“Fun Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 186 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9
Franklin, Massachusetts, USA
“Fun Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Whether with the family or with couples ~ Melting Pot is a fun experience for all! The staff if knowledgeable and the food is simply yummy! Hours of fun for under $100!

Visited December 2013

Milton, Massachusetts
“Melting Pot Blew it on Stupid Things”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

First off, I have never been a fan of the Melting Pot Chain. I always felt that I spent a lot of money and walked away hungry. On the other hand I love the concept. So we decided to go there with a group of friends. Sad to say, they could have gotten a better than average rating, had it not been for the many stupid things they did.

Check In: They did a solid job. They acknowledge the reservation. They seated us on time. Very nice overall experience was very positive.

Server: The server was awesome. She took time to explain our choices. When she brought items to the table. Took time to make sure everything was perfect. Found out in talking with her she was a graduate of the CIA (Culinary Institute of America). So I am not surprised she was excellent. Also made sure to remind people that the food on the plate that was not cooked was not mixed with the other plate.

Menu: The menu had been changed since my last visit a few years ago. I really like the improvements. It helped to improve the overall experience. The food and the way it was served were quite good.

HOW THEY BLEW IT....

Given that the food was great, the server awesome, check-in smooth. The question is how did they blow it. Ran out of Spoons, Server plates, cups... The sever kept coming over and apologizing because she did not have everything she needed. It really hurt the experience. It tells you the manager of this restaurant needs to do there job. Make sure they have enough of the items needed to support the restaurant operations. Wonder how the cooks do their job, given the manager is not supplying the needed materials.

It would have been nice, if the manager them self had come over and apologized. But then they would be doing it all night. Then again if they did, they might make sure the restaurant had enough.

We were given a $10.00 coupon by the server. At least one person was on there A game.

THE OTHER WAY THEY BLEW IT

The Men's bathroom was dirty. Give it a break. At $60.00 a person, they can do better. This is a absolute NO NO.

This critique tells me the management of the restaurant needs to step up there game.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Stow, Massachusetts
“I'm glad I went for the experience, but it won't be a regular favorite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I took my wife for our tenth anniversary. I've only had fondue a few times in my life and the concept of a restaurant with nothing but fondue intrigued us.

The atmosphere was superb. We were seated a nice private table booth for two. I'd never seen a booth for two before, but it was great to sit next to each other rather than across the table.

The restaurant serves up to four courses and we chose all four for about $40 per person. Everything is cooked on an induction stove top in the center of your table. We had seen other reviews that stated the service was poor and indeed, we were waiting for our waiter for about 20 minutes between when he dropped off the desert menu and when he came back to ask us what we wanted.

1st course is a cheese fondue with bread, apples, and veggies to dip. We chose the Swiss fondue based on recommendations in other reviews. It was good, but a little bland for us. Next time I would try the spicy one instead. In my opinion, the broccoli was the best item to dip. The waiter offered to bring extras of anything and I should have asked for more of the veggies. We didn't even use a quarter of the bread.

2nd course is salad. The salads are fine.

3rd course it meat which is delivered to your table raw in bite size pieces. You cook it in a boiling pot in the middle of your table on fondue forks. Then it is dipped in a variety of provided sauces. Between the two of us we had lobster, shrimp, steak, sausage, and chicken. The meat was all good to eat. We were warned that everything needed to be cooked for at least two minutes for food safety. They should have a timer for that on the table. I used a timer on my smartphone, I'm not sure that I would have been able to judge two minutes adequately otherwise. Some of our meat was seasoned it cajun spices which mostly came off when cooked, so I wouldn't do that one again. Some of the sauces I really liked and some I didn't care for at all.

The dessert is a chocolate fondue. We got the flaming turtles based on other reviews we read. I was surprised that the chocolate started out cold but still liquid. I would have expected it to be harder at the start.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Not to the Normal Standard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tonight my wife and I went to this Melting Pot to celebrate or anniversary. We have been to several of these around the country. This is far the worst in the chain. Food quality was off, not very attentive staff and portions are smaller than what we have gotten in past visits. Never was offered a refill on a drink. brought the food in courses like they should but never ever came back to check on us. service was so bad that when they brought the bill I waited 20 minutes and no one came to collect it. I am glad we had a Gift Card for $100 so we could leave it and just go or I might still be waiting there. This individual restaurant is not a very good representation of this chain. I would not go back to it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Somerset, New Jersey
“An Awesome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a family dinner at this place on our trip to Massachusetts, and liked the nice concept and unique dining experience. Our time here was enjoyable because of our server Nikki, who was knowledgeable about the menu, and pleasantly guided us through the process of how to cook our food in the fondue pots.
We chose the 4-course special that included the salad, the cheese fondue, main meat / vegetable course, and the chocolate course. The breads, meats, fruits, desserts were all of good quality. Our meats and seafood were mixed and coated with hot and spicy Cajun spices, and were very tasty.Our chocolate was a mixture of dark and milk chocolate and was delectable.Food was plenty for all of us, and we left full and happy.
The lights above our table were a little too dim for our taste, but I must say that they did create an ambiance.People should allow two to two and a half hours at a minimum.to finish all the courses -- less if you only order two courses.
The Manager and our server were extremely friendly, helpful and efficient, and aimed to please.
This restaurant will definitely be our place to visit every time we visit our relatives and friends in Natick.We certainly recommend it to everyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere