“Great omelettes and home fries” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Framingham
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Television, Waitstaff
Description: We got to work winning the hearts & appetites of the Metro West community. We are proud of our little Diner & we all love wearing our PJ's & serving you with a smile, but most importantly, we love our customers. Thank you all for your support & enjoyment of our Mom & Pop diner. We love watching your kids grow up as well as our own.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great omelettes and home fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The food at J&M is great - I always get an omelette with home fries and am never disappointed. Others I go with usually get eggs benedict. Unfortunately, because this place is so small and always crowded, they will not do them made to order (one family member prefers the yolks not too runny).

The service really depends on who you get. The kids (this is family-owned) are great. They kept us updated while we were waiting for a table. The owner, on the other hand, is not great. When someone in my party asked if they could get the eggs not runny, she asked if we had ever been there in a tone that suggested we had not and were asking for something really special. Another person in my party asked if they could have fruit/tomato/vegetables instead of home fries and again the answer was just unpleasant - he could add tomato to the eggs benedict, but the potato IS the vegetable. I understand you are a small restaurant (only 1 egg poacher), but customers are going to ask these kinds of questions and the tone of voice in the answers was very off-putting.

I will likely go back because I really like breakfast places such as this and what I order never had any issues, but diners should be warned never to ask for anything special.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good Food, funny staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Not sure I'm into the teens wearing boxer shorts as they serve us, but the food is great, and the staff is friendly. Just remember, they don't have AC, so I wouldn't go on a hot day!

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Towny Place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I really don't know if residents just put up with this place cause they don't know any better, or with there only being a small handfull of breakfast diners in the area this is the best they can do.

I have dined here, twice, both times I have received horrible service, one instance, I sat down with my daughter at a dirty table, which I didn't mind, and did not complain about at all, I knew it would get cleaned up before we ordered, its a busy place! What bothered me is that a girl came over, cleared it, and said, very bluntly *You need to get up and move now, I can't clean this table without spraying you with this stuff* That remark caused everyone in this establishment to stop and look at us, Im a grown woman, and i was embarrassed, and I dont easily offend. If you going to to talk down to people like this, maybe working in a restaurant is not for you.

I was again dragged there by an elder family member, they ordered oatmeal, the waitress asked, do you want honey, do you want raisins, and this and that, my family member said yes, the bill for the oatmeal was ten bucks, thats ludicrous. Bringing the bill to management didn't help his cause, he paid ten bucks for a bowl of oatmeal.

Wont be going back here, and it bothers me deeply that I'm sitting here giving a towny, locally own family business in my hometown a bad review.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Mother's Day Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This diner is a great family business. They do an excellent job with customer service and I would highly recommend. I went with my husband and children for breakfast. We were on the way home from picking up my son from college in Boston. We did not know about this place at all - we put it in to our GPS and this is what came up. So we got off the highway and decided to give it a chance. The diner was very busy - however we were seated in about 15 minutes. The food was sooooo good. They gave you plenty, we walked out of there stuffed. Bring the family - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mystic, Connecticut
“A great local place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

J&M is a great local diner. We went for breakfast on a weekday morning. The place was hopping with people yet the staff were very responsive and served quickly and with a smile.

The portions were large and the quality was very high. They have many great omlette specials and wonderful pancake specials as well.

This was a great find and well worth the stop at this family owned place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere