“Great bed, lousy food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
South Portland, Maine
“Great bed, lousy food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is an old property that has been updated nicely. The rooms are clean and well appointed, and our king bed was very comfortable.
But the food and service was not so great...we ate lunch at the bar on 10/25/14. Despite being the only patrons there, the bartender seemed inconvenienced by our presence. She was not friendly or warm Our meals took over 30 minutes to arrive ( we could see the kitchen and it wasn't busy), and the food quality was poor.
That said, the front desk staff was very courteous and professional. We would definitely stay here again, but would dine elsewhere.
One other note - access to the hotel from the Mass Pike onto Route 9 is confusing, and you need to pay close attention or you'll miss the turn.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you so much for your nice review of the Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center. We are thrilled to see you acknowledge the hotel rooms and comfortable beds. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our front desk staff as being courteous and professional. We look forward to your return with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Room are OK notting gifferent then motel six down the st. That charge 59.99 $ a night restaurant are bellows average its wandys style food but over price by 200 % .........very nastey staff at the restaurant too..........

Sandwiches are pretty maid they just heat them there ........the hotel have no shop to buy any thing u need or ran out of like ciggratte. You have to walk 1 mile.....I can go on and on
But frankly my friend this is no more then 2 stars hotel ....
Motel six down the street offer u the same for much much less....

• Stayed October 2014
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

i've stayed at this hotel several times over the past couple of years as my company hdqtrs is nearby. As such, we get a phenomenal rate so i cannot comment on value for money with the exception of the parking fees that were instituted around the beginning of 2014. they're really outrageous and I say that as someone that gets to expense them. you can park yourself but you'll be quite far away from the door and if it's winter and it's icy (the parking lot is on a decline), that might not be the best idea.

Now, I love SPG and i try to stay in a participating hotel whenever I can. that said - i'm done with this hotel and it frustrates me to no end because i WANT to stay here! they have a bar, which not all hotels in the area have, and the beds are quite comfortable. i will also say that the staff have tried really hard when I've been there. Last time there was a problem with my room (someone had smoked in it) and they moved me and gave me all sorts of cookies which was very sweet. The issue is not with the staff.

Here's my beef: this hotel is a magnet for LARGE tour groups. As such your ability to navigate the hotel and in particular the ELEVATORS, is completely constrained and you will be left waiting. Now, they tell you every time "there are more elevators in the back of the hotel" but i've yet to go looking for them.How about you replace the two up front with something that goes faster than my ability to climb stairs with two bags? Furthermore, after having arrived from a 6 hour intercontinental flight - I don't want to go find your spare elevators. i want to be able to get to my room quickly and efficiently without the slowest elevator this side of 1982 stopping at each of the ~6 floors.

I want so badly to stay at this hotel but every time I do i vow never again! I officially cede it to the tour groups.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your positive comments regarding our guest rooms and our hotel staff. We look forward to your return with us in the future.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It took me 5 mins to drop off to sleep with the pillows on my bed. Very restful and quiet nights sleep. Lounge is very small for the number of rooms there. We had 15 people that wanted to have a few beers and dinner and had to go else where for a big enough spot for us to all to kick back and relax.

Staff was some of the best I have ever been exposed to. Very helpful and ready for anything I needed. I could not ask for more from them.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our hotel staff members and the great service that was provided. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel beds. We look forward to your return with us in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

There is nothing grossly wrong with the hotel but there are no compelling reasons to stay here except for the location.

in room lighting is awful (especially for in-bed reading), elevator service is strained during peak periods, rooms facing the main road are noisy, wi-fi speeds vary, ATT cell service did not work in Hotel (network failure)

However, the health club/gym is very good -

Room Tip: Choose room facing back -no view but no noise either
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Brian S, General Manager at Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our health club and gym. We look forward to your return with us in the future.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I will start by saying I planned and attended a large conference at this location, which brought hotel guests and attendees from as far as Australia for an event that spanned across four days. From start to finish, the hotel staff were excellent in all my dealings. I, as well as my group, were extremely fond of the following particularly: Antonio in Sales, Danielle and Missy in Conference Services, Kacee and Ashley in Banquets and Events Office and their entire staff of attentive banquet servers. Rachel and Martin at the front desk were quick, attentive, and professional during a situation that started out horrible.

