“very accommodating and hospitable.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Short Hills, New Jersey
“very accommodating and hospitable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

The holiday inn in falmouth staff were very accommodating and hospitable. The chef prepared meals that were perfect and the dining staff were extremely courteous and helpful. In addition, the housekeeping staff were also very helpful! Looking forward to going back next December!

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

When my husband and i got to the hotel we were so tired from the flight and the drive from Boston. We were greeted by Sofia with a smile that i forgot i was tired. She was on the phone, she looked up smile and said be with you one moment. The room was not ready and she switch us to a room that was. The hotel did not have lunch and she recommend palces on main street and also gave us menu's to order in. She was very informative, pleasant and very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The restuarant was also great, Wanda was our waitress and she did well. I would recommend this hotel anytime. Great staff.

Room Tip: Not a lot to offer in Falmouth, but its okay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIFalmouth, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Sophia and Wanda know that they contributed to your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Heather
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were good sized and very clean. The pool was immaculate. Stayed here with 3 young children and kids eat free at the on site restaurant! There is a nice playground right up the road and plenty of stores and restaurants a short drive away. All in all it is what I would expect from a Holiday Inn with the added bounus of a great staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
HIFalmouth, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and your family! Hearing that you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe Travels

Heather Powers
boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here with my children expecting to stay Fri, Sat and Sunday nights. We arrived at 3pm for check-in and were given a room that reeked of cigarette smoke. There were even ashes all over the windowsill. When I complained and asked for a new room the desk agent told us the hotel was full and she would have housekeeping see what they could do. We waited over an hour in the lobby with three young kids -- you can imagine how that went. After an hour, we were told it would be a while longer. We took the kids out to a local park and returned at 5:30 pm. Again we were told there were no other rooms, but housekeeping would take care of it. I went to check the room and nothing had been done in 2 1/2 hours. Eventually (6:30pm) they sent someone to spray air freshener all over the room. When I complained that it still smelled awful, they gave us another room down the hall that was equally smokey and had a wet carpet from being recently cleaned. At that point I gave in and put my kids to bed. It was a disgusting experience. We stayed that night, but did not stay for the rest of the weekend.

The restaurant food was the same as you would find at a Holiday Inn Express buffet, but served by a waiter -- which was strange. On a positive note -- the pool is nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear jk5t,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize for the experience you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. Unfortunately, your account settings do not allow us to send you a Private Message. You are welcome to reach out to us via email at IHGCare@ihg.com or you may send us a Private Message through TripAdvisor to IHGCare including reference to your TripAdvisor Account Name so we can follow up on your concerns. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Overview: Stayed 3 nights in Oct 2013. 2 Adults and 1 teenager.2 Double Beds. Gov't rate of about $98.00.

PROS:
Clean room- Comfy beds (2 adults (5'5 & 6'1 both avg weight) fit just right in the double bed) - Lots of pillows - HBO - Excellent service (had to stay in town an extra night, they were booked, but Anne made us reservations at a nearby B&B) - Late check out (1:30pm) - Gstore is right up the street

CONS:
No breakfast! - No fridge ( We did poparts and PB sandwichs, and other non perishables) - Not exactly within walking distance of attractions or the main drag - Small room, but well organized and compartmentalized (if that makes sense :-)

Bottom Line:
Do compare to the numerous B&B's in the area w. the following in mind:
- walkability
- breakfast
- fridge & Mic (Don't want to spend too much $ on face stuffing/fast food. Save it for activities & dinners out)
- of course price

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Amy know that she contributed to your experience. I'm so sorry that you weren't satisfied with not having breakfast included in the room rate. Did you know that Holiday Inn offers a great Best 4 Breakfast package? Its a great package where breakfast is included in the room rate for a great added value! We currently do not have fridges in all of our rooms, however, upon request, we may have one available for a small fee per night.
Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Falmouth.

Heather Powers
Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location, it's close to Falmouth Center and there is water directly across the street. There was plenty of parking available in the hotel parking lot.

Heather assisted us at the front desk; she was very friendly and made sure the hotel room reserved would meet all of our needs. Once we checked into the room we were impressed with how clean it was.

Overall everything was great and we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HIFalmouth, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Falmouth/ Cape Cod. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Heather was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with her. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Sheryl
Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I pulled up to the hotel after a long three hour drive to find no public trash in site. I asked the one front desk staff member (young, caucasion girl working around 2:00PM on Saturday 9/1) where I could throw some empty McDonald's bags and she didn't respond. I made my way to finally finding a trash in the public restroom (the small one at the desk in the lobby was already overflowing and gross.) We arrived for a Saturday check in early by an hour and the african american woman at the front desk graciously let us know she would do her best to accomodate. The weird part was an absolute screming over walkie talkies between the housekeepers who were not answering and herself. It was entirely unprofessional, for which she did deeply apologize but it was awkward that the staff was not responding to the manager. She was SO helpful with getting us in a room early, but the other girl at the desk who ignored my trash question couldn't be bothered to break a smile. I tried to make small talk about the wedding gift bags behind the desk and she did not utter a sound. It was very off putting. I was there later when the same girl checked my friend in and she was actually RUDE to my friend, telling her there was no possible way to accomodate being near the rest of our party. That is understandable, but she snapped at her.

The room was fine. It was average and I would have expected closer to a $150 rate instead of the $199 we paid, but I guess that is the Cape for you. Hair dryer was in a weird place behind the door which made drying your hair close the door awkwardly. We stayed two nights and one housekeeper met us in the hallway asked if we wanted our room done up in a very pleasant manner. We said no and she let us know not to hesitate to ask if we changed our mind.

The biggest disappointment was that the hotel bar was not open to us on Sunday night after the wedding we attended ended at 11:00. This was Sunday night of a holiday weekend (Labor Day) and we made it very clear upon check in that we were here for a Sunday wedding. This could have at least been mentioned to us upon check in conidering last call should be at 12:30PM.

Check out was another issue. Our bank account was showing two charges from the hotel, none of which matched the bill that was slid under our door. My husband questioned the front desk agent who told us not to worry. When he said he was worried and that was why he was asking, she said wait a day and it would be corrected. We had nothing to do but trust her and it was a very unsatisfactory resolution at the time to drive seven hours home not knowing if our bill would right itself.

If you are in Falmouth and can get a good rate stay here. Otherwise, splurge on a hotel that has a more refined experience. It will be worth the money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I am truly sorry about your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn't helpful. We strive to ensure our guest service agents and other team members know how much we value your business. I apologize for any issues you had.

Heather
Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth? Share your experiences!