“Staff refused to clear clogged toilet” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham

You added Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 Cochituate Road, I-90 at Cochituate Road/SR 30, Exit #13, Framingham, MA 01701   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Massachusetts
“Staff refused to clear clogged toilet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

When I checked in, I discovered that the toilet was clogged. Somehow, even though housekeeping had cleared the room after the previous occupant, they had neglected to unclog the toilet. So I went to the front desk (the staff member on duty that day was Regina) and asked that someone help to unclog the toilet. She went round the back and returned with a plunger. She thrust the business end at me and said, "There's no maintenance in today; you can try this." I was so shocked I couldn't even react for a moment; in years of staying at various types of lodgings, I'd never once been asked to clear a clogged toilet myself - particularly one that had not been caused by me but by a previous occupant!

Because I had to rush off that day, I left first. When I returned in the evening, housekeeping had cleared the room but had again refused to clear the clog. I could understand there not being maintenance staff on duty that day, but if the proposed solution was to use a plunger on the toilet, why could the housekeeping staff - or even Regina herself - not help to do it? Since when do guests have to perform these tasks themselves? What next? Should guests then have to change and launder the bedlinens themselves, or repair leaky faucets? It's a motel, not an apartment. Service is simply lacking at this motel.

Final clarification: The Red Roof Inn website coyly advertises WiFi availability, but it's not free. It's a T-Mobile paid service.

For the same price range, I recommend the Framingham EconoLodge instead.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
MASS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stay here often - once - twice per month. I must comment on the professionalism and great cusatomer service from Regina, who works at the desk. She always remembers me and my preferences for room, location etc. Nice job Regina! And many thanks.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed there for one night on our way to Boston weekend trip to see some friends. Clean, no frills avg. hotel. Our room is facing the highway and it was noisy in the morning while truckers getting back on the road after their stay. No WiFi but there's some hotspot nearby where you can pay to get internet access. When we checked in, it was early morning already and the hotel was only half booked, it would be nice if the staff offerred to upgrade us to a room with a single bed...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I decided at the last minute to attend the U2 concert in Foxborough but wanted to stay away from Boston (too expensive) and Foxborough (not enough choices). We decided on Framingham as it was directly North of Foxborough and off the 1-90. Never having stayed at the Red Roof Inn we did not know what to expect. Upon check in I was expecting a pet fee or some sort of pet security deposit and was pleasantly surprised that pets stayed free. My only issue was that I had requested at check in a room facing away from 1-90 and at the end of the hotel (to avoid bothering any neighbours). Instead we got a room facing 1-90 and in the middle of the hotel. Fortunately the walls were pretty sound proof so we could not hear the highway too much and we figured since it was only for 1 night we would be okay with the room. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. We paid less than $70 US mid week for a standard room and we got something that could have easily been charged twice that amount and still be a steal. The hotel was close to a State Park (1.5 miles), Dunkin Donuts (700 metres) and Target (1 mile). If this is what other Red Roof Inns are like I would definitely stay at another one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We were a little worried since the hotel is literally right off the Mass Pike, but there was no noticeable noise from the highway or rooms above or on either side, which were occupied. The room was a modern and clean basic room. By basic I mean there was no iron, ironing board, hair drier etc. They did supply soap, a small packet of shampoo and a small (travel size) pack o f tissues. The room did have a small (dorm size) refrigerator and seperate microwave, We stayed a total of one night after catching a show in downtown Boston. The travel time to and from the water front was about 20 minutes by car. For our purpose, the room was perfect and good value at $70.00. As an added bonus there is a Dunkin Donuts next door and resturants just down the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

My daughter and I stayed here 3 nights while visiting an area college, and I thought it was well worth what I paid! I just wanted a clean and comfortable room and thats what I got. For $70 a night I wasn't expecting the Carlton!! Actually, I have already booked my room for the end of August to bring her back to the school she chose.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

Arrived in Boston and had this hotel booked for two nights. First impressions werent great. Receptionist seemed to have an attitude and when I handed over booking confirmation said 'Oh God, not another Expedia booking!' Would not engage in conversation and when I went to get a cup of coffee and asked for cup as there were no cups there, went into a spiel about 'having to do everything in this place'. Next morning there were still no cups available! The room itself stank of smoke and even though I smoke myself I have never encountered anything like it. Only for the fact that we had already paid for 2 nights we would not have stayed. Certainly would not go back or recommend to anyone

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The attitude of receptionist and the all prevading smell of smoke in the room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!