“Just didn't feel right.” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham to your Saves list
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Kettering, Ohio
“Just didn't feel right.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Go by the price, die by the price.

I chose the place based on cost and a nice picture (looked like a former Holiday Inn).

When I got there, I didn't care for the tight parking, the feel of the place, or the people I met in the halls.

The desk people were good. The coffee, standard M6 and OK. The rooms large, quiet, and with a great bed, the windows large and clean.

The single elevator was slow, the bright white walls were too bright white, and only a Dunkin Donuts and a gas station next door (and a Mexican place down the block), traffic a pain.

Next time I'd stay elsewhere, but this was near my destination and was well priced.

Room Tip: Since the building is wedged between a tollway toll station and a busy highway it is really hard to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
SANFORD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The price was okay but no coffee pot had to go down to lobby for coffee. The toilet overflowed and there wasn't a room change offered or any refund of part of the cost. There wasn't even an iron in the room. The maids were very friendly. You get what you pay for, not much. The bed was comfortable. For Ice I had to go up to the 4th floor or down to 1st floor. The ice container had no cover. Parking very difficult. Rooms needs renovating.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to this hotel. The price is very cheap we payed seventy three dollars for one night with a king size bed. The location is great right next to dunkin donuts and bp gas station and near mass pike. There is a cvs,friendlys,mcdonalds, and a stop and shop and other places down the street. The clerks were friendly and helpful. However pets are allowed in the hotel and when we walked in a dog sat on the floor next to me and pooped. It was gross. When we got to the fourth floor where are room was the floor would shake from the elavator there were stains on the carpet in the hallways and the halls wreaked of marrijuana. Smoking is allowed in some rooms of the motel so if the smell of cigarettes bothers you I wouldn't recommend this hotel. The clients were very scary and stared me up and down in a eery way. My boyfriends from new york and I'm from boston and we both are used to the city like but he and I both felt unsafe. The room was decent and clean. There was a television, a microwave, and a fridge. The bed was pretty comfortable but the bathroom was incredibly small. You had to click the lightswitch mutiple times before the light turned on. When we checked out the clerk questioned us and there was a room bnehind the desk where a thin teenager in short shorts sat in a chair I'm almost positive her hands were cuffed. When leaving to get to our car right in the motels parking lot we saw a drug deal. I wouldn't bring children to this motel. For us it was worth it but we wouldn't stay on the fourth flour again it was like the ghetto of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Myself, my husband, and our son stayed here for one night...NEVER AGAIN! We had stayed at Motel 6's before and although they aren't great. you can't beat the price and they normally aren't too bad....WRONG! On the way to the room we passed a trash can that was over flowing with cans of chef bouyarde, it stunk and there were flies EVERYWHERE! When we got to the room, even though it was non smoking there were ashtrays that had obviously been used. Plus there was a family above us that sounded like they were jumping from bed to bed. We called he front desk to complain and they said they would deal with it...well they never did. We wound up leaving a few hours later and didn't get a refund.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Have stayed here a half-done times over the past decade, but my last trip was probably my last one as this place isn't what it once was.

- Parking is difficult, especially at night. Spots fill up fast and you'll probably have to park by the gas station or the Mexican restaurant a short ways down.
- Hallways and staircases smell - they didn't in the past, and I could swear someone peed on the third landing.
- Carpeting and bedding in rooms are wearing out.
- Door latch (outer) on my last room appeared to be damaged.
- Dog crap not picked up on the back side of the building,
- Elevator is rickety, and the clientele is for the most part seedy.

Price and location are great, right between a BP gas station and Dunkin Donuts, with easy access to the Mass Pike - but this hotel used to be so much better. It's in dire need of Motel 6's refreshing process, as it's just gone way downhill in the last 10-11 years.

Room Tip: No breakfast area, although Dunkin Donuts is next door. Don't park in the DD lot overnight, or y...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed a week, not a bad motel. Staff was okay, room was large, and had 3 ashtrays, no fridge or microwave. The beds were a nice size. The bathroom was clean but the shower head was broken and housekeeping showed up like 3 out of 6 days. 4 out of 5

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Let's face facts, to find a hotel near Boston under $100 is a small feat in and of itself. Needless to say when I found this one, I was skeptical to say the least. However, when we arrived at 3a.m., the front desk staff was polite and helpful. She even extended our 11a.m. checkout til 1p.m. due to our late arrival. The room was clean and nothing indicitive of previous bad reviews on here. The overall experience exceeded my expectations and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!