“Very Nice Modern Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Foxboro
New Hampshire
“Very Nice Modern Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed here for one night after a Revolution soccer game at Gillette stadium...while everyone else waited in line to leave the parking lot and go home, we walked two minutes to the hotel and we were there...very convenient....Hotel is very nice-very modern vibe and very clean. Nice bar off the lobby, pool is somewhat small and no jacuzzi so that was a little dissapointing...Room itself was a little tight with 4 people but the bathroom is spacious. It was very quiet...not sure to what capacity the hotel was booked. We stayed on Marriott reward points so I cant comment on price because I dont know...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

We stayed for 1 night after show at Comcast Center...very handy...15 min ride via back roads.
Great room, good service, front desk very friendly, responsive.
Beds very comfortable, room immaculate.
Got great rate through Travel Zoo.
Did not use Spa or pool or gym or eat at onsite restaurant.
Had lunches at CBS Scene and Bar Louie's...both were good for large chain-like restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

I did a 90 minute signature massage at Epoche with a friend and we both had the same reaction--"what an amazing and totally relaxing treatment!" Our only regret was that we had to leave, would have loved to just wander upstairs and take a long nap.
The treatment specialist was excellent, very knowledgeable and calming. She asked a few questions then left me to my thoughts and total enjoyment. It's shocking how fast 90 minutes can pass! The steam/sauna area is extremely nice and the shower is great. I would have liked some choice of body lotions after the shower/shampoo but the attendants were very helpful and provided some products. Next time--I'm trying the hot stones and plan on a stayover to enjoy the whole effect!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Caibou, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

I booked 3 rooms for July 18 – Billy Joel Elton John – Face 2 Face, weekend. Yes the rate was higher than normal, but heck, that is what one would expect for the convenience. Valet was polite and prompt, the Front desk staff could not have been any more accommodating. The Lobby, public areas and rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. Knowing it is a new property and a Renaissance, I wouldn’t have expected anything but.
Reading the other reviews, I will agree it was crazy, busy, but the management and staff seemed to stay on top of all the issues. Everyone staying there or dinning there knew it was a weekend with a MAJOR event, so common. That is like going out to eat on a holiday and being expected to get a table and be in and out in 15 minutes. It is a newly opened property, new staff, start up issues, sure, but the staff could not have been any more accommodating and they never faulted during confrontations. Being polite and understanding gets you a lot further than being negative and unrealistic.
Today, I checked my reservations for my next stay, August 15, Kenny Chesney…..Weekend. I realized I made that reservation for Friday night, not Saturday, PANICED, I called the hotel and spoke with a manager who took care of my reservation without hesitation, knowing that the hotel was sold out. I was so impressed and happy he was able to take care of this for me, I kept the reservation for the night before. I look forward to my return trip to the Renaissance at Patriot Place, knowing in advance that the hotel will be busy, I am sure the staff will be as accommodating as my last visit.
KBS

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
south shore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

I received a nice call from the general manager, Mark Jeffries apologizing for the lack of service today - It was genuine and thoughtful. I will give the renaissance another chance...

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Gwent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

One of the better Marriot hotels we've stayed in, upon entering the hotel it wasn't easy to recognise reception, staff helpful and showed us where everything was. Room was big two large beds even a fridge which we requested, clean and even had a view of the stadium. Unfortunately we did not use any of the facilities, a bit disappointed with Patriot Place itself only about 50% of the retail spaces taken up, thought food outlets to be expensive ate at CBS scene alright i suppose DW had chicken / fries i had open rueben / fries 2 drinks $45 have had better and cheaper. I must say i am astonished by the other reviews because we had an excellent stay, but saying that when we left in the morning there were only 12 cars in the car park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed overnight for a concert this past weekend and expected first class treatment from this new establishment. Upon first sight, the lobby and rooms appeared pristine and we were all extremely excited to get a great night started. Once we attempted to grab a bite to eat and a couple drinks in the hotel restaurant (2 hours before the concert) however, things went downhill very quickly. Much like the reviewer before me, we waited hours to get one round of drinks and food that was not what we had ordered. The managers tried to downplay things by telling us that they were unprepared for such a large volume of people. Last time I checked, it was no secret that there was a sold out concert taking place at the stadium - plus, the hotel should've known how many people had reservations to stay at their hotel beforehand.
Overall, if you want to stay at this hotel on an off-night (without sports/concerts taking place), maybe you'd have a great experience. If you're going during a busy time, be prepared to foot a high bill and to receive less than professional treatment.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
NButcher, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place, responded to this review, July 29, 2009
The newly opened Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place experienced its first event last week when Gillette Stadium hosted the Elton John / Billy Joel Face 2 Face Tour. It was certainly a learning experience for us as we know we did not meet guest expectations, disappointing many. We have made sweeping changes for event days moving forward thanks to the feedback we received, both positive and negative. We will appreciate any further comments or suggestions and want future guests to know that our service delivery will meet our guest expectations for future events and we look forward to the opportunity to serve in the future.

Been to Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place? Share your experiences!