“Friendly, Fabulous Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Foxboro
Yorktown Heights, New York
“Friendly, Fabulous Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is clean and beautiful. It is in walking distance to Gillette Stadium, upscale shopping and a movie theater, and is a short drive to the Comcast Center in Mansfield, where we we had concert tickets. The front desk staff could not have been more helpful during our check-in, offering pre-printed driving directions to our destination and other suggestions. The dining staff graciously accommodated us on our tight time schedule. Very enjoyable visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I were there over the July 4th weekend and absolutely loved the hotel. The service from when you come in the door is great. Our server, I believe his name was Andreas, couldn't have been nicer. He took the time to chat and gave us some great suggestions on the menu. The last day we were there was a Sunday and we had the breakfast buffet. Again, we had the pleasure of Andreas serving us. The chef making the omelets was great and they were, quite frankly, the best omelets we have ever had. As we were finishing, I asked Andreas for the check and he said that it was taking care of. What a nice surprise! We will stay here everytime we come to the area, which is a lot since most of my wife's family lives in Foxboro.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Finally I found a good hotel around this area. This hotel is new, clean and the rooms are good size w/ comfortable beds. The only thing is that wifi didn't work in the room, so i had to go to the lobby for work and emails. I had a room facing the air handlers but I was not really looking or expecting a view. I tried the restaurant down stairs and the food and service were good.

• Stayed July 2013
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The front desk staff was extremely helpful in recommendations on places to eat. The room was very clean and a great distance to many restaurants. It's the best place to stay in the Boston area because it's away from all of the traffic and right next to a big shopping center.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fine because we had two separate rooms and both were excellent.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here after the Harvard Pilgrim Finish At The 50 on July 3rd. The property is beautiful, the hotel is beyond clean and is gorgeous. The staff are extremely cheery and very helpful. It was a great place to stay at, highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were recently at this great looking hotel for a soccer tournament, July 5 to 6, all was great till we realized we were staying on a floor were the party can continue no matter how many times you call the front desk and are promised it will be taken care of. That party went on from midnight till 230am. I guess the staff was waiting till people were intoxicated or just fell asleep. I have never written a review but what sparked to it for the poor answers I received from the staffs he next morning. Here are some of the questions I asked, 1 what's the protocol to get a room guest to stop the party after midnight?, answer= the guest is spoken to, 2 what is told or done if it doesn't stop?= He is given a warning. 3 what if nothing shanges? = if no change happens the guest will be asked to leave. Well like I stated previously I don't recal ever writing a review on anything but when I asked why did this protocol not be followed I was told our staff is reviewing what happend July 5 between midnight and 230 am I guess that's why I am also doing my review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scott W, Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Upon coming into the hotel on the morning of July 6th, I was made aware of the various rooms that we had issues with overnight on July 5th. I have since followed up with both our Night Audit ambassadors and the external security company that we utilize to make sure that everyone understands our expectations. If you wish to discuss this in any further detail or if there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me directly at swilliams@colwenhotels.com.

Scott Williams
Assistant General Manager
Boston, MA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance on a Saturday night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had won a gift certificate for one night and, while we live close by, we thought it would be fun to try the local tourist experience. I had to call twice to book our stay. The first time I called the number on the certificate I was told I had to call a different department. I was connected to voicemail in that department, left a message and never heard back. The next time I called the number on the certificate the woman who answered took the reservation.

The hotel looks very fresh and trendy. The décor and layout is current and appealing. Unfortunately, when we got to our room we ran into some problems. We tried to rent a movie but the sound kept crackling and cutting out. The front desk took that charge off our bill.

When we pulled the covers back to get into bed, the sheets were dirty. My skin crawls just typing this. There was only one bed in our room and the sheets had not been changed. I called downstairs and they sent someone up to change the sheets. Honestly, I think that kind of issue warrants an acknowledgment from a manager. No one called - there was no follow up.

Other things I wasn't impressed with: Only two (very thin) towels in the bathroom. I travel a lot for work and always find four towels in the bathroom. There was also no shampoo - just conditioner.

We were also in a hallway filled with families - lots of very noisy kids running up and down the hall, meltdowns at the elevator about who was going to push the button, etc. I don't blame the hotel for noisy families (I have kids of my own - they would NEVER be permitted to run up and down a hotel hallway screaming). I just mention it because if I were going to stay there again (I'm not), I'd remember to ask for a room far away from the elevator because the walls are paper thin.

When we checked out, the man at the desk was fairly awkward / unfriendly and didn't ask how our stay was. I wouldn't stay here again and I'd think twice before recommending it to anyone else.

Room Tip: There aren't a lot of great choices in Foxboro and this location is good. If you have to stay h...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Manager at Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. In regards to the issue you experienced regarding the cleanliness of the linen on your bed, please accept my sincere apologies. We outsource the cleaning of our linen to a commercial laundry facility and sometimes the linen comes back with rust and/or iron stains. Typically our housekeeping department will notice these items and remove them from our inventory. I am not 100% sure if this was the situation that you encountered, but I would be like to discuss this with you in further detail so that I can follow up accordingly on my end. Please feel free to contact me with your phone # at swilliams@colwenhotels.com, and I would be delighted to give you a call back.

Scott Williams
Assistant General Manager

Been to Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place? Share your experiences!