“Excellent Accomodations, Excellent Staff, Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early, Save for Fall
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Foxboro
Massachusetts
“Excellent Accomodations, Excellent Staff, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Check in date was 12/8/13 for a family member's 21st birthday celebration and New England Patriot's Football Game. From our first phone call to our check in and check out, everything went smoothly, the staff was above average from phone reservation staff, to check in staff, to valet parking staff, to the staff in the club lounge. We did not come across one member of the staff that did not go above and beyond the standard customer service. The location was great as its next door to the field where New England Patriots have their football games. After the football game, there are so many places to walk to for good food and drinks. The hotel and its staff was certainly above and beyond expectations. Hope the higher ups at the Marriott know what a great team of staff they currently have and hope they do what they can to keep them, as they seem to enjoy their jobs and enjoy going above and beyond to make their customers stay outstanding.

Room Tip: Seeing it was a relative's 21st birthday, we splurged and requested a room with view of Gilette...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Monroe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here on Thanksgiving night. The room was clean and decorated well. The front desk people were very nice. We stayed on the concierge floor. Breakfast was good and the lady working in there was very nice.

OK, here is the negative;
The shower, no door. The no door isn't the end of the world but, it does get a little cold. The other thing is not enough water pressure.

Even with the shower, it was a very nice place to stay. I would go there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

If you find this helpful, please click the helpful link below.
------------------------------------------

Location - right at Gillette! You can walk out the lobby to the many shops within walking distance. I would say best location hands down for a pats game. Look up Patriot place for a list of shops within walking distance. There are probably 7 restaurants right there as well.

Rooms - rooms were nice, updated, flat screens, nice bathrooms, pressure could have been better but heating was quiet and so was the toilet. Nice views of gillette stadium. Beds were VERY comfortable. WIFI COSTS EXTRA.

Restaurant - breakfast was excellent, a little pricey, 3 of us about $50. Great drinks in evening and was a happening place.

Pool - pool was nice and warm, big.

Gym - looked great - many people in there.

Cost - game weekend $219 a night. Non game weekends $159. Very little wiggle room - only 4 star for 10 miles.

Parking - so on game weekends you can park on Saturday in the parking lot no issues at all. The next morning you need to be gone by 11 - 12 or they will have an issue, you have to pay $50 to park when staying on game night. They offer valet. If you want to just go over to the mall you can, no charge for parking - just have to explain what your doing. BTW - they have a movie theatre... A pretty cool one and you can walk to the Hall of fame which I recommend, IT WAS AWESOME (and reasonable).

I would stay here again, my only complaint was the vodka bottles under our bed and the person in reservation who didnt want to remove the charge for wifi that my 11 y/o son signed into. They make it far too easy and he thinks all wifi is free . They need to clarify to everyone up front - its not free and its easy to sign up for.

Stayed November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my second stay at this property and it continues to be excellent all around. Comfortable and quiet with helpful and friendly staff. If you have a reason to be in this area, this is the only place to consider.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel at Patriot Place, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to review our hotel. We're pleased to hear that you have recommended us and we hope to see you again soon.

Best,
Clearfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

What can I saw but WOW. I was planning a surprise trip for my sister to go see the Patriots/Steelers play at Gillette Stadium and didn't have a clue where to stay or get tickets. Enter the Renaissance. They offered a one night stay plus two tickets to the game and more. The price on the Internet seemed to good to be true so I called the hotel directly. This friendly young lady answered the phone and I began to ask my questions. She not only told me everything I needed to know about the package, she filled me in on the area and what to expect on game day. Needless to say I booked it on the spot.

Six months later, its game day. Things were crazy getting to the hotel, but once there, the valet took our car gave us a warm welcome and we proceeded to the front desk. Now we are decked out in Steeler attire and when we approached the deck the staff all said welcome and started asking how our drive in was. It was like they were more excited than us. We were given our hotel room, game tickets and a surprise Patriot welcome pack with all sorts of fun stuff in it. And to top it off a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

Even though the Steelers lost, my sister could not have had a better time. We stopped in the restaurant after the game for a drink and bite to eat. Had the flat bread which was outstanding. Again waitress extremely friendly and said she was sorry about the Steeler loss - kind of Ha.

The next morning, we went down for breakfast - it was included in our package too and was greeted by yet another friendly gal. She even brought us to-go cups for our coffee to take with us on our drive home.

We headed for the front desk to make sure the bill was correct - parking and Internet was also included in the package and it was. The front desk manager thanked us again and said he was sorry the game didn't go our way. Had the valet bring our car around and we headed home a little sad for the Steelers but with great memories. Thank you everyone at the hotel for making my sisters special trip one she will not forget!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel at Patriot Place, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so pleased to hear that our friendly staff helped to make your stay memorable. We strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and we're happy to hear that we succeeded on your visit. We hope you'll come see us again next time you're out this way.

Best,
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed at the Renaissance a few times now and haven't been 'wowed' by the service specifically. The location is ideal for enjoying Patriot Place shopping, going to an event at the stadium, or enjoying dinner at one of the many restaurants right outside the door. But given the fact that they're the only hotel on site with virtually no competition they almost don't have to go above and beyond since the alternative is a Motel a few miles away. I booked a 2 bed room and upon checking in I was informed we would be staying in a room with a king size bed. Not ideal for 4 adults. They provided 2 cots which completely took over the room and made us feel like we were at summer camp in a room full of beds. I understand they only have so many rooms with certain beds but I did not appreciate the service and how I was spoken to when told what my options were. I'll likely be coming back because of the location and just hope my next experience will be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colwen_MGMT, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel at Patriot Place, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Jmgormley,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us; we value your feedback. Per Marriott policy, room types are not guaranteed, but we try our best to fulfill guest requests. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay. I hope you'll come back and see us again on your next visit to Foxborough.

Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here Saturday and Sunday nights to go to a Patriot's Game.

The hotel was very nice and clean.

We ate several times during the weekend at 28, in the hotel, which good. Clam Chowder and Salads excellent. All staff ( host, server and bar) excellent and attentive. One time, during a long wait, they took our cell phone number so we could enjoy other things while waiting. They ended up calling us 30 minutes early with a table. Service excellent.

Front desk staff welcoming and informative. Answered all of our questions and helped secure a ride to airport.

Plenty of dining, entertainment and shopping options right outside the door.

Decor nice, tastefully done with a subtle NE Patriots football theme ( check out lighting, mirror shapes, bedding, wall prints etc ... subtle but cool)

The only reasons I did not give this a "5" rating = due to re-stocking by housekeeping and climate control. Had to go to front desk several times for items that should have been replenished during normal room cleaning. Also, there seemed to be limits set on climate control in the rooms. I couldn't get room cool enough at night. And I like "fan / white noise" when sleeping but couldn't set the control to run the fan all night like I usually can in a hotel room.

Highly recommend, especially if going to Patriot's game or other activity at Gillette.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Foxborough
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#2 of 3 in Franklin
4.5 of 5 stars 287 reviews

Been to Renaissance Boston Hotel at Patriot Place? Share your experiences!