“Jekyll and Hyde” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Phila Area
“Jekyll and Hyde”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is sort of the tale of 2 hotel, so make sure you read the whole review!
I had a one night stay booked here while traveling on business. As soon as I pulled up, I could see that this was a very dated hotel. It looks like one of the 50s-60s era Howard Johnson's with the separate office with a triangle shaped room. Next to this was a newer (not new) building, 4 stories or so.

I was given a room in the older section of the hotel (old building) and it was pretty bad. Dark hallways, dirty carpet, and a musty smokey smell that just seemed to perpetuate the building. After about an hour, it really started to bother me and I went to the front desk and asked about the smoke smell. I was concerned that I was in a smoking room. The person at the front desk said they are all non smoking, but people sometimes smoke on balcony not realizing the smell gets in the room. Regardless, they offered to move me to a room in the new building.

What a difference. The room in the new building was what you typically expect these days for a modern hotel room. Nothing fancy, but clean, modern spacious and no funky smell. That move saved the trip.

Since they moved me, I have to say the service was good.They were friendly and accommodating. They also offer free internet. I had issues getting a good bandwidth. I called the help number and they were able to correct the issue right away. That was better than expected support!

Price was reasonable. I didn't stay for breakfast, so I can't comment on that. The location is ok. it is on a somewhat busy road, but close to several dining options, etc.

If you choose to stay here, do not stay in the older building. I believe they all have 3 digit room numbers and the new building has 4 digit room numbers...so you can tell.

Room Tip: do not stay in the older building. I believe they all have 3 digit room numbers and the new building...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The good, the gentleman at the check in desk was very nice. That's about where it ends. The hotel is tired, really dated and dreary. Ancient room, toilet barely functioned. The breakfast was absolutely terrible. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Syracuse, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

All staff we encountered were very welcoming, professional and helpful. The room was pleasant and comparable to others in this price range. The price was very reasonable for the greater Boston area and convenient to the Mass Pike.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Beverly Shores, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

The room was surprisingly nice once you got past the dated building and dark hallways. The staff at check in were very nice and we only used the room for sleeping as we were attending my son's wedding. We did have the breakfast on one morning and skipped the second morning as we were having brunch with my son and his new bride. Breakfast was good with a good and varied selection of fruit, cereal and hot eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy. While hard to spot, there were even breakfast sandwiches that you could nuke in the microwave. Overall it was a pleasant stay with no large drawbacks. The British Beer Company is on the premises, but we did not go there as we went to another one in Franklin where we met our kids prior to the wedding. We like the British Beer Company restaurants.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor of the high rise building. We can't speak to any others.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I I was here for only 2 Nights and the Staff make you feel at home-There is a Irish Pub, with great Food next door...I would stay here....The location was near my business appointment.I was also near the Logan Express so easy to get back and forth from the airport...overall a great place to stay...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Older hotel, needs some updating. Rooms were clean and big, but had a smell almost like carpet cleaner that you shake on carpet and then vacuum. Smell dissipated with air on in room. Dark corridors and stuffy. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety and staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ewa Beach, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The section we stayed in was old, dirty, no elevator and in bad need of a renovation. Holes in the walls. Carpet not clean, dust everywhere. Worn out almost transparent sheets. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Framingham? Share your experiences!