“Good Deal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 Cochituate Road, I-90 at Cochituate Road/SR 30, Exit #13, Framingham, MA 01701   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Framingham
USA
“Good Deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a nice no frills option for easy access to the Boston area. The rooms are clean and the prices are reasonable. Access to major highways restaurants and even a mall are excellent. There is even a nice like with rental canoes/kayaks/paddle boards less than a mile down the street. We stayed in a standard room for one visit and the suite for another. The standard room was very standard and the suite was very basic...spacious but utilitarian. Good for me. There are a variety of people who stay here, including smokers on cell phones roaming the walkways n front of the doors in the middle of the night (all three times we have stayed here!). However, while a little inconvenient, we never felt anyone was threatening or overly rude for a place like this (Were I in a more upscale hotel, I would have complained). Overall, I like this place for the value and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Neat place for breakfast across the street

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
e meadow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just a simple and extremely comfortable place to stay, directly across the road from Eggceteta Etc. breakfast-lunch restaurant.Everything you need,right there!
Easy to find,great food choices,nice staff…

• Stayed October 2012
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks for your review!

We truly strive to make the guest experience a memorable one and that includes the basics: A good clean, functioning room with a smile.
I agree that the restaurant across the street is great and the concept of being able to pick out your own food for them to cook is innovative.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Not a bad hotel, especially considering its location and the relevant cost. We got a coupon for the motel from the Mass Pike travel stop that saved us $12.

Pros:
Flat screen TV
Clean
AC/Heat
Decent shower
Comfortable beds

Cons:
Ugly Fluorescent lighting
Slow wifi access (not quickly enough to watch a YouTube video)
Bedding was very thin
AC unit is VERY noisy (it's on medium and it is loud enough to keep us up at night)

Overall a decent stay, nothing too impressive, but comfortable and clean enough for myself (age 17) and my father to stay for a few nights on a college tour.

Bottom line: Don't stay here if you plan on spending a lot of time at a hotel with any amenities. If you only need a place to sleep, store some suitcases, and shower, and can overlook the previously stated cons, then this is a pretty good value.

Room Tip: We chose non-smoking and the room had not been smoked in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback!
I am glad that you found us to be a good value. I know we are working on a solution to have our free wi-fi speed increased and we hope to have a solution fairly soon. Whenever a guest has a problem in a room (loud AC) we can have our maintenance go to the room and adjust the fan blades or even move your room.
We thank you for staying with us, and I hope that when you return to the area, you will give us the oppurtunity to exceed your expectations.

long island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 teenaged sons while visiting a college in the area. I reserved a non-smoking deluxe room several weeks in advance for a Saturday night. I arrived at 9 PM and requested a first floor room. I was told there was only 1 room left and it was on the 2nd floor. When we opened the door to the room we were overwhelmed with the stench of stale cigarette smoke. I walked in and immediately spotted some type of insect of the headboard. I called the front desk and was told this was in fact a non-smoking room - I said the room was unacceptable and the young woman at the desk found us another room on the 1st floor but it was not a deluxe room. This room had a strong smell of air freshener which to us was preferable to the cigarette smoke. We decided to stay because it seemed there were no other rooms available in the area and we were tired.

This room appeared to have been updated recently. Nothing beautiful but relatively clean , fresh and well lit. There are 2 full-sized beds (We would have much preferred 2 queens but they do not have them here). There is a nice flat screened TV and free wi-fi which is good. The beds are fairly comfortable, linens appear pretty new and clean but the bathroom is tiny. Although the window curtain appears to be of the room darkening type - it does not block out all the light.

There is a dunkin donuts adjacent to the property and the Natick Mall, which is awesome , is only a couple of blocks away. This is a basic motel with no interior corridors, The deluxe rooms have microwaves and small refigerators. It seems that for the area, this place is well priced.

Room Tip: If you can't walk steps make sure to ask for a first floor room and be sure to specify non-smoki...
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that the first room you were checked into had a smoking smell. If we do find that a guest has smoked in a non smoking room, we will deep clean the room and wash the carpets and walls.
I am glad that you found the rooms to be well taken care of as you could see we do take allot of pride in maintaining the condition of the hotel. We hope to see you again if your son decides to go to school in the area. Best of luck!

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stopped here on my way home from Parents' Weekend at Tufts. It was OK. Clean - the room had a strong odor of disinfectant or maybe just air freshener. Feel like I over paid - didn't get any kind of discount. And the pillows were awful - hard, I like them softer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We have been testing a new air freshener, and I thank you for your honest feedback. Just to let you know if you ever have a problem, we are here to help. We do offer a few different types of pillows as we know there are different people who have different tastes in pillows and mattresses.
Framingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The service at the information desk was poor, very inefficient. However, everything else was in expectation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

As of recently, I have stayed in dozens of Hotels and Inns in the New England area. They have ranged from upscale pricey boutique hotels to the mid range $ Inn. The staff, at the red roof inn were by far warmest and genuinely accomodating group I have met in some time. In.addition, the rooms were clean, classy and equipped perfectly for the business or casual traver. I would rank the Red Roof Inn, specifically at the Framingham location, as one of the most pleasurable stays I have had this year. I applaud the staff and upper managment for really grasping the needs of the consistent traveler. Five stars in my book.
SPM

• Stayed September 2012
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments, I know my staff takes allot of pride in seeing that they have done there job well, and they really do try hard to make each guest feel as comfortable as possible.

Thanks again for staying with us,
GM

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!