After reading all of the review of the Coco Key water park in Fitchburg, MA I went with appropriate expectations that it will be crowded, the service will be subpar and the cleanliness may not be the best.
Note: This was my first visit to an indoor water park so I have nothing to compare it to.
I purchased a discounted weekend pass and most importantly my sons ages 2 and 6 had a great time. We went the weekend of JFK holiday.
- My online discounted pass was accepted with no issues
- The park was definitely busy, and in any public facility you have no control over the different personalities you will find but there were a lot of lifeguards attempting to keep kids from running and going down the slides one at a time. So I did not experience any issues with the crowd
- There were plenty of life jackets for my boys who wanted to wear them
- There was enough there to keep the kids busy... for a day.
- There were instances where one of the pools was shut down for 1 hour because a child had an accident in it. This is typical of any public pool.
- The restrooms could have been kept cleaner. I definitely wore my sandals in there.
- There is definitely a lack of seats. I found many people would leave there belongings on or under a table just for a place to keep them and not be using the table.
- The people working at the Pizza Hut, the only place for food in the water park were very rude. Not to mention they ran out of full-size pizza at noon and said it would be 1-3 hours until they could make more. Really? How does Pizza Hut run out of pizza???
- There was not enough to keep my kids entertained for 2 full days
I would consider going back for 1 day if the discount comes available again. It would not be worth it to me to pay full price. The kids had fun and that it what matters the most. If you are plannign to eat lunch there, order your $14 small pizza early before they run out.
If you own or manage Coco Key Water Resort at Courtyard by Marriott Fitchburg, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.