“It was was like Thanksgiving dinner!! Roll me out the door!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 168 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 9
Sutton, Massachusetts
“It was was like Thanksgiving dinner!! Roll me out the door!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

First I have to say, we got lost going, because the website said NATICK, when in fact it is really in FRAMINGHAM!!! That, should be fixed ASAP. Once we got in, we were immediately seated. There were 7 in our party. Our waitress was very attentive - D. But there were a lot of rules to listen to. Once we got past them, and ordered, the fun was underway.

WE started with bread and veggies and cheddar fondue. DELISH
Then we all had salads - double DELISH.

The main course was outstanding - a tray of beef, shrimp, pork - all cooked under 2 minutes. Just awesome.

But dessert was mouth watering.......we had the smores and the snickers fondue. Can I just say, I do not even care for chocolate, and the snickers was a hit out of the park......chunks of brownie, rice krispies, pound cake, marshmallows, bananas and strawberries......they never tasted SOOOOO good!!

We also had this incredible wine, Evolution - a white blend, that was crisp and delicious. The owner, Basel Al-Nammari, took the time to speak with every table. I really liked that. He came to our table, we chatted, and I asked about the wine. He sold us 2 bottles, which I am saving for a special occasion.

WE will definitely be going back!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wallingford, Connecticut
“Cool to try... Although we did have sticker shock at the pricing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

A co-worker had talked about going to 'The Melting Pot' around Danbury, CT. She neglected to tell me just how expensive the place was! My teenaged son then saw something for it on TV and had said that he'd love to try it and there was one near the college he was going to attend in Worcester, MA.

Months later while he was at his college orientation, my husband and I found the place and decided to try it. We walked in about 4:30pm on a Saturday and without a reservation, the 'next available table' was for 8pm that NIGHT! We found we could eat in the bar, so we actually sat AT the bar (even though we are not drinkers). We almost walked out when we got the menu and saw the pricing for the 4 course Americana 'special' (the meal would be close to $100 for just the 2 of us!). But, I am glad that we decided to stay and try it. Toward the end of our meal, a pianist came in to perform in the bar area, that was an unexpected treat!

The menu and options were very 'confusing' and both of us are fully educated. Actually, I found the menu almost 'overwhelming' because I had no clue and was not prepared for the magnitude of options. The staff was helpful in explaining. In sheer frustration, we opted for that 4 course dinner 'special' & upgraded to get lobster tails with our entrees (figured if we were spending THAT MUCH, we might as well...)

The spinach and artichoke cheese dip appetizer was amazing. We both opted for the salad 'wedge' and the bacon bits on top were awesome, they also had just the 'right' amount of dressing on it and there was a blue cheese 'chunk'. Everything was great... until they came out with our 'meal', which consisted of raw pieces of meat and fish on a plate. I was somewhat horrified... But, we decided to live a little (and wanted to eat our dinner!). The various dips that accompanied the meal were nice, but, I did get a little 'bored' waiting for the tiny pieces to cook.

The dessert was absolutely amazing. Yes, the pieces to dip were small... but there were so many different things to choose from and it was really nice to try a little of everything! We got the 'Turtle' chocolate (and had them mix in a little peanut butter too). Fabulous!!

Overall, I'd prefer the appetizer, salad and dessert (was not so impressed with the 'main course'). Or to just come in for dessert (sadly, after eating something more cheaply elsewhere because the expense is more of a 'once in a while' splurge).

We did just return (for a second time) this past weekend and both times we did have excellent service. Evidently for the month of September, they have an Anniversary special going on with a 'petite' portion of the meal but a nice selection, in addition to an appetizer cheese fondue selection, a salad and dessert for $27 per person. Look for deals like this, it does make the night more appetizing!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ashland, Massachusetts
“One trick pony”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is an interesting place to go once. However, it is very over priced. Once you try it once, there is really nothing to bring you back.

Visited August 2012
“Disappointed :( try with two people before booking for a party of three or more!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Last night myself and two friends ate at the melting pot on Filbert. First the good points... It's unique, can be fun if your not starving (eat a big lunch), and the staff are really really nice. I thought the price wasn't too bad as we looked at it as a fun experience that made lots of laughs. Now for the bad... We had three people.... However, we're only served a two people course... Two plates with the same amounts of meat. I would have like to have known what exactly was my portion so I knew for next time how to order. Sharing one fondue pot was challenging, as even though we agreed on the cheese, broth, and chocolate, constantly having 9 skewers in the pot to cook was a nuisance. We kept losing food in the pot. The sides of raw potatoes and broccoli never cooked all the way... And we're kept in pot the entire time! As for the dessert.... I have to laugh.... How can you give THREE people 1/8 of a slice of cheese cake, one small square of angel food cake, two sliters of rice crispy treats and some gross stale marshmallows? Also the chocolate was burnt. All I have to say is it isn't fun spending the remainder of your evening wondering if you have salmonella because your not really sure you cooked your raw seafood and meat properly.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Love it for Date Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's or favorite place to go for "date night". The amount of time we spend there gets less and less now that we're more comfortable with the routine, but we get to sit quietly and talk to each other all cozied up for about an hour and a half, two hours. It's lovely. And on not-date-nights, it's a fun place for t he kids too.

Visited May 2012