“Not Worth Your Time...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Fitchburg
Massachusetts
“Not Worth Your Time...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I'm 15 and, other than waiting in line for 20 minutes for a 20 second water slide ride, there was nothing to do. My 9 year old brother somewhat enjoyed it, but It's WAY too over crowded with people and not the cleanest place. Now, I'm also not a pool expert, but I'm pretty sure the water shouldn't be as cloudy as it was. It didn't look very sanitary. And I know they're not doing it to be mean, it's their job, but the lifeguards were very strict and wouldn't allow much "fun" for the kids and they were bored. The food was VERY over priced ($30+ for 2 hotdogs, a side of fries, a burger and a drink) and their registers weren't working, so you could only use cash. There was no place to sit and 4/7 stalls in the women's bathroom were out of order. Overall, It wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. After you leave, you'll probably think that $100 you spent for your family to go would be better spent buying extra groceries for the week...Just saying.

Visited February 2013

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Great time for stressed parents, and cooped children”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I believe that it is no longer at the Marriott, it is now Holiday in, however I bought 4 of my children annual passes, and we used them until we couldn't use them anymore. Great place for winter blues. The drinks and food are pricey just the same as any kids attraction, but still a funfilled place. I live local so I have no need to buy food and drink, we go for the fun only.

Visited March 2012
Boston, MA
6 attraction reviews
“Kids had fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

After reading all of the review of the Coco Key water park in Fitchburg, MA I went with appropriate expectations that it will be crowded, the service will be subpar and the cleanliness may not be the best.

Note: This was my first visit to an indoor water park so I have nothing to compare it to.

I purchased a discounted weekend pass and most importantly my sons ages 2 and 6 had a great time. We went the weekend of JFK holiday.

The good:
- My online discounted pass was accepted with no issues
- The park was definitely busy, and in any public facility you have no control over the different personalities you will find but there were a lot of lifeguards attempting to keep kids from running and going down the slides one at a time. So I did not experience any issues with the crowd
- There were plenty of life jackets for my boys who wanted to wear them
- There was enough there to keep the kids busy... for a day.
- There were instances where one of the pools was shut down for 1 hour because a child had an accident in it. This is typical of any public pool.

The not-so-good:
- The restrooms could have been kept cleaner. I definitely wore my sandals in there.
- There is definitely a lack of seats. I found many people would leave there belongings on or under a table just for a place to keep them and not be using the table.
- The people working at the Pizza Hut, the only place for food in the water park were very rude. Not to mention they ran out of full-size pizza at noon and said it would be 1-3 hours until they could make more. Really? How does Pizza Hut run out of pizza???
- There was not enough to keep my kids entertained for 2 full days

Summary:
I would consider going back for 1 day if the discount comes available again. It would not be worth it to me to pay full price. The kids had fun and that it what matters the most. If you are plannign to eat lunch there, order your $14 small pizza early before they run out.

Visited January 2013
Concord, Massachusetts
“Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I am writing this and really want people to read it. I just left this place and was completely disgusted. Other CoCo Keyes have been great but this one in the heart fitchburg one of the armpits of Mass is truly gross. The place was so over crowded i wondered if it was safe and to the standards of the fire mashall. There was seating for say 250 people with 1500 in the place. The menu was very poor. It was great if you loved fattening food and judging from the customers that was not an issue. My kids were happy with the slides and tubes at the top of 4 flights of stairs. I noticed the advantage of this was the obese clould not climb the steps so the lines were not that long. The pools were not clean. In fact while i was there they had to take a soiled diaper out of the pool and close it. Definitely a bad experience.

Visited January 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Water park was fun Kids had a good time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We made a weekend out of this. I definately would not do this again. Great place for a day visit but it gets boring after to long. Only other comlaints are that it can get crowded and you have to get there early to get a good spot. Otherwise..... kids loved it. Dont stay at the hotel whatever you do.

Visited May 2012