“Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Franklin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Very friendly service, and comfortable. 1 bedroom suite is very affordable, and clean. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. We do pride ourselves on providing the best service possible. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Plainfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a classic chain hotel so although we didn't expect much, we were very dissapointed with the staff. By far the most unprofessional people we have run into in our travels. We checked in on New Years Eve and took second place to the departing employee and her boyfriend who kept the attention of the clerk that was suppose to be checking us in. The two employees and the boyfriend kept their conversation going about what they were going to drink that night and never paid much attention to their GUESTS. There was no, "welcome to the Hawthorn Suites" or "thank you for choosing our hotel" and they were just very rude and discourtious. The most uncomfortable check-in process we have ever endured.

Besides the horrible service the hotel was simply average. It was worth the convienince of not driving an hour home after celebrating the New Year.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Customer service is very important to our hotel and I'm very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Your Review was brought to the attention of our staff and has been used in training. The service you received is not acceptable at our hotel. I do apologize for this and hope that you would give us another chance the next time you are in the Frankling area.
New Haven, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed for the New Year's weekend to go to the Patriots game. This is a great location to drive to the game - right onto the highway, go two exits and the exit is the stadium street. The room was clean. Had a DVD player (Redbox was 2 exits away).

The kitchen was fully stocked with pots, pans, etc. The fridge was a decent size and held all the food I purchased for the 2 night stay (had a lot of microwave foods and two 2-liter bottles of juice). The shower pressure wasn’t great but it was doable. The windows in the hotel room opened. That may seem like a moot point but it’s been years since I’ve seen windows that weren’t sealed shut in a hotel room. The cleaning staff was very friendly and accommodating when you asked for something.

The breakfast was expanded (more than just bagels & muffins). We had sausage, eggs, etc and it wasn't nasty. Didn't get to try the pool or Jacuzzi but I took a look. Nothing huge but it's a decent size pool to get wet in. Goes 3 - 5ft deep.

There is only one elevator in the place and it was REALLY far from our room. However, the hotel only has 3 floors and there are stairwells all over the place so we found it easier just to use the stairs. As long as you have a room key you can get in and out via the stairs very easy. Our room was right next to a stairwell so we parked our car there for easy access.

Overall, a nice hotel for a good price. I went directly to their website and they had a special at the time that was cheaper than my AAA discount!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Kingston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We spent two nights, three days at the Hawthorn over New Years weekend and were we ever surprised! It was better than we ever expected. The hotel is very clean, offered a delicious breakfast with some hot items (not just danish and coffee). Our suite was spacious, up to date, real comfortable bed, very clean and had a fully equipped kitchen. Four of us took over the TV in the hotel lounge to watch the Patriot's game on Sunday afternoon (no other guests were around) and the staff was so supportive and accomodating. Boy did we feel comfortable there. We never expected such a nice place for the reasonable price we paid. It may have been just this weekend, but the pool was a bit cloudy. Regardless, I'd say you won't find a better hotel in the area. Oh...and they give out warm chocolate chip cookies! I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Washingtonville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed here many times while I visit family. The rooms are always clean, the staff is courteous and the breakfast is better than most other hotels. The beds are amazing, alway a good night sleep. When I have needed anything, from a bandaid to directions, they couldn't be more accomodating. Will continue to stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hote and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Wilmot, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

It's a good rate for a decent sized room that is clean. The breakfast has a lot of choices, though every time we've stayed here the eggs come fresh from the kitchen already overcooked before they even hit the steam table. During this visit the pool was initially unavailable, then available for swimming but unheated. There have been problems with the pool during past visits as well.

On our first morning there the kids and I were headed to breakfast when we ran into housekeeping in the hallway. She asked us which room we had come from. I told her and also told her my husband was still sleeping so the room was not ready to be made up. We didn't have a do not disturb sign, so she gave us one. She asked if we were going to need service that day. I told her the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes and the trash needed emptying. So she handed me a packet of dishwasher detergent and told me we should just put the trash cans out in the hall and someone would empty them! She never came by to make up the beds and I was a little put off with just being handed some dish detergent when I was on my way to breakfast.

The dishwasher was never emptied for our entire stay. If we left dirty dishes in the sink, they just put them in with the clean dishes and rewashed the whole batch. Over and over again. Soap and shampoo were not replaced in the bathroom all week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. I was disappointed to read about your housekeeping issues. This is not our standard and not the way your room should have been serviced. We did review our records and used this incident as refresh training with all of our housekeepers. They definitely should have cleaned, put the dishes away and replenished your bathroom supplies. I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Franklin area.
Johnston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel as part of a large block of rooms reserved by his parens for his sister's wedding. We had nothing but trouble from the staff at this hotel. The bride brought several gift bags to the hotel early the day of the wedding and could not get any staff to help her carry the heavy bags in. Even though we identified who we were, we were not offered one of these bags and had to go back down and request one. They refused us twice for an early checkin; yet, another wedding guest was given early checkin minutes after our last request. Although the bride's parents reserved the room and was paying for them we were made to use our own credit card to check in or we would have had to sit in the lobby and wait for his parents to arrive. Then the worst thing of all was the MOLD in the shower. Disgusting!!! Especially as I am highly allergic to mold. I went home the next day with a severe headache. I was highly disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. I do apologize for the issues that arose during your check in. Unfortunately with some groups if the specfic room or room type is not available it does make it harder to provide an early check in. We would never deny an early check in if the room is available. We did also review the incident in your room with the mold and have fixed it. This was a very isolated incident and should not have ever been left like that for a guest to see. We take great pride in our hotel and our service and I apologize again for not meeting those expectations.

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin? Share your experiences!