“Seen better days” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
Fairfax, Vermont
“Seen better days”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

With other hotels/motels full or requiring 3 night minimum, there were very few options for Falmouth race weekend. We had stayed here before during the same weekend a few years ago, so we knew what to expect. The only positive part of our stay was its location. It was close enough to walk to downtown shops and restaurants.

When I originally made my reservation, I asked about late checkout on Sunday. They told me to ask at check-in. When checked in on Friday afternoon, I asked again, and they told me come back in the morning. When I went back in the morning, there was no one behind the counter. When I finally got to speak with someone, they said checkout was no later than 12 noon on Sunday.

Our room did have a musty smell, and my wife and I were blowing and sneezing while we were in the room. Beds were creaky.

If we go to Falmouth in the future, we will book earlier elsewhere.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

when i checked in they made me sign an agreement whereby i wouldn't leave my dog in the room when i wasn't in the room. when i booked the reservation and told them i was bringing my dog they conveniently didn't tell me about this policy. i have traveled alot with my dog and never stayed in a hotel with such a policy. i don't leave my dog alone for hours on end when i travel but it would have been nice to have a few meals alone. beware if you travel with your dog to falmouth. don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dedham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Worse place I have ever stayed.
Place was filthy, sheets were soiled, no bath towels( told they were out of them).TV did not work and the bathroom ceiling was leaking water from bathroom toilet upstairs. There were people hanging out in the hallways smoking at will and drinking. The whole place reaked of cigarette smoke.
After an hour wait with water leaking in the bathroom a staff member in bare feet and smelling of alcohol showed up and looked at ceiling..said he would be back but never came back.At this point we spoke the manager owner Gerry and told him that we were canceling our stay he said fine. Well now we find that our credit card has been charged and thehotel is saying we stayed there...Check out other cooments such as booking.com..BBB rating is a "D"...

• Stayed July 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Toilet leaking into our room, dirty towels, stained sheets, broken tv, rude staff, smoke in halls, doorways (non-smoking hotel), loud tenants living there looked like homeless drug addicts. Only complained about leak and towels - rude staff didn't help, so immediately requested refund. Did not stay there at all. Went to another hotel. My credit card was still charged. When I called to complain, they stated I did stay one night. This is the most filthy disgusting place ever!
(I have BBB complaint filed, my CC company has credited my account d/t my good standing with them, but I am fighting for them to be reimbursed by this sleazy operation.)

Room Tip: Ask hotels if they have residents who live AND work there...might be a sign that it is run down. Pic...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Run-down place that we had to stay at because of ferry schedule and no other available room. Do not stay here even if you have to. I would suggest tearing it down, and starting anew. Old, outdated. First impression: room door broken. Toilet leaking. So-called smoke-free room reeked of smoke to the point of being unusable. Full place so no alternate room available. Management clearly does not care at all - no refund, no discount, no customer service for not delivering at all in promised accommodation. Don't waste your money. Move on quickly.

Stayed August 2014
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We booked this hotel for its nearby location to the Woods Hole ferry, as I suspect many people do.

There was one overworked young man behind the desk. Just one. He was answering phones, checking people in, answering questions, unlocking the pool door (more on that later) and doing just about everything else on a Friday afternoon. He said that a second worker wouldn't be joining him until 6 PM.

The rooms were dank and the hallways dirty. When we looked out the window into the parking lot, we saw a man relieving himself. We booked two rooms with a request for them to be adjoining or at least near each other. They ended up being on two different floors. The rollaway cot we ordered looked like it had been constructed in 1940…complete with a heavy, dusty metal frame and springs that poked through the thin mattress.

We were shown the indoor pool and after walking around the perimeter and eyeing the murky green bottom with suspicion, decided against swimming.

The two rooms we stayed in cost $200/night per room…I have never gotten so little value for my money.

Driving around Falmouth and Woods Hole, we didn't notice many hotels or inns that looked a whole lot better. These communities seem to exploit people who have early morning ferries to catch and are forced to stay in overpriced dumps.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My son and I stayed here for one night as part of a tour. We did not know how much it cost. The place is bit old. There is no computer in the lobby; breakfast is not offered; TV is old. But the bed is comfortable; there is an indoor swimming pool; food can be found in a nearby mall. It is close to the dock where you can take "Island Queen" to Martha's Vineyard.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Falmouth Inn? Share your experiences!