“great stay in Falmouth!” 4 of 5 stars

Inn on the Square
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 N Main St, Falmouth, MA 02540   |
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Middletown, Rhode Island, United States
“great stay in Falmouth!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Inn on the Square for two nights for a wedding in Mashpee just recently. Unfortunately the weather wasn't great, raining most of the time, but we had fun none the less! We used the hotel's indoor pool both days we stayed and the front desk gave us some tips about where to go in town to eat and shop. (there was a fantastic tea room on Main street that I fell in love with) The rooms were super clean and well maintained, sheets were all starched and bright white. Most of the guests at the wedding were staying at an awful place in Hyannis, Everyone was very jealous of our hotel and said they would check it out on their next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

401 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Santa Barbara, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The wife and I stayed 3 nights here recently and I offer the following: the onsite staff (housekeeping and front desk) were all really excellent while the offsite reservation staff is less so. My strongest recommendation is to reconfirm any and all reservation details with the front desk. Previous postings have indicated that the street facing rooms are subject to considerable road noise. I can confirm this as our first night was in one of these rooms and even though we were beat dead tired we still couldn't get any sleep. The front desk moved us the next morning and I've got to say that it made a night and day difference. I would stay here again.

Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a short trip to the cape. While the staff is beyond helpful, there are issues with the hotel that are out of their control.
The room we were in was separate from the hotel. This meant, when it rained (which it did the whole time), we had to walk outside to get ice or use the pool, or anything related to the hotel.
The room itself was terrible. For what we paid, I would have expected much better accommodations. The room was beyond small, the photos that are online depict rooms completely different from how the rooms really are. Y
You can walk one person at a time at the foot of the bed to cross from the bedroom entry to the bathroom. The bedding was still damp on the bed when we got there.
The TV was not working properly, and while they did someone to fix it, there were just so many things wrong that should have been checked in advance for a one night stay, it was just not enjoyable.
I also must disagree with the location ratings. The hotel is on the tip of Main street, so while it is walkable, you are still talking a 1/4 mile walk to get to restaurants etc.-it s not as though you are in the heart of square.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just returned from a last minute stay at the Inn on the Square. After reading so many negative TA reviews I was a bit hesitant, but knew to make certain requests with the Inn when booking so that I did not run into the same problems as others here.

Requested and received an early check-in on a Sunday for a King sized bedroom with Jacuzzi. Check in was quick and easy and all of the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I also requested a quiet room away from the pool. They put us in a secluded back corner that was easy to get to, and away from the busier common areas. The room was immaculate, not a speck of soap scum on the jacuzzi or shower. Sheets were clean, everything was easy to find and use. There was a dvd player in the room as well, should we have been stuck inside. The only negative I had was that the bedskirt was old and dusty and had some interesting looking stains on it. It was obvious that doesn't ever get changed, but other than that it was perfect for a nice night away. Jacuzzi filled up fast and with plenty of very hot water, room AC was cold, but easily adjustable-unlike so many other places. Well worth the money and will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: back corner rooms behind the restaurant were very quiet.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

My Fiancé and I booked at the last minute on a hotel website. We had very affordable rates for summer, in town, and in season. The room is updated with granite everything and a surprisingly comfortable king size bed. Very lose to everything. Park the car at the hotel and enjoy a walk around town. I will tell everyone to stay here for great service and an affordable weekend getaway.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked the Inn on the Square for an overnight business trip back in April. I chose it because I had work to do in Mashpee, and there are zero hotels in Mashpee. Falmouth was reasonably close and after taking a look at options, Inn on the Square seemed to be the best bet.

On the website, they have beautiful pictures of the exterior, the courtyard, and the rooms. When I got there in person, the exterior was nice - very "Cape" just as shown in the pictures. Check in was alright - the front desk staff gave me a bit of aggravation because I was checking in early. Common spaces were fine. There was a big brochure display with pamphlets highlighting all the area attractions - not something you usually find in the nicer hotels that have concierges who will make recommendations based on your interests.

The room was so so. Furniture was dated and looked a bit country. The bathroom was in need of an update and not well lit. One nice unexpected feature - there was a mini-fridge in the room.

The indoor pool looked like it could use some attention. I was also surprised that there wasn't any sort of fitness room.

Location is alright - it's an easy walk to Main Street where there are some nice restaurants and boutiques.

My stay was fine, but given all the options in the area, I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SE PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Four day getaway to the Cape. Inquired previously to several Tripadvisor top rated selections for hotels. We were very pleased with our decision to sellect the "Inn", rather than some of the pricier, and out-of-the-way places higher on the reviews list. Good parking, and located across the street from a great bike rental shop (they have Trek road bikes, not just "grannies"). Shining Sea bike trail (10.6 miles) is located a very short ride behind the hotel.

Stayed in a very spacious one-bedroom suite. Albeit a bit noisy in the AM due to being on the end of the hotel and at the corner / intersection traffic of the main drag and road to the bus terminal. Being early risers, that didn't confound us, but need be taken into consideration for the sleep-in folks.

Overall, a very nice experience

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on the Square? Share your experiences!