Asi mentioned, my group took over an entire wing of three ballrooms, and two smaller rooms for a four day conference. The space is elegant and equipped with all one would need. It is beautiful enough for a wedding, as well as business meetings, me events. We required audio visual equipment which their in house audio visual contractor handled. The prices were quite steep, and as such I'd recommend including audio visual packages into your event contract.
The food service available for meetings was vast in variety as seen in the menu. My group was never disappointed with the options available for the buffets offered.

The hotel offers incredible facilities. Near the lobby there is a business center area that promotes sharing/talking with others all while allowing up to six guests to use provided computers and printers at no charge. The hotel's gym is equivalent in quality and variety towpath our find at a gym offering membership. There are more than six treadmills, stationary bicycles, and ellipticals each. Free weights, kettle bells, weight machines, and two pools (indoor and outdoors) with lifeguards are available. The unisex sauna is quite large! I was pretty impressed.

Starbucks coffee is offered in the room and at all eateries on site.
Having access to the Club Lounge affords one free hot breakfast options for several hours every morning. In addition, pastries, yogurts, and a variety of fresh fruits are available during the breakfast hours. There is a great coffee machine that offers at least six different drinks as well. While no food is available during the lunch hours there are appetizers served in the early evening. The evening appetizer reception also has bite size desserts. I highly recommend the tiramisu!

The guests rooms have all undergone renovations or as one staff member mentioned "re-freshening". It is truly a re-freshening as in the carpet was changed, the linens were updated, the walls were painted, and the art work was chnaged. I should also mention all rooms have large flat screen, modern televisions.
I stayed in a double suite as well as a king size suite. If your expectation in booking a suite is large ample space I'd recommend the double suite over the king. The double suites also come with more seating than the king suites. I checked into three different rooms during my first night as a result of a mishap. I did find the lighting, or lack thereof, a concern during my stay. This could easily be remedied by providing more lamps in the room, or better locating the lamps to distribute the available lighting more evenly.

All in all, I would definitely recommend a stay at the Framingham, Sheraton for both business and leisure needs.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. I welcome all feedback as it helps me improve the experience for the future. I appreciate your positive comments in regards to the sales, conference services, catering and banquet team staff as well as the front desk team. I will be sure to recognize each of them for their efforts. I also appreciate your observations in regards of the health club, the Club Lounge and our hotel rooms. I appreciate your business and look forward to your return to us very soon.
Laprairie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hello, My first language isn't English so I will go straight to the point. When my daughter asked me if I was satisfied with my experience; I responded good overall quality for the price. It's rare that I take time to write a review but I just want to highlight that it was not clear why some recent review on the web reported the room needed some updating while when I called the Hotel they mentioned their room were 100% renovated or refreshed. Maybe I was just lucky but the room was fine and clean, bed comfortable but the bathroom a little small. They should have thought it would be preferable if the bathroom's door open in the corridor instead of on your knees... Unfortunately, as there is no ventilator in the bathroom, that may cause moisture before time and undesirable smelling. I recommend they try to fix it to kept the room condition. I was at the level 6th (club) and really enjoyed all the attention they provided us. The absence of fridge in the room is mitigates by a guessroom we have access which provided free coffee (very good) and drinks all day + continental breakfast and a appetizers at 5:00. Thank you we had a pleasant stay! Natalie and Martin with kids

Room Tip: While the highway is at proximity, I was not annoyed by the noise but I was in the middle of the Hot...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback about your most recent stay. We welcome all feedback as it helps us improve the experience for the future. We also appreciate your acknowledgment of our club lounge staff and the great service that was provided. Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel rooms being nice and clean and the beds being comfortable. We are glad that the hotel meets your travel needs and cannot wait to welcome you back.

Been to Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!