“Great Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Recently my husband and I visit Falmouth, MA and we stayed at the Inn on the Square. The location is very convenient and the facility is well kept. There's a bike trail right around the corner. You're within walking distance of Falmouth Center and all the shops and restaurants there. You're within walking distance of the Steamship Authority's Palmer parking lot which shuttles you to and from Woodshole. This is great because you can leave your car at the Inn and catch the shuttle to the ferry in Woodshole and go to Martha's Vineyard. Better yet, you could bike to the ferry on the bike path, take your bike with you to the Vineyard (roundtrip for the bike is about $8.00 and $16pp) and just continue biking when you reach MV. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable. We had some trouble with the DVD player and the young woman they sent to help didn't know what to do but we eventually figured it out on our own. Unlike some of the others who traveled to the Inn, my husband and I found the staff to be very pleasant and overall they did a good job. Everyone was friendly.
Though I wouldn't recommend it, there's a place to eat breakfast right there. It is worth it to walk across the street to Coffee Obsession or go further to Pickle Jar (my favorite) for your morning meal.
Because the Inn is located right on Route 28 it's very easy to locate. Also convenient to going to other locations on the Cape (Hyannis, Yarmouth, Denis, Craigville Beach) for a nice day trip.

Room Tip: Main building second floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for being our guests at the Inn on the Square and writing such a great review. We are pleased to hear that our staff, our amenities, and the hotel itself met/exceeded your expectations.

The hotel proximity to the Martha’s Vineyard ferry makes us the ideal choice for your stay in Falmouth. Additionally, we are at the beginning of Falmouth’s popular Main Street, filled with quaint shops and area restaurants. With the charm of a cottage and the amenities of a full-service hotel, we hope that you will once again choose the Inn on the Square for your next Falmouth stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year wedding anniversary. During check-in we arrived very late, 1am and it took a while to find someone to check us in but once we were checked in everything was great. We stayed in the cottage and it was very clean room and nice comfortable bed. It is a bit dated but has the New England charm. The hotel is located in the outer cape so it was easy for us to drive to Well Fleet and drive out from the Cape easily without too much traffic. We are close enough to the downtown to walk to get food. We loved the food options.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Waxhaw, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We waited too long before our trip before we booked a hotel in Falmouth. We did not want to drive to Martha's Vineyard, so we stayed at The Inn on the Square the night prior to walking on to the ferry. We ended up at this inn because it was the last place in town with a vacancy. And, after spending one night, I know why. First, we were placed in a 2-bed room in the cottage. In the room, they have crammed two double beds, a desk, a fridge, and a dresser. There is only room for about two less items, so,there is no space in the room to even walk around. Your luggage will fill the floors pace available. And the noise! The rooms have no insulation above, below, or in the walls. Our room was on the first floor under the stairs, so we were awoken at 530am with the bang-bang-bang noise of roll-aboard suitcases being dragged down the stairs.

In the morning, I needed coffee, real coffee. The hotel offers in-room coffee for you to make, but no coffee is made available in the lobby reception area. When I asked the front desk clerk, she rudely told me that I should return to my room and make my own. When I asked her for a second choice, like a coffee shop, she pointed me into their on-site restaurant, Percy's, where I had yet another rude encounter with the restaurant hostess who insisted that I had ordered black coffee after she returned to me with my ordered to-go cup, but without any cream.

Soon after, I asked the front desk clerk for advice on where to park for the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. She was unable to help me, telling me that I should look up the ferry info in the local guidebook.

All in all. I felt really unwelcome at The Inn on the Square. If they don't work on their customer service (and the noise!), they will have a difficult time filling those vacancies.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor of The Cottage -- too noisy!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Douglas, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great location, pretty central to everything. Downtown is a short walk away and there are several great eating establishments locally. Whether walking or biking, the trails are very close by. The front desk was friendly, helpful and professional. I had a little trouble with Wi-Fi and the TV and I called the front desk and they were there right away, only took a moment to fix. I loved my room, very comfortable, clean. The king-sized bed was very comfortable. Overall, a pleasant stay, yes I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, August 15, 2014

We hope that you will once again choose the Inn on the Square for your next Falmouth stay.
Del Mar, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel is located near the square in Falmouth. It is also near downtown Falmouth. It is also located near the bike trail. The trail is a great place to run, walk or bike. The route follows along the water. The people at the front desk are very helpful and nice. The room was very average. It could definitely use an update. Overall a 3 star hotel based upon the room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
srnhg, Owner at Inn on the Square, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Inn on the Square. We appreciate your feedback.

Many of our guests comment that by booking directly on the hotel’s website they have access to the widest selection of available room types, packages, and promotions. In addition, our professional reservationists welcome the opportunity to assist you in determining the best offering to meet your needs. We very much appreciate the opportunity to take your call and help.

We hope that you were able to take advantage of the many hotel amenities available to all our guests including a private courtyard and sundeck, a lobby business center, free coffee and tea at the hotel, wireless internet through the hotel, and free parking.

Thirsk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in July/Aug 2014 which included my birthday - quickly noticed and commented on by a member od staff as we checked in.
We had a king room which was at the side on 2nd floor.
The room was quiet with a large bathroom.( The refrigerator was a bit noisy but we got used to that. Although the room was a little dark it was not an issue.
We had breakfast each day at Perseys which was delightful.
The position of the hotel is perfect, nicely away from the the "busier " part of town and yet an easy walk from all the main amenities.
The staff were pleasant and helpful.
I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: We had 242 but I can't comment on the others
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed at the Inn on the Square due to its location near Falmouth Center and its in-house restaurant, Persey's Place - one of my favorite breakfast spots. The staff was friendly, the room was spotless, and the price was reasonable for the Cape mid-season.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!