“Location is only really good thing going for it” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Foxboro
Hebron, Connecticut
“Location is only really good thing going for it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were in town overnight for a concert at the Comcast Center. As for location, this place was perfect. It is right off the highway and only about 4-1/2 miles from the theatre. There is also a 99 Restaurant (best service of any 99 we have been to) right next door, so it is perfect for a bite to eat or their bar.

Check in was pretty good. It was a little slow, considering there was only one person behind the desk. There were a lot of people checking in early so maybe there would have been more attendents if it was the typical check in time. The attendent that was there,was very nice and moving things along the best she could. They were very accomodating in letting us check in early, which was very much appreciated.

Our room was very clean and there were tons of towels. There was a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Another plus. Beds were comfortable. We also noted a couple a vending machines throughout.

There is a pretty good breakfast included...bagels, eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, etc., but the room to eat is very small. Especially when the hotel is completely booked, as it was on this night.

The downfalls (for us)...
The air conditioning was FREEZING. We turned it down to low and it was still like the Arctic in the room but it was too hot to have it completely off. On the opposite note, our cousins staying down the hall, could not get theirs to work and their room was too hot. They told the front desk about the problem at check out and was told there was no way it could be broken, it was a new unit. There were cracks and everything in the unit, it was impossible that it was brand new.
Another problem...every time someone ran the shower in another room, there was this HORRIBLE squealing noise coming from the pipes in the walls.
Speaking of noise, you can hear EVERYTHING in the hallway. Especially the drunk girls running up and down the hall at 1:30 am (LOL). But even just people walking by having a normal conversation, you can hear every word. However, we did not notice any noise coming from either of our neighbors.
Beds were small...if you get a room with 2 beds, they are doubles only. Very small for 4 grown adults sharing a room. In the hotel's defense it is noted that the beds are doubles, but you don't realize how small that is until you get there. They are barely bigger than a twin.
The rooms were extremely over priced and not worth the money. We will probably not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed at the same hotel the "Jan, 2011" reviewer did and totally agree with them. Well, we had problems at check in, a new desk person and the TV remote didn't work. We were given new batteries and then a new remote. Oh, by the way it was not a new flat panel that was to be installed by Apri '11, according to the Mgr on a previous review. The room HVAC didn't work properly, okay the best thing I can say it was a good location.
We stayed at some very very nice updated Holiday Inn Expresses and a Hampton Inn from $ 82 to 109. per night on our recent trip to and from MA

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
East Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stumbled upon this hotel while driving down 95 and decided I should stop and stay. The front desk clerk was very courteous upon my arrival and upgraded my room at no charge because of current rennovations. The room I was in was wonderful, a front facing room with a queen size bed and a microfridge. The bathroom was gorgeous with granite countertops-simple yet elegant. I ventured out into Mansfield and found a nice chinese restaurant (which the clerk directed me to). The hotel had a work out room, which I liked having after eating a late night dinner. It was private and well maintained. I woke early and had a free breakfast (waffles and oatmeal, my fave!), and I was on my way. No check out needed, had my reciept when I woke and was ready to go. Like I mentioned before, they were doing some room rennovations, I'll def be coming back to see how those come out!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

The location is fine and it is nice to have a restaurant next door, but this old gal is showing her age. The staff was nice and the lobby very well decorated and clean. The rooms however could use a major overhaul. Double beds instead of queen, tube TVs that are near the end of their life and generally dumpy. The hallways were cold and aged. If I had heard a scream and gun shot in the night, I would not have been surprised. Time to put some money in this place and get back on the "A" list.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
CIMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the 99 Restaurant onsite. We have recently renovated our hallways with new wallpaper and carpet. The final guest room renovations will be complete in April 2011. 32 inch flatscreen TV's will be installed during these renovations.
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a week or so ago and we had a wonderful time! The warm welcome of the front desk staff upon our arrival let us know this would be a great stay. The rooms are clean and cozy, the halls clean, and we love that it's in a quiet location. Not too far from shopping centers and from our favorite place to visit, Gillette Stadium! We also found out that its nearby the Comcast Center and will most likely be back for the summer. We have friends in the area, which was the reason for our stay, and would love to come back. The best part was the great breakfast included, we were up early and had our coffee, although there was a coffee maker in our room, which my lady liked to have her tea at night. We would recommend this place if you need a quiet out of the way place to lay your head for the night ! :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

I stayed here with a few of my friends because we heard this hotel offers a Wrentham Outlet Shopping package which included room, breakfast, free wireless, access to a workout room, free parking (with lots of spaces), and their wonderful staff is always on hand (all at a low rate too!). My friends and I try to make it down at least once or twice a year to shop, and we always stay here and always have a great experience. They also have a guest laundry, which is nice if you're staying for a while, and the convenience of the 99 Restaurant next door was great. Their staff is always friendly and knowledgable of the area, getting us where we need to go. With the holidays coming, we'll be staying again sometime soon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel located outside of Boston but much more economical than staying right in Boston. Clean and quiet rooms. Convenient to the interstate or take the commuter rail into Boston if you don't want to drive. Nice complimentary breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!