The Keurig (sp) individual cup coffee maker is fine, the cups are not. I want real cups, especially after driving the distance to get there when I wanted to kick up my heels with a cup of coffee and peruse the schedule and maps. They had these miserable styro/paper/whatnot cups that just don't cut it for as nice place as this is. In addition, as in all hotels, they have the individual packets of sugar, coffeemate, and fake sugar with stirrod, one of each. Although I am trying to get off sugar, I wanted more than just one teaspoon in my coffee after my arrival, to get up more steam for the night to come. Anyway, this means one needs to forage through more than one packet, thereby throwing the other items out, which is not so bad as they are fake. In addition, my preferences are for brown sugar which is offered in most places now. Again, I am trying to get off all sugar, so this would have been a bigger issue if I were not.
The rooms are lovely, the mattresses comfy, the Queen Anne (?) chair perfect for perusing what to do and when. Upon arrival, I found the light over the chair was out. I called and it took 15 minutes to get a new bulb, not bad. But I was impatient and wanted it more quickly.
We had our New Year's Eve party there and what a spread! Apparently, this is one of THE places to go for a NYEve buffet and dance. The food was unbelievable, as were all the cakes, cupcakes and chocolate waffles with chocolate icecream and chocolate sauce, but with strawberries and blueberries to top it off. I ate that first (not off sugar yet), then went to the meats (huge side of roast beef and whole chickens) and sides (potatoes and such), then to the salads and fish dishes, and finally back to the desserts for the cakes and cupcakes. There were other platters of foods, such as an antipasto platter which I did not have. There is so much and there is no need to overdo it! At midnight, we each got a glass of champagne to toast each. (By the way, I thought the band was good, yet regulars complained about this band or felt this band was better than last year. No accounting for taste!)
This event cost $85 for the dinner, band and dance. Since I went with a group, I paid a total price for the hotel, the dinner/dance and the huge breakfast the next day of $269. They even had the chocolate waffles for breakfast, but I decided to protein it up with bacon and eggs only. Oh, and this time I got a coffee in a ceramic cup. All is well, that ends well.
P.S. I would add pictures if I knew how.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel is located on one of the most beautiful beaches on Cape Cod. Just 70 miles from Boston, Sea Crest Beach Hotel is perfect for a wedding, reunion, corporate event, or just that perfect Cape Cod vacation, Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Old Sliver Beach will make your time on Cape Cod memorable. Sit by our outdoor saline pool, lie on our pristine, white sand, beach overlooking Buzzards Bay, go windsurfing, swimming, or just relax with a good book. The Sea Crest Beach Hotel is Cape Cod’s finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sea Crest Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Crest Falmouth Ma
- Sea Crest Beach Hotel Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod