“Unexpectedly Good!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 186 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: California Ave
Lacey, Washington
“Unexpectedly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

When I was first told that we would be going to "Joe's American Bar and Grill" for dinner, I was hesitant. I had never heard of the place nor knew anything about it. I went expecting a 'diner' experience. I was wrong...

The menu was full but not confusing and went beyond burgers, fries and pies. Our orders arrived fresh, at the right temperature, cooked to order and presented nicely.

The food value was great as the quality was high and the prices moderate. The wait staff were knowledgeable, friendly, efficient and attentive. The atmosphere comfortable.

I will visit Joe's the next time I am in town as there several items that looked good that I didn't get to try!!

• Visited December 2013

Southborough, Massachusetts
“Lunch Time at Joe's American Bar and Grill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was a little after noon time, and we decided to experience Joe's American Bar and Grill. We had been shopping and it was time to refuel. Being a Sunday, we did not know what to expect for crowds, but we were warmly welcomed and shown to a booth in the main dining area.

Our waitperson quickly came over and asked for our drink selections. We wanted water and she asked if a slice of lemon would be okay. Nice touch. Along with the waters came a basket with warm, crusty bread and whipped butter. It was very good, crusty on the outside and chewy in the center.

We both opted for the Chicken Cobb Salad. The wait was minimal, and soon another gal delivered our large salads. There were chopped pieces of chicken, feta, bacon bits, avocado, with chopped lettuce. The dressing was already on the salad and it was very good.

The salad is on the large side so we did not consider dessert.

The waitstaff is well trained here and our waitperson came over a few times to make sure that everything was good. She was very attentive. We had very little wait for our check.

We would recommend dining here as the food was delicious, no waiting and an enjoyable lunch.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Only 2 points based on terrible service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would like to start by saying that the lunch (Honey Chicken Salad and Cobb Salad with grilled salmon) my friend and I had at this location was very good, fresh and nicely prepared. The food deserves 4 points. Unfortunately the service was really awful. From the moment the waitress appeared at our table to "greet" us (or not!) we knew we were in for a bad experience. She seemed aloof, not interested, and could barely muster up the energy to ask what we wanted to drink. When I told her we were ready to order meals too she seemed put out and even mumbled, barely audible, that she was really busy. I did not notice an unusually big crowd since 3.15 pm was kind of late for lunch but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. We placed our simple order. When the waitress returned with the drinks she switched them up and did not rearrange them even when my friend said the coffee was for her. She just ignored the input, and also touched the milk with her rather long thumbnail while setting the creamer on the table. The lunch was brought out by another waiter who was nice. My friend's Cobb Salad, which she ordered with salmon, for some reason also had chicken on it. We politely asked to have the chicken removed and also if we could get some bread. He was surprised that we hadn't received any to date. After a while the waitress appeared and muttered (again, I could barely understand her) why there was only one salad. You tell me, sister! I informed her that she had made a mistake with the order at which point she double-checked her pad, nodded, and left. When she returned with the corrected salad we again asked for bread and finally received some. Later, rather than asking if we wanted to order dessert, she put the bill on the table and grabbed our dishes, then remained standing next to us looking for payment. It was annoying as we were trying to figure out each of our share and the tip. After a puzzled look from me she walked a few steps away only to return seconds later while we were still adding the money to the tray. To be honest I didn't understand what the purpose of that was especially since she murmured that she doesn't mean to rush us. She literally took the money and the receipt which was still in my hand and waltzed away. We left a very bad tip in step with her bad service. The waitress actually returned and questioned us, so I told her the service was lousy. Her response: "Okay." Well, I think it would be "okay" for her to vacate her position for someone new with a less toxic, customer-unfriendly personality.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Joes American F, General Manager at Joe's American Bar and Grill, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
I want to apologize for the service you received and thank you for taking the time and give us feedback from your recent visit to our location. We strive to give exceptional service to all of our guest and I feel as though we failed to do so for you and I apologize about that. I am embarrassed as a leader of this team that you had such subpar service and I wish we could have done something for you at that time. I am glad the you found our food to be very good as this is something that we also strive for. We as a team are working very hard teaching and coaching our service staff every day to give the best possible service to all guests like yourself a unique and exceptional dinning experience. Please allow me to invite you back as my guest and treat you to experience that you deserve. I can be reached at the restaurant at (508)820-8389 or by e-mail: mvalitsky@joesamerican.com

Thank you once again for you feed back and I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Michael Valitsky
Wayland, Massachusetts
“Typical American lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

With a business associate we had lunch there. His steak was thick and perfectly grilled and I ordered a juicy, high hamburger full of flavor. The dessert was also delicious as well as drinks. (We did not drive...) For a good and sumptuous lunch this is a good place.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Joes American F, Manager at Joe's American Bar and Grill, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Ota_13,

I want to thank you for your feedback on your experience here at Joe’s American Bar & Grill. It always brings us great joy when we give our guests, time and time again, a great dining experience. I look forward to having you dine with us again soon.

-Sergio M. Espinoza
Joe's American Bar & Grill
1 Worcester Road
Framingham, MA 01702
508-820-8389
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Not your old Joe's Bar & Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This place use to really reliable but since the company has been sold and broken up it's not the same. A lot of the old employees have left. The food has dropped down in quality. I was waiting for a meeting to start and stopped in for a burger and beer. The burger was cold and over cooked, they only put a small handful of fries on the plate and they were cold too. It's to bad because I really liked going to this place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dear Johno1972,

My name is Sergio, I'm one of the managers for the Joe's American Bar & Grill in Framingham and I wanted to sincerely apologize for the lack of quality in the food that you received. Our goal is always high quality food unfortunately this was not the case in your last visit. We unfortunately not only slipped up with the temperature of the burger but of the french fries as well. This is completely unacceptable and I want invite you back in on our own dime so that we can have another chance to wow you as you were during your first visits to Joe's. If it is ok with you I would love to send you a Gift Card in the mail so that we can have that second chance. Please message me with your mailing information and I will put it in the mail for you. Thanks you for you invaluable feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Sergio M. Espinoza