“SUPER SCARY HOTEL EXPERIENCE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham

You added Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham to your Saves list
Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1668 Worcester Road, I-90 East to Exit #12, Framingham, MA 01702   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Chicago
“SUPER SCARY HOTEL EXPERIENCE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was my scariest hotel experience EVER!!!!!!
Aug. 10th, 2:30 am after driving all day heading for Cape Cod, I arrived at this hotel with just my two small children (ages 6 and 3). When I went to the front desk I noticed very scary tatoo people in the lobby and a very run down hotel. A little nervious, I asked the clerk if the area was safe. She replied yes. She then gave me a room on the 3rd floor which she said was the last availalbe room. I took it and journeyed upstairs all the way to the end of the hall (which was dark) with two very sleepy little boys. When I put the key in the door (card thingy) a very big man came flying out the door upset and he scared me to death. My little boys were crying. He said this was his room. I apologized and got out of there as fast as I could back to the front desk. I told desk clerk someone was in the room & she said "hold on, I need to call the police to get them out of that room." That was all I needed to hear, and I immediately requested that she cancel my room request and credit my AMEX card so I could leave right away. Today (09/07/11) I received my AMEX bill with a $62.54 charge on it from this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Thai first
Kingston, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I travel for business so when a motel says there's internet service, I depend on it. This service, which costs extra, by the way, drifted in and out. Mostly out. I checked out of a 4 day stay after only one day.

Room was clean, though.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Adjuntas, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

As in any place that you pay less than $60, I wasn’t expecting much. I only wanted a place to stay for one night while in the Massachusetts area and this place fill the bill. The room was relatively clean, the same concept as in all Motel 6. It was a nonsmoking but as other reviews said somehow there was a slight smoking odor, but not unbearable and I’m not a smoker. Since I wasn’t expecting much of this place this place was OK since it was clean, had hot water, no noises and the room wasn’t too small. The basics, but just what I needed for one night.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

the worst hotel ever seen. sure it´s is quite cheap, especially if you compare with other hotels in the bosten area, but defnitly not worth it. please don´t even think about staying here! it´s very dirty. rooms not cleaned, dirty carpets. all in all we had to call the manager. both, recepcionist and manager very rude, but finally we got our money back and could leave!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stay here quite frequently when I come to the Boston area to visit family on the way to or from Cape Cod. This motel is more than adequate at at least half the price of larger chains closer to the city. You are right off of the Mass Pike and right on Rt. 9. While the rooms are sparse, this Motel 6 was renovated 2 years ago. The beds are OK, but not uncomfortable. TV's get your locals, HBO, CNN, ESPN, TBS, and TNT. My tips are the following: 1) Bring shampoo or stop and get some, 2) use your alarm on your cell phone or bring an alarm clock, 3) REQUEST a king size room on the back side, not the rt. 9 side, they are quieter as you won't hear rt. 9 traffic, AND king rooms seem not to get used as much so the beds aren't as warn. Also to address any traffic noise, leave the A/C fan on as this will drown out any traffic noise. The staff is very helpful, but only if you give them the same courtesy you expect in return. :-)

As for breakfast, you are right next to Duncan Donuts, and you are right near the hundreds of stores, restaurants, and supermarkets along Rt. 9 in Natick. Just head East on rt. 9 for a few miles.

Yes, Internet is $3.00/day, but it is fairly fast and for $55.00/night, $3.00 extra is not going to break the bank. If it does, there is a Panera if you head east on Rt. 9. And please tell me why people complain about having to turn around on Rt. 9 to get somewhere, how difficult is that? Come on now.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
north carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights because a friend recommended it. It was $59 a night which was a great price compared to staying closer to boston but i am not sure it was worth it.
We travle alot and we are not too picky, only twice in hundreds of hotel stays have we changed rooms but we had to here.
Our first rooms a/c unit was way too loud. we called down and she said they are all loud.
we asked someone to come look at it and when she came down the ahllwat she said "wow that is loud". so we changed rooms.
Rooms were big and pretty clean. Just a basic room but we are from nc and our rooms always have a microwave, a fridge and a clock. This room had NONE of these.
we asked for a wake-up call on the last morning to catch our flight out and they forgot.
all they said was oh sorry he must have forgot to set it.
also not the hotels fault was one night the state os mass was paving the road in front of our room. the roller, the dump trucks, all of it. well our bed shook and windows rattled form 10 pm til 1 am.
it is right on hwy 9, a very busy road. that could be good or bad according to the traveler.
Most restaraunts are 1-5 miles away with a dunkin dounts and a mexican restaraunt on each side.
No amenities, shampoos or conditioners just a bar of soap in each room
I would not recommend the room.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Framingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

Firstly, parking is limited; secondly, w/out being informed through phone call or in person we are charged $3.18 a day additionally for wireless that through three days is generally recieving signal "Low" or "Very Low." I rented a weekly and after three days i gave up on maid service--there isn't any although a note requests I tip maid. Modern items in room include, and are limited to, a bottle opener attached to sink to open Coke bottles from Vietnam War. TV stations are CNN/CNN/ESPN/ESPN with a PBS station in between.
If you're travelling in region you're better off at Montecello; yes, there are some drunks there but at least you get free Wi-Fi, decent breakfast, daily maid service, fridge, micro, and 100+Comcast channels and an ability to open a door/window into fresh air; none of which this Motel 6 offers.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Boston West - Framingham? Share your experiences!