“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 22 hotels in Falmouth
Clinton, Connecticut
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Sea Crest for my Birthday this past weekend, and after looking at many locations on the Cape, I picked this one and I could not have been happier. The staff was so friendly and the room was great. I am very fussy about hotels and this one exceeded my expectations. We had an ocean front room with a balcony. We heard the waves crashing all night and it was so peaceful. The towels were plusher than many hotels and I have never had such a comfortable pillow at a hotel. I usually can't sleep without my own, but these were great. When the desk heard it was my birthday we were upgraded and were even given a nice coupon for breakfast. They could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It is a bit of a drive to go to parts of the cape, but we drove all the way to Provincetown and after seeing many strip type motels on the main road, it was a pleasure to come back to our hotel tucked away down on the ocean. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Room Tip: We stayed in #323 right on the ocean, awesome room. The only issue is it has stairs and no elevato...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My Wife and I have had a wonderful time. The staff is more than friendly and very helpful. Whoever designed your resort certainly captured the beauty of the beach and bay. Our compliments to the Chef..the food was delicious. We can't wait to bring the grandkids here. Luckily you're only a short drive from our home in Mattapoisett. We'll be back very soon...very soon. Good job folks and thank you again.

Room Tip: Front desk is very helpful.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I requested a handicap accessablle room on the first floor. Was given a room on the third floor, over looking the parking lot. All the beach front rooms are only accessable by stairs. No mirco waves available. No face clothes. All function rooms are only accessable by stairs. This place is obviously not handicap capable. Many HP parking spaces, but nothing else. Only one restaurant for hundreds of rooms. No breakfast included in the room rate. I was told a standard room goes for $346 to $368 a night plus $15.00 hotel fee, plus taxes, in season. Ocean front rooms go for over $700 per night, plus $15.00 hotel fee, plus taxes, in season. SERIOUSLY!!! Yeah, they have a beach. The indoor pool is only accessable via going outside the building (in the cold of winter). They call it a luxury resort, but only the cost is a luxury. If you don't want to eat at the hotel, it is in a poor location to other restaurants. You better know your way around Falmouth if you want to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room when you check in. If you are paying seasonal rates, you may be stuck in one of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Commentmaker (username)
The Sea Crest Beach Hotel has been renovated over the past 3 years in several stages which included our guestrooms with costs exceeding $15 million and with renovations continuing. The property however has kept the same foot print which is a requirement by the Town of Falmouth.

In order to accommodate our guest vehicles some of our standard rooms do overlook the parking lot. We do have guest rooms that offer better accommodations and views of the ocean. However, the rates for a better room are priced accordingly. Many times the hotel is busy with either group business or transient guests which results in possibly accepting a room due to it
being your only option at the time you wish to stay.

Our room rates are based on availability and are priced similarly to the airlines, when the demand is high the prices increase. Our rates do fluctuate below the rates you mentioned. In season we do have a resort fee in the amount of $15 per day which covers the services we offer by providing you chaise lounges, umbrellas, and beach towels. If you were to go to the beach for the day, parking alone would cost $15.

With over 30,000 square feet of function space, 1/3rd of the space is accessible by 6 steps and/or a ramp. The other 2/3rd’s of function space is on floor level.

Our Red’s Restaurant serves lunch and dinner; a perfect place to catch a sunset. In season, we have additional seating outside by the outdoor pool and overlooking the ocean. Our breakfast is served in our Ocean View Room. When business levels warrant it our iCafe is open to offer beverages and items you would find in a continental breakfast. In season, by the outdoor pool, we also have ice cream sundae shop.

I am sorry that you were dissatisfied with your accommodatations.
Americus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I made a reservation here for my birthday weekend after seeing a deal on Groupon. I had high expectations based on all the reviews and was not disappointed. The staff was incredible friendly and helpful, from the front desk to the on-site dining to the kitchen staff you pass in the hallway. I was there with my husband and our 21-month-old daughter and every staff member we saw looked happy to see us (not something you always get when traveling with a toddler). We were there in the off-season (March), so it wasn't crazy busy, but it didn't feel like a ghost town either. Good location, all around great experience. I'm already daydreaming about when I can go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night for a wedding in September.

The room was spacious and clean. We had a corner room on the second floor, and our view overlooked the roof of the 1st floor’s conference room area. It was very quiet even though there was plenty of foot traffic happening under our room.

The bathroom was new and clean. For toiletries, they provided Bath and Body Works.

The hotel staff was kind enough to let us check-in an hour early, so we had enough time to get ready before heading down to the ceremony on the beach at 4pm.

The pool area was packed full of people, and we didn’t see that many available loungers. The beach was a better bet if you wanted to lounge in the sun. But the pool area was better if you want to lounge and easily access the bar a few feet away.

Wedding Info:
The wedding was great, but the food was mediocre. They did a good job with the setup on the beach, cocktail area and reception area. They were good at insuring the guests were directed to the proper areas. The staff was very friendly and pleasant.

During cocktail hour, we had a few small peppers that had gone bad, so we had to spit them out on the napkins. During the reception, our entire table had chosen Filet Mignon. We didn’t get to choose how they would cook it, which is understood during a wedding. The problem was that we all got our steaks in different stages of cooking. It was a surprise until you cut into it. One was burnt, two were medium well, two were medium rare, and the rest were bloody meat chunks that were all still mooing. Aren’t there flags to signal how each steak is done, when you’re going to present them in such vastly different manners?

Overall, this place was a good getaway spot. If we come back, I’d try to get a room that has a small patio area that is right on the boardwalk of the beach: close to beach, pool, bar and restaurant. And the sunset is just so gorgeous from that vantage point.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marshfield, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

It's dirty. Full dirty linen bags left in the hallway, sand in the hot tub, hair in the bathroom....And the $18 for their breakfast was a complete waste of money. Drive the 10 minutes into town to find a better place to eat. Will do more research for a better place to stay next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Sea Crest Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am so disappointed that we failed to impress you, and to read your recent review. I too would have been less than happy to have encountered such accommodations. Rest assured that what you experienced is definitely not our standard or the norm. I am surprised by your review of our breakfast buffet. Usually, our guests find that while it may be a bit more than they have paid elsewhere, the omelet station and waffle station make up for the difference.

I do hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you that we truly care about our guests and their experiences. Please feel free to call me at 508-564-2551 if I can ever assist you personally

Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations.
Hingham,ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My Third Year @ SEACREST Review....
What a wonderfull, unasuming, funky, gracious Jewel of a Resort .
A Great Getaway with a group of girlfriends ,like we just did.
FUN BARTENDER & RESTAURANT STAFF!
WARM, WELCOMING STAFF!

The BEST HISTORIC DOWNTOWN close by.
Lively & Lovely Shops & Restaurants.
Bring your GPS and explore the back roads.
I just find the whole area friendly and welcoming.
I own 2 Shops in Ct. & wish I could retire here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of the Sea Crest..so glad you enjoyed your third year with us and look forward to many more!

I agree that we have a warm, welcoming and fun staff. I consider myself lucky to work with such professionals.

Come back soon!
Clark Guinn, Regional Director of Operations

Been to Sea Crest Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!