“You wont find a better hotel in New England” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Foxboro
Cincinnati, Ohio
“You wont find a better hotel in New England”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Renaissance for the past 3 years for work. During my relocation to the area, I spent 60 consecutive days at the hotel so I got to know the staff. By far, the best hotel staff I have ever experienced! Being a platinum marriott guy I see plenty of hotels and this group is absolutely the best. From the time you check in with Ashley, Amanda(s), Roxanne, Fayth, Erik to breakfast with Debbie (or Elias) and deserts with Nicole, these people are amazing. When I am there, I feel like family. Ashley and Amanda are great managers and they made me feel welcome. Amanda was extremely helpful scheduling and I really enjoyed our conversations. I would stay at the Renaissance Patriot Place any time. Any hotel can have nice decor, fancy dining, and a pool... but its the people that help you enjoy your stay. Wish they had a Hot Tub (Sorry Ashley!!)
One small side story... My wife was 8 months pregnant when I was staying there and everyone would ask how she was doing. The interest of all the staff was very nice. When I left, I got a card from Debbie wishing us the best with our new child. It was so simple, and so unassuming... but so meaningful. She is a great asset to the company. Ashley even sent me an email to find out if it was a boy or a girl! I could go on and on. Dont look anywhere else. Stay at the Renaissance. - Ben

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Basking Ridge, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

As usual, we had a huge Pokemon tournament at Gillette Stadium. (Which btw, blows my own Giants Stadium out of the water - wow!) Anyway, along with the stadium and Patriot Place, we stayed at the hotel on the grounds which is the Renaissance. I managed to get a great rate at $189 per night compared to $219-$249 that our other friends were getting. It could be due to the fact that I booked this MONTHS in advance and not just a couple of weeks earlier. For $189, we had a great stay. The hotel is lovely, the restaurant has really fantastic sirloin and homemade pizza ($7 for kids meal with fresh pizza!!) and the rooms were very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was that our lamp shade looked out of place in the room (ugly and used) compared with the rest of the room.
Oh, do NOT use their internet though. Slow and expensive. Gillette Stadium offered us free wi-fi so we went with that when we were in their facilities. Otherwise, we just used our own plans for the internet as that was cheaper than what the Renaissance was offering.
We did not go into the pool but it seemed fine and there were lots of people using it. And unfortunately, I did not get a chance to check out the spa. We stayed for 2-night and the beds were comfortable, although I would have liked larger pillows.
Again, very nice stay and fantastic food (a bit pricey but so much tastier than what they have at Patriot Place.)
Huge tip: Do NOT buy into the Concierge Lounge level on the weekends!!! They close it each weekend and only open it during the week.

Room Tip: Huge tip: Do NOT buy into the Concierge Lounge level on the weekends!!! They close it each weekend...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Essex, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Erik was patient and creative in solving a few glitches during my check-in. He helped me find appropriate and interesting activities in the area for my college kids and also had suggestions for my professional and family dining needs. His patience and cheerful manner set the tone for a great stay. Thank you, Erik - You made me want to stay at Renaissance again!

Room Tip: When you have a problem, instead of complaining, be part of the solution - be reasonable but speak u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brewster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed here three different times for a yearly conference. I really like the location and the cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms are nice, modern, clean and comfortable. I find it to be unfortunate that the hotel charges $10.95 per day for in room interent access. That to me is a huge downside for a hotel. Also, this would not be a hotel I would take my young children to because it is fancier. Patriot Place is well set-up so that you can walk to a number of restaurants, stores and the stadium is right there. If you are looking for a high-end, kid free hotel, then this will work fine. Otherwise, you will probably want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here 2 times and the place is very clean, great views of the stadium. The bed and pillows were nice, the room was big and the bathrooms were nice. There are plenty of bars/restaurants to choose from and it is nice on a warm summer night to hang out at the outdoor bar. We had breakfast at the hotel because it was included in our package and the meal was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our room was top notch. Huge with views of the stadium. All the amenities you could want. Unfortunately we had a group of folks that decided to disrupt everyone near their rooms at 1-2am. It took the threat of security being called by someone yelling in the hallway to calm them down. We were there for a birthday party and not some crazy sporting event that would lead to this kind of noise. Anyhow it was a great room for the night we stayed there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beverly, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently opted to stay at the Renaissance in Foxboro while attending a funeral in Pawtucket. We stayed on a Wednesday night and were upgraded to the Club level due to my husband's Platinum status with Marriott. From the time we walked in the front door we were greeted with extremely friendly staff. After reading previous reviews I meant to request a non-connecting room (which is usually a standard request) but I forgot. Of course we got a connecting room and conversation from the other side could be heard. My husband called to ask for a non-connecting room and was immediately told that they were sold out. A few minutes later we received a call to move us down the hall. The trade off was that we had a much smaller room and matching bathroom. For one night we could live with this. The big problem was that there was no mirror except for the one over the bathroom sink! Kind of hard to get dressed and check yourself out before heading out for the day/night. The staff in the Club room were wonderful and the food was ok for free. Nice to have places to eat and shop outside the hotel door. As for cleanliness, there was a good size spot of something pink on the carpet. Hmmm.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room, hopefully "regular" size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Renaissance Boston Hotel at Patriot Place? Share your experiences!