Restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Have been going to this restaurant for many years and love it every time, gluten free pasta and pizza!!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Foxboro, Massachusetts, Usa
“Dinner on New Years Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We had stopped at a few chain restaurants but they were so crowded before we came here and was surprised it was not packed. It was around 7:30pm and we walked right in. Our waitress,Donna, was very pleasant and made a few suggestions before I settled on the special that night, haddock stuffed with scollops and lobster. It was excellent and it came with a side of pasta and my husband had the chicken parm and we both came home with a doggie bag. We had coffee and a dessert, which we shared, the red velvet cheese cake,which was not very good, but the coffe was. The price was very resonable too.

• Visited December 2013