“Enjoyable Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Coconut Creek
“Enjoyable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton in November during our honeymoon, and after I booked the room, I started reading reviews and I got nervous that it was not going to be a pleasant experience. I used to stay at this hotel when I had soccer tournaments as a young girl and I remembered the Sheraton being a fun place to stay,but according to reviews, it has gone downhill overtime. We pulled up and it looked the same so I was hopeful. When we walked in, I was surprised at how modern the lobby was, and how friendly the staff was. We checked in and were making small talk with the manager and explained we were on our honeymoon and planning to drive into Boston everyday for some sightseeing. We went to our room and an hour later, the manager sent up a tray of goodies with a hand written note imploring us to come to him if we needed anything to make our stay better. That was such a nice gesture in itself! Our room was very clean and big and and every staff member was so friendly and helpful. It seemed as though all the staff members knew we were on our honeymoon and gave us advice on what to see in Boston and every time we came back for the night, they asked what we did and saw. the bartenders are delightful and the food from the restaurant was surprisingly delicious.
It is true that there is no breakfast in the morning, but that didn't bother us because we went across the street to Dunkin Donuts and then ate in Boston. It's also true that you have to pay for an internet connection, but we enjoyed not having to check emails and be completely controlled by technology.
One piece of advice though- Route 9 is a traffic nightmare at all times, and as every good New Englander should know- always take the Mass Pike!
We loved staying here and we loved the staff, it was a great option for us!

Room Tip: Corner rooms (by the stairwells) are huge!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff members and the great service that was provided. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our large clean hotel rooms and delicious food from the restaurant. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We decided to stay at this hotel over a weekend as a break from helping my mother with clearing out some storage units. We needed R&R and thought this hotel would be perfect. While we got the R&R we found the hotel and room quirky at best.

First off it appears they have removed the castle-like features from within the hotel. Now you get a standard Sheraton hallway and rooms with no character. Our biggest complaint though is the room function.

We were "upgraded" to a larger room that was bigger but not any better furnished. The 32" TV was a good 16 feet away from the bed so it was difficult to watch at best. The wifi kept going out and the room decor was austere at best. While there was a thermostat on the wall it didn't seem to control the climate control unit which had controls on it as well. The one window was small enough that not much light was let in during the day.

Our R&R weekend was had but it could have been so much better! The Hampton Inn Greensboro (also reviewed) was much nice and cost less. Sheraton is supposed to be a better quality than HI but this hotel missed that mark.

I'm rating this poor because I'm comparing it to my general experience with hotels. The rooms need updating by someone that knows how to create a home-like atmosphere. I think it's possible this Sheraton is resting on its previously earned laurels rather than trying to impress today's clientele.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We look forward to your return with us in the future

Travelers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is large hotel is adequate - rooms are large and OK, but overall the hotel is clearly dated. Although the lobby has been recently updated, once you get outside that initial view (either up the rooms or over to the conference center), the carpet is older and looks a little more worn and dirty. The carpet in the room is OK and appears to have been recently updated, but it really is just basic. One suggestion is getting two beds is actually a great use of the larger room space. Even if traveling alone, you will probably be better off having the two Queen beds. The breakfast is good, but also very basic with a few options on the very small buffet, including an omelet station. The wait staff at breakfast were helpful and really went out of their way to make the small breakfast a good experience. Also, although the Internet is not free (and costs roughly $10/day for up to three devices as of this writing) , it is pretty reliable and fast. I wouldn't say the same for other hotels that do have free Internet options.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our helpful wait staff. We look forward to your return with us in the future.
Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've driven by this hotel many, many times and actually attended a conference there. But never stayed overnight until last month. My husband was doing business at the Comic Con convention.

Hotel room was very pleasant - good sized and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. They helped me to locate the nearest Brueggers Bagel shop (great directions!).

The only negative I have to report is that the parking could be better for large conventions. I did find a spot both of the times I moved my car but I had to drive quite a bit to find one.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff members and the great service that was provided. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our clean and pleasant hotel rooms. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.
Upper Nyack, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been driving on the Mass Pike for years and I have always wondered who designed a Tudor-esque hotel and why. Don't let the outside fool you.

From the moment I walked in late on a Sunday evening, tired after a long day on the road, and was greeted by Rachel and Lauren, two of the nicest people I have ever had check me into a hotel, I was impressed. The interior decor is standard, but very nice, and the lobby was tastefully decorated for the holiday season.

Honestly, I would expect this sort of comfort and decor at any Sheraton, but the stay was as nice as it was because of Rachel and Lauren and the way they presented the hotel when I was checking in. They should be commended by their supervisor for presenting such a competent and friendly "front desk" upon my arrival. They really made a difference.

As for amenities, the workout room is expansive and well equipped. The pool is large and staffed by a life guard. My guest room was spacious and well appointed. My only "ding" would be the Club Room, which had a rather meager and not terribly tasty breakfast on offer including tasteless oatmeal and some sort of eggs, with no other options other than dried cereal and candied fruit and nuts.

Take lessons from the Sheraton Commander in Cambridge and stock some fresh fruit, simple breakfast snacks and nutrition bars. Or the aLoft in Lexington and have small one-serving containers of various oatmeal flavors. Then it would be great and a fitting refuge for regular travelers.

I will definitely stay here again when I am next in town on business, but I will bring my own breakfast!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We appreciate your positive comments in regards to our front desk team. We will be sure to recognize each of them for their efforts. We also appreciate your observations in regards of our hotel rooms, pool and fitness area as well as out hotel lobby. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to us next year.
Kearneysville, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

For an older hotel, the Sheraton Framingham is really OK. The staff was genuinely nice and went out of their way to insure my stay was more than satisfactory.

Tip: If you are traveling with a large heavy suitcase, you may want to request a room on an upper floor and use the elevator. The rooms at the back on the first floor require using a short flight of stairs or a handicapped passenger "lift". I found these to be inconvenient given the fact I was traveling with a large heavy suitcase.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff members and the great service that was provided. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.
Tolland, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great location! Very nice rooms. Staff was outstanding. Dinner in the restaurant was nice and they had Monday night football on. Beds were super comfortable. The roomservice breakfast was wonderful. Hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed December 2014
Thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center. We appreciate your acknowledgment of our staff members and the great service that was provided. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our comfortable beds and our wonderful room service breakfast. We also appreciate your positive comments regarding our hotel rooms and our hotel restaurant. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Been to Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!