“Decent--especially for the price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 Cochituate Road, I-90 at Cochituate Road/SR 30, Exit #13, Framingham, MA 01701   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Framingham
“Decent--especially for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Not a bad hotel, especially considering its location and the relevant cost. We got a coupon for the motel from the Mass Pike travel stop that saved us $12.

Pros:
Flat screen TV
Clean
AC/Heat
Decent shower
Comfortable beds

Cons:
Ugly Fluorescent lighting
Slow wifi access (not quickly enough to watch a YouTube video)
Bedding was very thin
AC unit is VERY noisy (it's on medium and it is loud enough to keep us up at night)

Overall a decent stay, nothing too impressive, but comfortable and clean enough for myself (age 17) and my father to stay for a few nights on a college tour.

Bottom line: Don't stay here if you plan on spending a lot of time at a hotel with any amenities. If you only need a place to sleep, store some suitcases, and shower, and can overlook the previously stated cons, then this is a pretty good value.

Room Tip: We chose non-smoking and the room had not been smoked in.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback!
I am glad that you found us to be a good value. I know we are working on a solution to have our free wi-fi speed increased and we hope to have a solution fairly soon. Whenever a guest has a problem in a room (loud AC) we can have our maintenance go to the room and adjust the fan blades or even move your room.
We thank you for staying with us, and I hope that when you return to the area, you will give us the oppurtunity to exceed your expectations.

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
long island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 teenaged sons while visiting a college in the area. I reserved a non-smoking deluxe room several weeks in advance for a Saturday night. I arrived at 9 PM and requested a first floor room. I was told there was only 1 room left and it was on the 2nd floor. When we opened the door to the room we were overwhelmed with the stench of stale cigarette smoke. I walked in and immediately spotted some type of insect of the headboard. I called the front desk and was told this was in fact a non-smoking room - I said the room was unacceptable and the young woman at the desk found us another room on the 1st floor but it was not a deluxe room. This room had a strong smell of air freshener which to us was preferable to the cigarette smoke. We decided to stay because it seemed there were no other rooms available in the area and we were tired.

This room appeared to have been updated recently. Nothing beautiful but relatively clean , fresh and well lit. There are 2 full-sized beds (We would have much preferred 2 queens but they do not have them here). There is a nice flat screened TV and free wi-fi which is good. The beds are fairly comfortable, linens appear pretty new and clean but the bathroom is tiny. Although the window curtain appears to be of the room darkening type - it does not block out all the light.

There is a dunkin donuts adjacent to the property and the Natick Mall, which is awesome , is only a couple of blocks away. This is a basic motel with no interior corridors, The deluxe rooms have microwaves and small refigerators. It seems that for the area, this place is well priced.

Room Tip: If you can't walk steps make sure to ask for a first floor room and be sure to specify non-smoki...
Hi,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that the first room you were checked into had a smoking smell. If we do find that a guest has smoked in a non smoking room, we will deep clean the room and wash the carpets and walls.
I am glad that you found the rooms to be well taken care of as you could see we do take allot of pride in maintaining the condition of the hotel. We hope to see you again if your son decides to go to school in the area. Best of luck!

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stopped here on my way home from Parents' Weekend at Tufts. It was OK. Clean - the room had a strong odor of disinfectant or maybe just air freshener. Feel like I over paid - didn't get any kind of discount. And the pillows were awful - hard, I like them softer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We have been testing a new air freshener, and I thank you for your honest feedback. Just to let you know if you ever have a problem, we are here to help. We do offer a few different types of pillows as we know there are different people who have different tastes in pillows and mattresses.
Framingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The service at the information desk was poor, very inefficient. However, everything else was in expectation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

As of recently, I have stayed in dozens of Hotels and Inns in the New England area. They have ranged from upscale pricey boutique hotels to the mid range $ Inn. The staff, at the red roof inn were by far warmest and genuinely accomodating group I have met in some time. In.addition, the rooms were clean, classy and equipped perfectly for the business or casual traver. I would rank the Red Roof Inn, specifically at the Framingham location, as one of the most pleasurable stays I have had this year. I applaud the staff and upper managment for really grasping the needs of the consistent traveler. Five stars in my book.
SPM

• Stayed September 2012
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thanks for the nice comments, I know my staff takes allot of pride in seeing that they have done there job well, and they really do try hard to make each guest feel as comfortable as possible.

Thanks again for staying with us,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were headed to a Red Sox game and didn't want to deal with Boston traffic generally and game day driving and parking in particular. The decision was to find something in a reasonable drive from the Riverside terminal of the Green Line and take the T into the game. (Riverside because they have a huge park and ride area - $6 charge - about a nine mile drive on freeways from this property). The first thought had been Lexington but a nasty bait and switch by the La Quinta there (see separate review) left a bit of a sour taste so looked to Framingham - and found a real gem in the process.

We checked here based on a very good rate in the hotelcoupons.com book coupled with good TripAdvisor reviews. Coupon rate was good for 2 doubles or their standard king (though none were available, I did see a standard king and it was a very adequate room, just a bit smaller than their upgraded king and no fridge/microwave.) They also had a September promotion - donate to the food bank and receive a discount from standard rates. This brought the upgraded king to about $9 more than the 2 doubles - and the food bank is a good cause - so went for the upgrade. (As a note: no breakfast included but coffee is available and there is a Dunkin Donuts on the adjacent property.)

The upgraded king is a very spacious room with a nice L-shaped work station area, fridge and microwave. There was a large flat screen and WIFI was excellent. I do some traveling for work and this set-up is fabulous. The room was spotlessly clean, modern and the bed - well I have a very high end king at home and this was very comparable - best hotel bed in years. This and the quiet location resulted in a great sleep.

All of the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. The tone for quality service starts with the manager (or maybe he is the owner?) who we found at 7:30 a.m. cleaning gum and papers from his parking lot. This attention to detail shows in every facet of the operation.

This property was a joy to stay at and reasonably priced to boot - a fantastic find and highly recommended!

Room Tip: I prefer further back from the street - though traffic noise here was minimal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Redroof68, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Hi Hawki,

Thanks for the kind review. We really do try hard here to make every guest feel comfortable and to leave with a smile on there face. We do take allot of pride in our property and keep updating ourselves. This year we went to a faster internet and flat screen TV's, and updated all of our king beds which I am glad that you enjoyed.

Best regards,
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stay here when I take my daughter to college in Chestnut Hill. It is affordable and very clean. The girls at the front desk are very efficient when checking you in, and get you in and to your rooms very quickly.
The beds are very comfortable and they upgraded the TVs to flat screens since my stay last year.
It is very easy to get to as the hotel sits right off the Mass pike.
There is a dunkin donuts right next door and other establishments not too far away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!