“MONEY HUNGRY THIEFS” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
You added Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort to your Saves list
72 West Street, Foxboro, MA 02035   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Millville, MA
“MONEY HUNGRY THIEFS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Campers beware that Normandy Farms will nickel and dime in there services. We were a guest on site B5 from 8/21 to 8/24 we decided to spend one extra night and they wanted $30 to move are camper to the new site and also wanted to charge full price for the new site as well. They would not wave the $30 fee. Campers shop around you can do better for the money they charge you there. They are thiefs!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

This place is amazing! Yes, it is pricey but it is well worth it! The place is immaculate and no bugs anywhere! We stayed in a cabin and it was gorgeous!! The playground is the best and huge! The pools are great, especially the outdoor heated one and the staff is so friendly and helpful. There were so many activities for the kids! We have been here 5 or 6 times and tried Cape Cod Camp Resorts campground the beginning of the summer and it was nothing compared to this one. This place is comfortable and well worth everything we spent. We will definately return!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
East Anglia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We have never visited a US camppground before and what a revelation!! I admit I'm more of a luxury hotels kind of girl but we thought that we'd rent an RV for a week. The campground was excellent. I'm very good at finding fault but to my dismay I really culdn't find anything to complain about here. The showers and toilets were as clean as in my house. The staff were polite and helpful and our pitch was large. We didn't use the facilities except for the computers (free internet access and printing) and 1 takeaway pizza but the pools looked good and they children's play equipment was 1st class.

• Stayed August 2010
Enfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

I'll admit to being nervous after reading the other recent reviews. After camping at Normandy for the first time since '92, I was happy to see that the place more than lived up to my memory. That being said, we went mid-week, not during a holiday weekend (like 4th of July). While our site was cozy, private and shaded with more than enough room for our 8 person tent, minivan etc, we were camping adjacent to an open field that had the faint remains of painted white lines and burnt grass from fire rings. It was clear that during the holiday weekend they had set up temporary "overflow" sites that would have been hideous. Also, my memory did not include the noise from 495 which runs right behind the campground. During the day it is almost undiscernible, but when we tried to get our little ones to sleep it was comically loud. That being said, we were in safari 4 and the sound couldn't be heard in other parts of the campground,
So, if the negative reviews should not be discounted out of hand, I have to say that the positives are what stay in my mind. It is cleaner and better maintained than any campground--even most hotels--I have been to. I appreciate the facts that they have systems in place to enforce the few rules they have. There is nothing worse than going somewhere and watching others flout rules that you feel honor bound to abide by for the comfort and safety of others. The only unpleasant face I saw was that of my two-year old when we told her it was bedtime. The facilities were top notch and the staff friendly and helpful. We will be going back. Normandy Farms remains the standard by which I judge other campgrounds...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
St. Stephen, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We have stayed at many campgrounds over the years, and never have we had the problems we faced at this one. No using the pool without a specific type of bathing suit (which of course they sell at a ridiculous price); campsites on top of one another; rude management; and, to top it all off, our tent became infested with fleas, which ended up in our home, and took much effort on our parts to get rid of. We would never stay here again. In fact, we would sleep in our car at the side of the road before coming back to this campground.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Sandwich, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Up front the buildings and facilities are top notch. This aside we had our Class A 34ft and we were put out in Safari 419 which we knew, they were sold out. We backed in and I had to run my trailer hitch into the embankment behind us to reach the power station up on a hill in someone elses camp site.

We were surrounded by Pop Ups which is fine, but we litterally could not open our Awning or we would have hit the camper next to us. Sites are 25ft wide at best. Our 8:30 dinner on our picknick table filled our neighbor's camper with smoke which is OK there infant had us up at 5:40 am.

What appears to be a ball field (on the website) in front of Safarri 419 is actually storage for old and Abondoned campers complete with Smashed windows.

There are no trees or shade in the area. My wife Laughed so hard as we drove into the trailer park at the size of the sites and the people sitting on eachother she could not get out of the car for a few min.

The pools are small and very crowded. Standing room only. After being kicked several times we decided the AC in the Camper would be better. Snack bar food was just that nothing fancy there.

Too many rules, and not being able to bring your own firewood is a joke They have to trees to be infected. Construction is on going and they look like the will be expanding Safarri (desert) into more treeless sites. Best of luck to those people.

We have become somewhat experinced campers, Had it not been for an event at gilete stadium saturday night however, I think we would have left early.

If I had ulimited resources I would book two sites side by side in the future so I could open my Awning. but thats not going to happen.

It was quite because everything shuts down at nine!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Providence
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

First of All, don't get caught up in the Normandy Farms, Best Capmground Ever!!! Be extremely careful when you book a reservation because they will charge your credit card without your permission for anything and everything. Once you have paid, if you have any problems on your site, they don't care because they already have your money and don't even respond to your concerns. I had a site in Safari way in the back near the bathrooms, I specifically asked the women upon making the reservation if the bathrooms were open, and she assured me they were. I even asked again, knowing I have a Pop-Up Camper with no bathroom and a 4 year old that needs to be close to the bathroom. Well, this was Off Season and once we got there, bathrooms closed, I went to the front desk, manager not available, then I called and called all night leaving messages trying to find someone to speak to. They would not move us to another site or even compensate us for the confusion. My daughter had several accidents and never made it to the bathroom. Secondly, the sites are so small (again its all about the almighty dollar with them, the more they can squeeze in the more money they make) and they will move you to another site without notice if they have someone that is staying longer = spending more money. They do this without your notice and once you get there your stuck because they already charged you credit card and you wont get a refund so you have to deal with it. You have to book so far in advance or know someone to get in right away, I have seen it happen. The Pool, no toys, no jumping, no marco polo, the kids can only swim which is impossible because of the number of children in the pool. The owners are rude, I talked with them when I had my issue and they do not listen and they basically dont care if you come back or not, they kept stating that they are highly rated campground, well that may be the case only due to the grounds that are kept up nicely and the bathrooms which are very clean. There is a whole family that owns it so dont try talking to anyone else because there all family and neither one is any nicer than the other. I told them I would not return and they did not care. Why ,because they have my money your money and the next fools money who makes a reservations. This is how the keep this campground full. Its a Joke

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!