“Great value, great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Franklin
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Great value, great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We spent two nights, three days at the Hawthorn over New Years weekend and were we ever surprised! It was better than we ever expected. The hotel is very clean, offered a delicious breakfast with some hot items (not just danish and coffee). Our suite was spacious, up to date, real comfortable bed, very clean and had a fully equipped kitchen. Four of us took over the TV in the hotel lounge to watch the Patriot's game on Sunday afternoon (no other guests were around) and the staff was so supportive and accomodating. Boy did we feel comfortable there. We never expected such a nice place for the reasonable price we paid. It may have been just this weekend, but the pool was a bit cloudy. Regardless, I'd say you won't find a better hotel in the area. Oh...and they give out warm chocolate chip cookies! I'll be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HawthFrankGM, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washingtonville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I have stayed here many times while I visit family. The rooms are always clean, the staff is courteous and the breakfast is better than most other hotels. The beds are amazing, alway a good night sleep. When I have needed anything, from a bandaid to directions, they couldn't be more accomodating. Will continue to stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hote and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Wilmot, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

It's a good rate for a decent sized room that is clean. The breakfast has a lot of choices, though every time we've stayed here the eggs come fresh from the kitchen already overcooked before they even hit the steam table. During this visit the pool was initially unavailable, then available for swimming but unheated. There have been problems with the pool during past visits as well.

On our first morning there the kids and I were headed to breakfast when we ran into housekeeping in the hallway. She asked us which room we had come from. I told her and also told her my husband was still sleeping so the room was not ready to be made up. We didn't have a do not disturb sign, so she gave us one. She asked if we were going to need service that day. I told her the dishwasher was full of dirty dishes and the trash needed emptying. So she handed me a packet of dishwasher detergent and told me we should just put the trash cans out in the hall and someone would empty them! She never came by to make up the beds and I was a little put off with just being handed some dish detergent when I was on my way to breakfast.

The dishwasher was never emptied for our entire stay. If we left dirty dishes in the sink, they just put them in with the clean dishes and rewashed the whole batch. Over and over again. Soap and shampoo were not replaced in the bathroom all week.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. I was disappointed to read about your housekeeping issues. This is not our standard and not the way your room should have been serviced. We did review our records and used this incident as refresh training with all of our housekeepers. They definitely should have cleaned, put the dishes away and replenished your bathroom supplies. I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the Franklin area.
Johnston, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel as part of a large block of rooms reserved by his parens for his sister's wedding. We had nothing but trouble from the staff at this hotel. The bride brought several gift bags to the hotel early the day of the wedding and could not get any staff to help her carry the heavy bags in. Even though we identified who we were, we were not offered one of these bags and had to go back down and request one. They refused us twice for an early checkin; yet, another wedding guest was given early checkin minutes after our last request. Although the bride's parents reserved the room and was paying for them we were made to use our own credit card to check in or we would have had to sit in the lobby and wait for his parents to arrive. Then the worst thing of all was the MOLD in the shower. Disgusting!!! Especially as I am highly allergic to mold. I went home the next day with a severe headache. I was highly disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. I do apologize for the issues that arose during your check in. Unfortunately with some groups if the specfic room or room type is not available it does make it harder to provide an early check in. We would never deny an early check in if the room is available. We did also review the incident in your room with the mold and have fixed it. This was a very isolated incident and should not have ever been left like that for a guest to see. We take great pride in our hotel and our service and I apologize again for not meeting those expectations.
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

I loved how clean the Hotel was. The cleaning service was amazing, Kala did an awsome job in the fitness room making sure I was happy with the accomedations. I will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham and for taking the time to do a review here on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to our hotel and staff and allows us to know what we are doing well as well as make adjustments if any issues arise during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff. Were are pleased that everything went well with your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Great location. Close to interstate,shopping and food. Also Gillette Stadium.

Room Tip: Room was very clean. Had double beds that slept wonderful. Room also had refgerator, microwave and c...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My wife and I needed to spend about 5 days in Massachusetts for a wedding. She found this location and we absolutely loved the size of the room and the fact that it included a full size fridge, dining room table, comfortable seating, and more. It was a whole lot nicer than just staying at a typical hotel.

It was also nice to meet my housekeeper, Sandy Adams, who did a great job and was helpful. If there was anything I'd like to see them improve is the wireless Internet. My access was a bit spotty on the third floor. Not sure why.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Franklin? Share your experiences!