“Basic "no frills" room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
DeWitt, Michigan
“Basic "no frills" room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

It was late at night and this hotel was near a lighthouse we wanted to visit the next day. The night desk clerk was very helpful and polite. After checking out several rooms, we settle for a standard room on the second floor with two double beds. The curtains in our room wouldn't close, the beds were a bit uncomfortable for us, and (except for the flat screen TV) the décor and furniture were inexpensive looking. We had to ask for an ice bucket. In the bathroom, the bath mat was made of "absorbent paper". There were not that many guests at the hotel the night we were here so it was quiet.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Randolph, Vt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel, because it was close to the person I was there to visit. Centrally located on the main drag and there was a nice hot pot of coffee in the lobby in the mornings. I didn't pay a whole lot for the two nights....and I'm not complaining, just saying, that the TV cabinet intrudes into the room, making passing in front of it ackward (you have to close the doors of the cabinet, then open them back up, each time)....my bed was comfy though....I think there's a Dairy Queen across the street, although I drove about a mile to McD's for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed here in December, off season rates were very reasonable. Hotel is very basic but a great location right on the main road near restaurants. Front desk staff was very helpful in bringing extra towels and recommending places to eat.

Room Tip: It is a very big place. If you have noisy neighbors you can ask to be relocated to a different area.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Only paid $150 a night and I got exactly what I paid for. The staff is great and very helpful. Hotel is close to everything and this made my visit very relaxing. They have a four star restaurant right in the hotel. Also a heated pool and game room. Free wifi in the lobby. Since I do not visit much I had many questions and the staff had answers for all of them.

Stayed December 2013
Fall River
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This place is an absolute DUMP! I don't know where to start. Rooms are in deplorable, minimal to no amenities. Counter left unattended all the time, no phones, no outlets. I was thankful to have hot water.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel is really big,it should be properly used by its owners and is in a great location of Falmouth.But the poor thing looks abandoned. I was looking for a place to stay just for one night for me and my two kids, to catch the boat the next day to M.V.

The first thing that I noticed was when I got into the room the entrance light was burnt out. The room was freezing and the heater was not working.I tried calling the front desk and the phone wasn't working, and the phone lines were all in a knot. I went to the lobby and asked for another room. They said wait a little more in a very rude way! The room continued to be cold. I went back after 3 times again and still in a rude manner I finally got another room.There is no free internet service.The hallways were freezing cold!Do hotel was empty. I think there was only about five people in that 267 rooms that they have. I felt like I was in that movie Vacancy!

The second room I got into the lights were burnt out too,but the heater did work. The phone did not work either. The plugs that the lamps were plugged to I had to change them so I could get light into the room.They do have good channels. And there was a leak from the window onto the air conditioner from the rain.I did not ask if they had breakfast, but just to let you know there is none,only some coffee and I went to gets some cookies under the plastic and the was a fly in it. It's not very clean but if you are just looking for a place to stay just in a hurry and you really don't care about anything go for it. But this is my last time there!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Arrived late at night before a roadrace early next morning. Got settled into room and then found that toilet didn't work at all. How convenient when just wanted to get a little sleep. Wish i had seen the other poor reviews before choosing this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Falmouth Inn? Share your experiences!