“Great on Fun, Short on hook- up” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
You added Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort to your Saves list
72 West Street, Foxboro, MA 02035   |
Nantucket, Mass
“Great on Fun, Short on hook- up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

This is one of New Englands best RV Campgound. Outside of New England it wouldn't stack up as well.
There are lots of family activities (you have to pay for), the park is really well maintained(better than most accross the country).
The setting is a comfortable, woodsy camp, nice walking trails and a fantastic dog walk and a big sports field. BUT, Forget about the ads...They really don't have 50amp service or cable TV that we can see ...we stayed 5 times and even with making reservations well in advance they don't have 50 amp or cable TV (TV reception by antena is lmited to a small few). This place is pricey...very pricer, unles you stay a month or longer in the off season.

• Liked — setting
  • Disliked — annenities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waterbury, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

I could see how the other reviewers would be dissatisfied with the campsites being so close to each other. The solution to this problem is go to AFTER Labor Day weekend (prices are lower too)! My partner, Matt, and I spent a glorious week at Normandy Farms and we have both decided that we will end our camping season there annually! The staff was amazing and accommodating, especially since they were doing construction on a Yurt being built behind us. No one mentioned it to us when making the reservation nor when we checked in, which was extremely frustrating to both of us. We understood that it was after the peak season, but the fact that no one mentioned it to us was what irritated both of us. However, the staff reacted immediately and gracefully by offering us a 50% discount off of our ENTIRE stay and gave us one free night! All that being said, our site was private (due to time of year), comfortable and had a great view! They even give you an escort to your site and being that this was only our 2nd camping trip with our new camper, the ranger even gave Matt guidance with backing the camper into the site and then gave him tips on how to do it again!
The property is beautiful, and kept immaculate. We enjoyed the heated outdoor swimming pool, the outdoor jacuzzi on a cool Sept. night was the BEST! The rec. lodge was gorgeous with a big "hall" type room that separates the kid's rec side from the adults rec side. Two beautiful outdoor pools w/tables, chairs, lounges. In the basement another heated, but indoor, pool with 2 jacuzzis. I do agree though that there should be one pool dedicated solely to adults. The bathrooms and showers were so clean I couldn't believe it; and the showers were free and HOT. My particular stall had a skylite, so I felt like I was showering outside in the sunshine!
I can't wait to go back next year!!

One more thing before winding this up; I was really surprised that more people do not LOVE Normandy Farms. It was rated as the #5 camping resort in the country, #7 in the WORLD and has even been featured on the Travel Channel. After my experience there and learning those facts, I personally think that Normandy Farms deserves its accolades!

• Liked — superior customer service, immaculate facilities, great heated outdoor pool & jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Construction being completed while we were there
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

We heve been comming to this campground for about 5 yrs
spend about 1 week a year here.past 2 years we have had things stolen from our site Booze from the cooler etc... we have also had our cars broken into and a camera stolen.
when we informed the office they were not very helpful and seemed to ignore the problem.So lock up everything and bring your stuff in at night.other than that its a great time for kids.

Stayed August 2008
Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

If you are looking for a campground that is extremely clean, then Normandy Farms is for you. The camp site and lawns are well groomed. The park is large enough to take a nature walk or go to the fishing hole and hear the sounds of nature.
This is a wonderful campground if you have children between the ages of 6 and 12. There are plenty of activities to keep them busy all the time. I have a 3 1/2 year old and there weren't any activites geared to her age level.
Overall, this is a wonderful place to camp. All of the activites are within a 5 minute walking distance. The general store carries anything you might need.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — lack of activities for younger children
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
South Shore, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2008

I only live about 20 minutes from Normandy Farms. I have stayed here several times. The reason that keeps me going back is the activities!! There's a lot I actually don't like about Normandy, but I just overlook. The prices here are absolutely astromonical!

First, When you book your site..which seems to be impossible! To get a good site you either have to be a seasonal, book for an entire week or better yet, know some one! You have to literally almost pay in full!!!! It's just ridiculous. I made reservations in November of 07 for July. Who has the full amount of 600.00 a month before Christmas? This policy is absolutely ridiculous! It's actually kept me from coming here more often. I would love to have a seasonal here, but the prices are just so pathetic, it's impossible!!!! The front desk staff are truly gems I must admit. Always very professional, very sweet and always take as much time as you need.

Second, The sites! They are just ridiculous! You literally are on top of one another. We almost had a fist fight with our neighbors because he was putting his baby to sleep at 9:00 on a friday night and we were playing games around OUR own campfire w/eight 30+ adults! But, on a very postive note, we called security and literally they were there in seconds and took care of it. This person was out of control threatening us and everything else..Normandy Staff was again, Very professional!! The sites are just waaaay to close together. They are just trying to pack waaay too many people into one area. They should really fix this!

Third, The pools! Everytime you go in to any of the pools there are so many kids in ALL of them. It would be nice if Normandy made the front pool near the office an ALL adult pool! They could keep the pool in the middle for all the kids. It just gets out of hand.

Fourth. This one is the one that makes me very angry! They have some male staff here that runs activites. I'm forewarning you to watch your teenager daughters around them. I had my 14 year old niece with me. Without mentioning names, they were making gestures about her body parts, gawking at her, following her to the bathroom, etc! SHE'S 14 I wouldn't allow her to go anywhere without me. I felt very uncomfortable about that. One of them made a comment: "WOW, what is Normandy putting in the water!" I was very disgusted on the behaviour of these male staff.

There are several things I do really like about Normandy. The bathrooms are extremely clean! They have excellent laundry facilites. The activities are just awesome! They do have a snack bar--it's ok--service is super slow.. I also love the disc golf! They also added a new dog park which should be open in '08. I haven't made reservations for this Summer. They've also raised prices for '08. Scary considering how tight the economy is-you'd think they would want to try and get you to come there with some sort of deals? That's all I can tell you on this place...

• Liked — The Activities
  • Disliked — Small sites and the prices are ridiculous!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

This campground is overcrowded. Line upon line of RVs pack the place, taking all of the natural beauty away from the grounds. It's a huge challenge to feel like you're living in the outdoors when you hear RV generators and roaring white noise from the nearby highway throughout the day and night. My husband and I have tent camped all over New England, but this was our first camping adventure with our sons (5 and 7). We made the most of it, but we were very disappointed. The boys even said, "I thought we were going to be able to camp near the woods." Pools were nicely kept. Agree with other reviewer regarding extremely strict pool rules. Kids really could not do anything but swim gently and/or stand there. Pool staff were quick to discipline. Splashing was even frowned upon. If you're expecting a relaxing place to enjoy nature, this is not the place for you. It's basically a noisy trailer park with a few nice pools.

Some good news....bathrooms, pools and other common facilities were extremely clean.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Hamburg, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

My family and I stayed at this resort (campground doesn't do it justice). We had an extremely enjoyable time.

The staff there is so helpful and in abundence. They all seem to be enjoying their jobs.

We (Mom, Dad, 4 yr girl and 2 yr old boy) were there for 7 days and would have loved to stay longer. We did two days of sight seeing outside the campground and the rest of the time at the campground. There was an incedible farm themed playground that my kids could not get enough of. They have 4 pools, so regardless of the weather there was always a pool to enjoy. You have to see the activity center to believe it.

The thing that I loved most was that their camp site although not spacious, their use of landscaping made the site private and beautiful. We noticed that there was never a piece of liter anywhere in the park and the landscaping was always being tended to.

We will be back again for sure as well as recommending to all our camper friends.

• Liked — Hard to name just one thing...landscaping, cleaniness, helpful staff, pools, playground
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!